Looking for a Fighting Tourney RP Through PM.

Discussion in 'The Tavern (RP Discussion)' started by BennyJackdaw, Oct 24, 2017.

1. BennyJackdaw

BennyJackdaw Active Member

Right now I've been itching for a fighting tourney RP, but I'm having a hard time getting one going. I tried one at a Pokemon forum a while ago, but it didn't get far. Now I'm trying here. I'm hoping for a 1X1 through PM. Again, light fetishes/quirks are allowed, and I have an idea for a large-footed character I want to use, but I don't want anything too gross like "His foot smelled terrible and was covered in toe jam" or anything like that. Personally, I really do like large-footed character and fatfurs... but I have a limit, so I'm just warning you now.

Also to put out there: No, I do NOT have Discord, Telegram, Kik or any other chat program, and do not want to make an account on any of these because I prefer taking my time with an RP, and I also have low bandwidth. Please understand.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  2. BennyJackdaw

...I wonder if it's really that big of a deal that I absolutely can't play in a chat program. :(

3. Steelite

Steelite Way too much salt and edge

I think it kinda is. With those chat programs, you'll always get notifications whenever the other player makes a post. With the FAF "conversation", or any other sorts of inbox, you have to at least reload the site just to see if there's anything new.

4. BennyJackdaw

But I don't have the bandwidth for chat sites, and being on a chat site would also mean I can't take my time posting like I could through PM, which is why I prefer it.

If you're interested, I'm willing to RP with you.

5. Steelite

What do you have in mind ?

6. BennyJackdaw

I was kind of hoping to go with my initial idea of having a fighting tournament or something along those lines.

7. Steelite

Sounds good, but what're the rules ? Magic is or isn't allowed, no killing, only winning by knocking someone unconscious, etc ?

8. BennyJackdaw

I think I can allow a little magic, but nothing too drastic. The character for myself I have in mind is a transformer. His main form is a 5ft4 blue-jay, though he can turn into a 7ft6 creature kind of like my rendition of Road Runner: www.furaffinity.net: Meep-Meep! by BennyBunnycorn ...Who's supposed to be faster and more flexible, but loses arms. That could be considered magic. As for killing, yeah, I'd rather stick to just knocking the opponent out, but if you want to put killing on the table, that's okay.

I was thinking maybe it could be a two on two tournament, but I'm open for suggestions.

9. Steelite

I actually prefer no magic, and... yeah, no killing either.
    2v2 or 1v1 works for me.

10. BennyJackdaw

Would you rather I restrict my character to one form and remove transforming or keep tourney fights to a single form while still allowing him the ability? Or are you fine with him transforming mid-battle. My idea's that he starts out in normal form, and if he thinks one form's not working, he switches to the other (Though if he gets hurt in one form, that impairs his other form, too), but you said you prefer no magic, so would you rather he just stick to one form?

Also, do you have a character in mind for yourself, or are you still working on it?

11. Steelite

You can switch between forms, like human-werewolf, I don't mind. Different forms, different strength/speed/etc, but nothing of the sort like manipulating elements or the likes.

I set up my sona about a month ago : forums.furaffinity.net: I did a thing for my 'sona

12. BennyJackdaw

Okay... I have to be honest... your character is pretty ****ing bad***. I've never even heard of a Phoenix-Minotaur before, but they're awesome. He seems to be a very strong creature as well, which may ballance out my character who's supposed to be speedy. ...I notice a lot of people make up characters specifically for multiple RPs ahead of time, yet I generally think of a character for a specific RP on the fly. Is that wrong?

Now, how should we start. Maybe the two could be arriving at the Tournament to sign up for it, or maybe just dive into a match right off the bat?

13. Steelite

Aye, I'm terrible at going with speed, so yeah, I'll just keep myself durable and stable.

Nothing wrong with it, unless you somehow make the char able to counter or benefit from specific aspects of the RP. For example, in a fantasy world where you need mana to use magic, you just go with a char that has a large amount of mana and excellent mana regeneration to give yourself as little difficulty as possible.
    Otherwise, you're fine.

I'll go with the 1st option, to give the whole RP a bit of context.

14. BennyJackdaw

Final question: Do you want to do the RP here or via PM either in the forum or the art site?

15. Steelite

Let's do it here, in case anyone else wanna join.

16. BennyJackdaw

OOC: As of right now, any paragraph not starting with "OOC:" is in character.

Today marked the beginning of a grand fighting tournament. This was to be a team event that would involve a series of two-on-two matches ending in a grand prize. Many fought for money, others for glory. To some, the money prize of 50 thousand dollars would help them through life, but for others they cared more about fame than money.

Approaching the arena were two competitors in particular. There was a small Blue Jay accompanied by a larger Phoenix Minotaur. The Blue Jay was named Jonah Hawke, a feisty character who looked a bit bird-brained. While walking along side the Phoenix Minotaur, he was scrambling around his blue cloth vest and brown jeans, searching for something.

"Aww man, don't tell me I lost the applications," Jonah cried. "Aww, I didn't leave them at the diner, did I? You have them, right?"

17. Steelite

The minotaur-phoenix (named Steelite) clicks his tongue, and goes through his bag, which hangs on the belt at his waist.

- Gimme a sec...

He takes out two application forms, one is his and the other has the name Jonah Hawke on it.

- Here, got it.

He puts the two forms back in his bag and zips it, making sure they won't fall off (unless somehow the bag falls off instead).
    He doesn't have much else to carry along, other than a pair of black shields, one on his back and the other on his left hand.
    [​IMG]
    He looks forward to this tournament, hoping to get the reward so he can support his family better. He doesn't mind whomever he'll team up with, as long as the two can work together to win it all.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  18. BennyJackdaw

"Oh, good then," Jonah said before looking at Steele's weapons. Something didn't feel right. "Wait a minute, Steele, I'm sure the officials will be fine with you bringing that hammer, sword and that cool shield of yours, but I'm pretty sure the rules of the tourney forbid guns and projectile weapons."

(I don't know if guns would be fair in a fighting tourney, but the other weapons would probably be more appropriate, though I do want your input on guns VS no-guns.)

19. Steelite

(I completely forgot about the rules of no killing... lemme fix my post.)

20. Steelite

(Fixed ; now I only dual-wield shields)

21. BennyJackdaw

"Oh... okay, thank you," Jonah said. "Sorry, sometimes I feel a bit flighty."

The two eventually reached the admission hall where they checked in. They were then sent to a room where they would wait for their match. ...Though this was optional. Instead, they could roam the arena, attend an opening ceremony, or even grab some food from a stall. There was even a training room for brushing up on your skills. "So... What you feeling like doing before the tourney starts, Steele? It looks like we have some time before we're up."

22. Steelite

After the short tour, Steelite shrugs.

- Let's get some workout. Wouldn't want any cramps in the middle of the fight.

And with that, he draws the shield on his back to his left hand, and heads to the training room.

23. BennyJackdaw

Jonah joined Steele in the training room. There were creatures of all types of shapes in this gym, but there were plenty of big guys here. Jonah felt slightly intimidated by them. He knew Steele well, but these other guys were new to him. "Right... time to work on... my mixed-style." Jonah went over to a training dummy and started attacking it. He used all sorts of kicks and punches, though his punches were straight, and his kicks were a mix of several types of kicks, though usually his legs were kept fairly straight. "I usually find myself using Muay Thai moves, but I've been working on a grappling style called "Kama-Jutsu," Jonah said out loud.

24. Steelite

Steelite takes a quick look at the other creatures, and feels his heart beating faster than usual, though it's more like because he looks forward to having a good beat-em-up with them in the upcoming fights. Other than that, he sticks close to Jonah.
    He doesn't really feel sociable, anyway.
    The mino-phoenix walks to a training dummy next to Jonah's.

- Aye, I'm a big fan of martial arts, but a total sucker at it. I'm more about using weapons.

He then starts to bash, smash, smack and whack his shields at it in all directions he can think of. Some of his moves also include "cleaving" the dummy's neck with the shield in a vertical or horizontal "slash". His moves seem to resemble some sort of mixed street-fighting martial art styles, though rather basic.
    Because of the pointy edge of his shields, his "cleave" moves leave behind a bit of scratches on the dummy.

25. BennyJackdaw

Suddenly, Jonah heard a crowd of people going through the hall. "Huh, the ceremony must have ended," Jonah said. "It looks like we're in room 37, so our fight will be number nineteen. Do you want to train some more? I think we have a bit of time before our match, but we should probably have time to cool off as well."

(Want to bring in a side-antagonist character soon? I got an idea for one, but I want a partner for him. You can play him and make one up, or I could do it myself. ...Or we could postepone that idea.)