Magic the Gathering

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PencilBrain, May 17, 2017.

1. PencilBrain

PencilBrain Squishy Butt

Hellooo:3
    Anyone play Magic?
    What kind of deck to you run?
    Whats your favourite format?
    And issues you have with your local magic scene?
    Also Cockatrice! Do you use it?

2. Trashsona

Trashsona Well-Known Member

I'm very new to magic but I do love it! I like blue decks primarily where I can mess with the opponent's deck. I remember playing a black and blue deck against my brother and spent the entire time making him discard, return his cards, and destroying everything, it was a blast! I don't really don't know too much about the formats but I like playing with no restrictions, at least with my friends where we focus in making fun decks rather than winning. The only issue that I have with the local scene is that the only group of regulars have decks that are a million times better than mine :p. I've used Cockatrice a few times before, it's very handy for when you want to play games with your friends online, I like it more than the official online Magic platforms.

Sarachaga likes this.
  3. PencilBrain

PencilBrain Squishy Butt

Blue is definatly one of my favourite mana types. The learning curve for magic is high. I would recommend reading the extended rulebook and participating in the fnm draft format. Easy way to get thos e great cards your opponents are using and it levels the playing field by making everyone build decks based off the cards they pulled in the draft.

Trashsona likes this.
  4. Sarachaga

Sarachaga Well-Known Member

I play casually. Mostly blue black or blue green.
    Haven't played in a while tho ^^

PencilBrain likes this.
  5. Crimson_Steel17

Crimson_Steel17 The night is my solace; the day is my prime

Hello!
    I do quite a bit of Tournament Play...
    I typically run Red/Black, because this allows me to go aggro when necessary as well as burn when possible.
    Sealed. It's like Halo, where everyone starts on an equal footing.
    Around here there's a lot of shops, but not not many of them are good at sanctioning tournaments. Either they get too few players to be official, or they go ham and charge too much for the entries...
    I'll have to look that one up... the last tournament I played was the Amonkhet Pre-release, and the most memorable part of that was the severe lack of creatures to be had by any of the players that showed

6. PencilBrain

PencilBrain Squishy Butt

Burn death eh :3 nice combo. I do tournament play aswell but our shops kinda suck here aswell. I run 700$ t color sliver edh deck. I mostly play edh but i do run standard when im in the mood.

7. Alstren

Alstren Nerd Bird

I used to play standard back in the Scars/Innistrad days even had a freaken scary non meta R/G Liquimetal Coating deck. Apart from that I mostly played casually preferring red decks over any thing else really.

But I kind of dropped the game after awhile, because I found it too pay to win heavy and I didn't have enough disposable income to keep up with my group of people who I played MTG with.

8. PencilBrain

PencilBrain Squishy Butt

Damn innistrad eh. Yeah i started playing around the shards of alara block. But i got out of it untill a few years ago. Burn decks are pretty cool so mono red still works. And yeah standard is very pay to win. Bu thats why i play a lot of draft format.

9. Alstren

Alstren Nerd Bird

Iv been thinking about playing limited, but I don't really collect cards anymore so I'am not really sure what Id do with them afterwards.

PencilBrain likes this.
  10. PencilBrain

PencilBrain Squishy Butt

Trust me lol. If you start playing you will probably want to start collecting again.

11. maryxmelody

maryxmelody Hannah Skye~

Anyone play Magic? : Yes! I certainly do!
    What kind of deck to you run? : Hmmm.. What do you mean?
    Whats your favourite format? : What do you mean?
    And issues you have with your local magic scene?: Hmm... Not that I can think of xD
    Also Cockatrice! Do you use it?: Hmm.. Sometimes

12. shapeless0ne

shapeless0ne a multi fursona coyote

yus 030

green/black combo :3 (evil laughter)

hmmmmm........standard, mostly because legacy is sooooo expensive.

none really

I could, but don't......i mean this guy is way better for that sort of thingy (especially if your running it with green.........wolfir silverheart) gatherer.wizards.com: Phyrexian Obliterator (New Phyrexia) - Gatherer - Magic: The Gathering

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  13. shapeless0ne

shapeless0ne a multi fursona coyote

or better yet....... Hell's Caretaker + Butcher of Malakir ^ -^

14. Saiko

Saiko GTWT Survivor

Yeah, I used to play a bit in high school, right around Scars of Mirrodin; but I stopped after that semester when I figured out how expensive it was to stay competitive. I also don't like having to metagame. It tends to take all the fun out of it for me. Then there's the amount of time my local community invests into playing. It comes across as an obsession more than a hobby and doesn't look healthy.