Free Art: Looking for Canines to practice with!

Discussion in 'Art Exchange and Trades' started by coldbrew, Sep 30, 2017.

1. coldbrew

coldbrew Actually drinks coldbrew now.

'ey, everybody! I'm looking to laser-focus my practice with characters, starting with canines! Planning on learning to design characters with more dynamic poses, expressions and different styles.

So anybody with wolves, dogs, foxes or any canid fursonas, feel free to post here! Put as much detail into the description as you want, including personalities. If you want any specific clothes, do tell, since I'll draw them anyways.

Here's my stuff for reference:
    - FA Gallery
    - Forum Sketchbook

Thanks a bunch! Looking forward to see what awesome 'sonas are there ^^

UPDATE:
    ------------Requests are CLOSED for now!----------- feel free to check back for updates as I work on these :)

Batch 1:
    1. @featherw0lf - Completed
    [​IMG]
    2. @julievee - Completed
    [​IMG]
    3. @SveltColt - Completed
    [​IMG]
    4. @Yakamaru - Sketching
    5. @Wolf-Nightshade - Sketching

Batch 2:
    6. @JesterKatz
    7. @BlakeTromaville
    8. @KeitoTheMidnightFox
    9. @CastielTsuki
    10. @binjiarts

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Yakamaru likes this.
  2. featherw0lf

featherw0lf Lovable Dorky Werewolf

3. julievee

julievee Member

I'd love one! Maybe you'd have interest in my scar faced protection dog ^^ Here is Bas Rouge ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (warning! Blood!)

Here is a gallery I made of clothing you might see them in. Feel free to pick your fav.

Or if you are into weapons. Drawing her with some of her weaponry. Check out the gallery here for equipment.

4. SveltColt

SveltColt NANI?!?

Sup

Can you draw him?

Pose:
    [​IMG]
    Sword:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  5. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Logically chaotic and twice as charming

6. Wolf-Nightshade

Wolf-Nightshade An Anthro Artist

7. JesterKatz

JesterKatz But, surely you jest.

8. BlakeTromaville

BlakeTromaville New Member

9. KeitoTheMidnightFox

KeitoTheMidnightFox ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

If your still interested. This is the only basic ref I have of my guy. He is a black and purple fox. DJ, producer and gamer. (Basically like me?) He is a kind, derpy and serious when needed. Very loyal and always willing to help someone. Loves dropping heavy music at venues. (Which this year I actually got to drop some tunes at a convention rave) But he also normally wears either a white shirt or any color. Mostly dark. And a black hoodie. And most likely either jeans or black pants.

Attached Files:

10. CastielTsuki

CastielTsuki New Member

11. binjiarts

binjiarts Member

12. coldbrew

Whew, that's a LOT of canines! Awesome! I'll get started on the sketches then. Will split it into two batches, so there might a be wait before I get to working on the later pieces...thanks a bunch, guys!

Yakamaru and SveltColt like this.
  13. coldbrew

And here he is - www.furaffinity.net: Alex Character Sketch by coldbrew I couldn't resist having a go at his human form as well; hope you don't mind :p

[​IMG]

featherw0lf and julievee like this.
  14. featherw0lf

featherw0lf Lovable Dorky Werewolf

This is amazing!! I've always wanted a sketch page like this thank you so much ;u;
    I actually might just use this as a reference sheet!

Open_Mind likes this.
  15. CastielTsuki

CastielTsuki New Member

Damn thats really good :D

16. coldbrew

Awesome, glad that you like it! Feel free to use it however you want, just remember to credit it ^^
    Thanks again for such a fun character!

Thanks! Can't wait to take a shot at Cas; I seriously love that art you got of him :p

17. ThyBlackReaper

ThyBlackReaper Demonic Werewolf Floof

Hi I have a werewolf and human form
    here he is My Fursona by ThyBlackReaper on DeviantArt
    Please draw him without red markings. Also his wings are Optional so don't have to stress about them!

Aleric Karasik by ThyBlackReaper on DeviantArt
    im probs miss as always =/ anyway love your art style.

18. Grimm Hund

Grimm Hund Active Member

I have a few canine characters you can practice with! I like your style. Would you like solo scenes or would couple's scenes works?

19. LinnyChanPL

LinnyChanPL Linnie :3

Lemme know when you will have a free slot, I'd love to see what you can do with my character! I don't want to put it on you now, since your list is full. ^w^ If you are interested in art trade, hit me up!

20. Martin_Fax

Martin_Fax Member

I take a spot if you do a 3rd batch ^_^ That's if you are okay with doing plumper fursonas ^_^
    [​IMG]

21. Battle Foxxo

Battle Foxxo Member

I got my demon Sona!
    I included his unmassked and masked headshot and outfit!
    You can draw him with or without the head pieces, I don't mind Whatcha pick!
    I hope you do a third batch soon!

Attached Files:

22. coldbrew

Phew, finally got time to work with the comp again today! Here's Bas Rouge!
    [​IMG]

I hope I didn't stray too much from the original design! She looked so punk and badass, and I wanted to use both the weapon and clothing styles you gave me! It didn't occur to me what species she is; I just used a Doberman-like type for basis, since you said protection dog and all....it's only after I finished it that I found out she might be a Beauceron (is she?) :oops: Should've asked you, haha.

Anyways, it was lots fun to draw, and I uploaded rough sketches of her in my sketchbook thread, if you wanna check it out. ;) Thanks for dropping by!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    SveltColt, Yakamaru and julievee like this.
  23. coldbrew

@ThyBlackReaper , @Grimm Hund , @Martin_Fax, @Battle Foxxo thanks for posting your awesome furs! As you can see I'm pretty slow as of now, and haven't got plans to do a third batch. I'll let you know if I do though! And at the very least, I can do a quick rough pencil sketch of you guys!

Closing the requests for now then ;)

24. Rant

Rant Haters Gonna Hate

I hope this is still open! Will you except a fox hybrid?
    [​IMG]
    Edit: damn just saw you closed. Maybe next time

25. Battle Foxxo

Battle Foxxo Member

Ok! Thank you!