Let me introduce myself

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions' started by Nyrim, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Nyrim

Nyrim New Member

Hello everyone !

You can call me Damian if you speak english or Damien if you speak french. I currently live in France but I intend to move to North America. Any information or advice is welcome.

I work as a computer scientist, more specifically as a programmer. I also love playing all sorts of games.

I don't have a fursona (yet) but I'm thinking about getting one.

If you have any question about me, I'll be happy to answer you.

2. BoxOrphan

BoxOrphan New Member

Welcome to the board. I don't know anything about immigration, but why don't you list in more detail the kinds of things you do and like? ^^

3. Nyrim

Nyrim New Member

Haha, I have an idea on how to do it but it's more things like habits and cultural things that I might need. It could help me decide where exaclty I should go.

You want more details about what I do and like. Well, as I said, I'm a programmer, so I like to code. I also like to give advices and help others when it comes to computer. I'm not an expert but this is the field I master the most since I have a degree.

About games, when I said all sorts of games, I meant it. Video games, board games, paper rpg, I love all of them. Also, I like to try new games, even if I'm not good at it. I also like any kind of entertainment like amusment parks for exemple.

When I want to chill, I just watch some anime or browse the web aimlessly. FA being one of the place I browse of course.

That should cover everything about what I like to do.

BoxOrphan likes this.
  4. reptile logic

reptile logic An imposter among aliens.

There are lots of French speaking people in eastern Canada, but you likely knew that. Most people here in The States can barely speak English; having slowly converted over to 'murrican *joke*. Here around Seattle, there are many languages spoken depending on where you are located; Spanish, Croatian, Korean, Chinese, Russian...

My major passions are writing and motorcycle riding. I have other interests as well.

If you do visit the Seattle area, let me know. We could chat over a cup of coffee or a beer. I am no authority on the local culture, but I may be of some help.

Nyrim likes this.
  5. Cynotex

Cynotex Gilnean

Nice introduction. Welcome to FAF Damian!!!

6. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Logically chaotic and twice as charming

Ze French are le invading our country!

Welcome to the forum, mate.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

As for immigrating to America, it's one of the best countries to live in by far, especially if you have skills sought after. It's going to take time to be able to move there though, due to the millions upon millions of immigration requests each year.

Nyrim likes this.
  7. Nyrim

Nyrim New Member

This is very nice of you. Unfortunately, it seems comming to the US is currently an especially difficult task. I'll focus on comming first to Canada. Maybe I'll try to immigrate there again one day though.

Thanks ! I'm not sure I'll be very active on the forum though, I'm so shy it took me years to wright a message in this forum, haha !

First the US and then the rest of the world ! Mwahaha !
    Thanks for the funny welcome.
    It seems immigrating to america became even more difficult for political reasons. So as I said, maybe not right now. But I got to say it's refreshing to see people who are not trying to tell me to go to Canada instead.

8. Yakamaru

As I see it, I'd rather move to the US over Canada. Really not fond of how Justin Trudeau is running Canada.

9. Nyrim

Nyrim New Member

If I were moving for political reasons, I would probably go in Antartica. Joke aside, I'm not exactly aware of how Canada is beeing handled by this Trudeau. Or maybe not at all to be honnest. But you got me curious, can you give me more details please ?

10. Yakamaru

There are some VERY questionable actions taken by the PM, not to mention words spoken in public, and some rather.. Weird-looking bills being suggested. Bill C-16 and M-103, to be exact.

I question them as they are extremely vague in their terms/definitions, and I can't find anywhere that clearly defines what's in those bills.

One basically says you can't mispronounce/misgender someone's gender/gender identity, while the other one's loose as hell in its terms of "Islamophobia". Both leads to in some cases heavy fines.

As the outrage is going to explode when people actually come to understand how vague these bills really are, people are going to be severely pissed. Pander to ANY group, be it a minority or a majority, the groups that are not being pandered to are going to get pissed.

11. Nyrim

Nyrim New Member

I see. Well hopefully nothing too serious comes out of this. I don't really feel affected by theses bills on a personal level so immigrating should not be a problem for me.

If I feel that the current situation is too problematic, I could always try to move to the US. The hardest part is always to find a visa and it is often synonymous with finding a job before even entering the country. The problem is, I don't know anyone or any company on the territory. Plus, I don't have much confidence in my english speaking skills.

By the way, where do you live exactly ?

12. modfox

modfox Viking Archer Fox

Gutiska razda. hwair ist namo þeins?

13. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Please allow me to introduce myself
    I'm a man of wealth and taste
    I've been around for a long, long year
    Stole many a man's soul to waste

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
    Had his moment of doubt and pain
    Made damn sure that Pilate
    Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name
    But what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game

Welcome to FAF.

14. Nyrim

Nyrim New Member

From what I could find, this is gothic and you're asking me my name or something ? I'm not sure.

I'm not very knowledgable about religion but I have an idea. Is your name Judas ?
    Thanks for the welcome.

modfox likes this.
  15. modfox

modfox Viking Archer Fox

yes it is Gothic and welcome

16. reptile logic

reptile logic An imposter among aliens.

[QUOTE="Nyrim, post: 5729244, member: 110649"

... I'm not very knowledgable about religion but I have an idea. Is your name Judas ?
    Thanks for the welcome.[/QUOTE]

Not quite. Lyrics from "Sympathy for the Devil" by The Rolling Stones. Beggars Banquet album.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  17. Nyrim

Nyrim New Member

Too bad. I'm not knowledgable about music either. Thanks for the answer.