Legends of the Fates

Discussion in 'The Tavern (RP Discussion)' started by DragonMaster21, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Jin smirks at Violet's amused reaction. Then, with a thumbs-up, he readies his nodachi on his back :

- Trust me, I got this. I still have a lot more tricks up my sleeves. Now where's the ship ?

2. Corrupt-Canine

Corrupt-Canine Active Member

The two take a quick trip to a small hangar bay. The ship she points at is the one Jin will ride. It looks like a white gray vetibird. She says goodbye before he enters the ship.
    "This is the psrt when we temporarily part ways. Try saving them quickly, we don't know how long they have to survive."

3. - They'll be all safe and sound. No casualty, I assure you... and, lemme kniw when you think the disease is gone from you for good, alright ? Maybe I can find something or someone to help you produce antidotes that can completely remove the disease, to help out the victims.

He hops on the ship.

- Goodbye for now, Vio, hahaha !

He points his gun at the sky, holding it with only his right hand, and firing off a few shots to say "goodbye" at Violet, as the ship leaves.

4. Corrupt-Canine

"That will help everyone immensely. It would be ground breaking."
    She covers her mouth and chuckles to herself as she watches on.
    "He'll be fine."

A couple minutes pass, and the ship is moving fast towards its destination. Noticeably outside the window, the trees and vegetation start to look darker, like it's been dyed with black ink. The atmosphere becomes a blank white color. Soon, there's a muggy gray fog that covers the area with visibility for only around 100 meters. Lighting is dull and it's usually the sort of brightness you see during heavy rain. The whole place looks like time just either stops or becomes disoriented.
    Violet speaks through the earphone.
    "Okay, you're just about there Jin."

5. Jin takes a deep breath, and chuckles :

- Smells like home.

He then readies his gauntlets and stands his ground.

- See anything down there yet ?

6. Corrupt-Canine

"There's a couple skirmishers down there on the motion sensor, but they're too far from the drop off point. Skirmishers are weak compared to what other creatures we deal with."
    The ship stops moving and settles on a nearby barren patch of rocky ground. The cleared out path is in view.
    "Just follow that path up to the right. The ship will stay here until you and the team is back here."

7. Jin looks up ahead, then around him. The fog and thd bland white appearance of the whole place makes it look like a graveyard of sort, and he starts to feel unsettled to no end.

- On 2nd thought...

He switches his AK47 to a pair of sawed-off shotguns and aims them forward, as he presses on.

- Alright, here we go. Keep an eye out for anything up ahead, alright ?

8. Corrupt-Canine

"It's okay for now, I'm here."
    Along the way, Jin comes across tall military-ish fences. They look like electric fences but no electricity is being made in them.
    "You're close."
    Further into the vicinity, the air begins to ripple. It's the same ripple effect caused by heat on a hot large surface. Then black and whiteness appear and begin to expand.
    "Hide behind some thick brush. An Alpha Beast is materializing..."

9. Jin narrows his eyes at the black and white aura expanding in the vicinity, and slides across the ground a flat, circular device on the ground, which projects a hologram of hinself, in plain view. Then, he cloaks himself in a wormhole and vanishes out of sight, but still keeping an eye on the beast materializing itself.

10. Corrupt-Canine

The portal opens fully, and a giant hunched creature about half a meter taller than Jin comes through. It has black fur like coat with a skull for a head but no eyes. It has visibly large horns and long thick claws. It's followed by 2 others. 2 of them have their horns expanding towards the side, looking similar to how a jester's two ends stretch opposite sides. The difference being they don't have a skull, but a black ominous spot on their faces, their eyes not visible, except for their human teeth like smile.
    The Alpha Beast takes notice of the hologram. It inhails half a second, then fires a very forceful thick beam of blackness, ripping the trees and fauna behind it. The Alpha Beast slashes at the image for a few seconds until loosing interest. It walks away, with the others following behind, one emitting a long deep low pitched "Aiiiiiiiie" sound.

"God, Lurkers too? Alphas are bad, but Lurkers? Oh you got to be kidding..."

11. Jin doesn't dare even try to speak, not after what he just sees from the Alpha Beast, and what he hears from Violet, about these "Lurkers". He appears behind a bush, out of the monsters' sights, and makes a text message to the map hologram back at Violet's location.

"I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THAT SHIT-- oh, just kidding. Seriously, though, any idea how to take them down without, I dunno, being blown to pieces in oblivion ?"

After sending the message, he takes a peek at the monsters again, and slides another hologram projector in the ground. The image this time is Jin holding a sniper rifle, and as it "fires", an extremely loud gunshot echoes across the vicinity.
    Jin takes the chance when the beasts are distracted and quickly rushes pass them.
    Another message sent in.

"Pressing on ! Calling in for navigation ! Over !"

12. Corrupt-Canine

"You will need heavy artillery. Their skin is dense as hell. Something like a Batret 50 Cal should do it. But in this enviroment will make them hard to spot from afar."

The beasts head toward the source of the noise and investigate for a couple seconds before leaving again. It seems they are smarter than they look, and probably won't fall for the same trick again.

"The road ahead looks clear, you should be seeing the compund right about now. There's a few skirmishers blocking enterance, you should clear them."

13. Azrion/Zhalo

Azrion/Zhalo The Felynes have arisen!

(I'm pretty sure that the story can't continue until this side plot is over with. I'm also pretty sure that it's not even taking place in the same universe anymore)

14. (This ain't side-plot anymore... it's a freaking DLC now, hahaha)

Corrupt-Canine likes this.
  15. Corrupt-Canine

(It's probably going to be a while before the OP resumes again.)

16. Azrion/Zhalo

Azrion/Zhalo The Felynes have arisen!

(Yeah, it basically is a DLC now. Ya know, the DLC with Barret 50. Cal rifles in a primarily magic-based game)

17. (There are sci-fi stuffs in this too, pal)

Jin thinks for a while, then looks at his shotguns, and presses his lips :

- You said their skin... but have you ever thought of turning them upside down from inside out ?

As he says so, he notices the beasts are having better reactions towards his hologram.

- These beasts seem to know to learn... shit is just gettin' more and more unreal, isn't it... and to think you people have to deal with them on a daily basis. Sheesh.

He continues pressing on, until he sees the copound, and takes a good look at the monsters blocking the entrance. As he narrows his eyes and adjusts his visor, he puts a lolipop in his mouth in a side, in a fashion similar to cowboys, then readies his shotguns :

- It's new moon.

Then, in the blink of an eye, he pulls the triggers as fast as he can. The shotguns don't fire out any visible projectiles or make any audible noises, but the monsters stagger backward a moment after every time Jin pulls the triggers, as a blast of frost blows up at their bodies, until they're all in frozen pieces.
    Jin smirks :

- Invisible and completely silent frost moonlight ! Pretty cool, eh ?

18. (Forgot : this is what Jin did when he took down the beasts)

(Starts at 0:51 : he locks-on the targets through his visor to get clear shots before executing the attacks)

19. Corrupt-Canine

"Yeah. They are part of the reason why we don't really practice magic often. Darn things show up and nullifies every known ability."

(Oh, High noon.)

"The coast is clear now. The door should be open."

20. Jin glances at his shotgun again, then back at where the beasts leave.

- I got a trick for you... opening a wormhole right inside their body, then throw all your big bullets and cannon-balls into their insides. Originally magic, but I tried with tech, and succeeded too.

He walks forth while removing the chambers of the shotguns, in a fashion similar to reloading a revolver. He jams a large pack with 6 slots of shotgun shells inside the chamber, then puts it back, and hammers it.
    The door opens. Jin stands at the front, now not with his shotguns, but with his twin katanas, smirking :

- Objective A cleared. Commence attack on objective B.

21. Corrupt-Canine

Inside the bulding, it's pretty dark. Other than the few emergency lights shining, most of the place is out of power. And very dirty.
    "This whole place looks like it was abandoned for a many years, but strangely for only about a few days. It doesn't look bad, it looks horrible!"
    On the ground, there is a lot of pebbles, debris, spent bullets, random guns on the floor, and some broken glass. There's an elevator to the top, except it has no power and no emergency door to climb to the top. The stairs seem like a good idea which are located in the back of the building.
    "It's a good idea to turn the power on first. That way, the elevator will be available for them to take and get out. The basement is a couple halls down, though the door requires a key. It couldn't hurt just to smash it down.

22. Jin takes a good look at the vicinity from the entrance and frowns at how rundown it all looks. He can't imagine how it'd feel like to have to stay here just to hide from monsters being on the loose.

- Looks like hell, if you ask me.

He tries to stay as close to the wall as possible, with his visor turned on to help him see better in the dark, all the while trying to avoid getting in plain sight or stepping on anything on the floor to cause noises. It's either him or any of the monster in the area. He tries to joke, but his voice a bit shaky, probably because of the darkness making him uncomfortable.

- Tell me if you see anything moving, so I'll know to run.

23. Corrupt-Canine

"I don't see anything moving yet."
    A dead body is seen inside an open room he is passing, in uniform but covered with black bile and his skin is discolored. There's an obvious injury on his chest.
    "If we can turn on the power, the electric fences should be able to keep them out."

24. Jin walks pass the room with the dead body. A disturbing and unsettling thought crosses his mind as he frowns in disgust and fear.
    He's watched enough "Let's Play Dead Space" on YouTube to know what to expect from a dead body in a place overwhelmed by mutated monsters.
    With a click on the cock of the shotgun, and a pull of the trigger, he dismembers the corpse into bits, to make sure it won't suddenly stand up and turn into a monster and flank him from behind.
    Once nothing of it is left, he presses on.

- Hey, just askin'... those monsters can't mutate dead bodies into creepy walking sons of bitches, right ?... Right ?

25. Corrupt-Canine

"They're... not supposed to as far as we know. They can only corrupt, infect, and mutate living people."
    Further down, there's a map showing where the basement is.
    There is banging that can be heard in the walls and under, like scuttling of some kind.
    "There's movement, but I can't see what it is. Oh wait, I think something is following you inside. It looks like a corrupted human."
    The thing is some human male hugging its arms close to itsself as if cold. It's breathing heavily and begins wandering around from the main enterance. It's glowing white and has a worried looking face. It's followed by another human abomination, one sounding clearly pissed, wearing a torn jacket, and hunched forward.