Commission (Hiring): Looking For An Artist For Character Design (Closed)

Discussion in 'Art Sales and Auctions' started by Dandorm, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Dandorm

Dandorm Fahcs Lives!

Hi there thanks for checkin out my thread!

So as the title states I'm looking for an artist for some help with character design. This piece would be for my boyfriend who would like an artist to work with him on his sona to get it the way he envisions it in his head. He's been struggling a bit to draw it himself and has agreed to let me look for an artist to help him out. He already has one piece of art for his sona which I got commissioned from him
    [​IMG]
    (Artist:PrismaKitty)

He does like this piece but because it was based off a description that he gave me and I got it as a surprise, some details of it were wrong or not how he envisioned it. So basically I'm just looking for someone to work with him on redesigning it a little.

His sona is important to him so he can be quite particular. *IMPORTANT* if you find it difficult to work with fussy clients this might not be the commission for you. My budget is about $150 but of course I'd prefer to spend less than this if I can help it.

If you're interested please feel free to reply to this thread, send me a PM, note me on FA (link on my profile) or pop me a message on Telegram @Dandorm (best way to contact me).

Thanks again and I hope to speak to you all soon

2. Darklunac

Darklunac Member

First I need to say I laughed to myself when I saw the stained lab coat x) mine look like that a lot.

I'm usualy pretty good with this kind of commission. I usualy see what people have in their mind quite quickly :3

Are you looking for a shaded fullbody like the example you have or for a reference sheet? My shaded fullbodies are 30$ cad and my refs start at 40$ cad for a back and a front view. The higher I've got with a ref was 78$ for a back, a front and a side view plus a headshot, a closeup of the paw and a chibi.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ModifiedRabbit

ModifiedRabbit Commission Artist

4. alekivz

alekivz icon by owlapin

I can do two styles of reference sheet for two different prices -- given the communication involved, I would be pricing them slightly differently than my usual rates.

Style A is more realistic & anatomically precise, at $105:
    [​IMG]

Style B is more stylised, but comes at a lower price of $85.

[​IMG]

More examples of my work can be found on furaffinity, twitter, & deviantart, or you can e-mail me -- I'm alekivz at gmail.com.

5. scythemouse

scythemouse Not a computer peripheral

I'm able to run things through with multiple sketches if need be. Please give me a look.
    [​IMG]

6. dipindu

dipindu Dibudipindu

Hello!
    I'd be glad to work with you if you'd like :>
    I consider myself pretty patient and easy-going, I try to provide as many WIPs as I possibly can too to provide the best possible outcome. If you wish to reach me easiest and fastest PMing me here is best!
    I usually do reference sheets for ~65$ if its only front and back, the chibis at the bottom can be replaced with something else but after that there is an extra fee depending on what you'd like to add.
    If you're looking for a standalone fullbody picture however that is 60$ with simple background and shades.

Here are a few pieces I've done:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hope to hear from you soon and thank you for your time!

7. FakeAnarchist

FakeAnarchist Member

Hi, I'm interested in taking up your commission, I have worked on many different projects in a variety of styles.
    upload_2017-7-17_0-5-42.jpeg upload_2017-7-17_0-5-14.jpeg upload_2017-7-17_0-6-40.jpeg upload_2017-7-17_0-6-23.jpeg

you can check out more of my work here: TheLivingShadow's DeviantArt Gallery

and see my pricing here:
    upload_2017-7-17_0-4-25.jpeg

If you're interested in hiring me let me know!

8. NegaNeon

NegaNeon Member

Hello, I'll be happy to work with you and your boyfriend in designing his character! I'm a patient one with nearly 10 years of experience designing peoples' OCs; providing WIPs from start to finish and there's plenty of wiggle room for edits to get the design just right!
    Character design work starts at $100; which includes the design process and a colored sketch of the final design. Since there's a base design provided, instead of starting from scratch, I can upgrade it to a front/back colored sketch ref sheet once the final design is confirmed. If you would like additional things on the sheet like closeups, chibis, or making it more polished, we can discuss those rates later on. :>

I've included some samples of characters I've designed before and the process involved with each of them. You can check out more of my work on my Furaffinity or Tumblr. If you're interested or have any questions, feel free to PM me here, on FA, or preferably, my work email: neganeon@gmail.com
    Best of luck with your search!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Kotorozec

Kotorozec Member

I'm open and interested in doing this commisson for you. I love to draw species I haven't drawn yet.
    Also I likee to be in touch with commissioner - sendigs WIP's and trying to make art as adequate to description as it's possible.
    upload_2017-7-17_9-15-13.jpeg
    If you're looking for refference sheet prices are from 45$ for front view to +100$ for front, back view and few closeups

10. solaris91

solaris91 Member

Hi! i would like to do your your request ! here some example of my art and price.
    If you want see more art, you can go here---> QueenSolaris on DeviantArt , and here you can find all the commission i made so far --->solaris91's profile — Weasyl
    IF you need clarification, don't be afraid to ask :)
    [​IMG]

11. sushy

sushy Gundam Meister

Hi, I am interested too. Here are some examples of my work:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here are my prices:

www.furaffinity.net: Commission Info 2017 by sushy

As you can see, there are plenty of options for your budget.
    Please note me or e-mail me at sushychan(at)gmail.com if you want to work with me.

12. silveredgreen

silveredgreen Determined Dragon

fictionfactoryart.weebly.com: Fiction Factory

Hello, i'm interested in giving it a shot! I enjoy drawing dragons and i'm the type of person who naturally wants to ensure the customer is happy with the way their order looks before i even finish. I'm patient and willing to send as many previews as possible to get the look your boyfriend prefers. My prices and examples are on the link provided above. I have a few options that are suitable for character designs, and a few ref sheet options all within your budget.

13. 6yndybell

6yndybell Member

Hi! I´m very interested on this new character commission.

Cost of reference sheet with 2 simple color views is $40 USD

Or reference sheet with 3 simple color views and 3 sketch headshots is $65 USD

You can check my gallery here: Userpage of cyndybell -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

If you are interested, feel free to ask n__n

Reference sheet examples:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Dandorm

Dandorm Fahcs Lives!

Hi everyone, apologies for doing this so soon but me and my boyfriend have found an artist we are willing to work with and we feel is right for us. Sorry to everyone who we didn't pick, it was a hard choice seeing as you are all very good at what you do ^ ^