Main website search changed?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Xetshi, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Xetshi

Xetshi New Member

Yesterday or the day before, I noticed the search function changed. Came to the forums to see if maybe there was some kind of update, but I've not seen anything regarding this so far. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but I find it less convenient when it's added another step to searching for art. Anyone know if it can be changed somehow to the old style?

2. Kit H. Ruppell

Kit H. Ruppell Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

It confused me for a moment, but it's no big deal.

3. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

What kind of change had you noticed?

4. kidchameleon

kidchameleon Active Member

Yeah, they've definitely changed something.
    My ISP keep directing me to their sign in page whenever I try to use my old bookmark for the main site - they've never done that with any site before.

5. Xetshi

Xetshi New Member

It's now to the right of all the other options now, and you can't search by date/popularity/etc without going the extra step. While not a huge annoyance, it would be nice to have it be an optional change, especially when I keep clicking submit now since it's been like that since as long as I can remember.

6. IgnatiousFA

IgnatiousFA New Member

I find this a huge step backwards. It defaults to 'relevant' but I never use that when searching. How is 'relevant' even relevant? For me the whole point of searching is to see what's new, not what some algorithm thinks I want to see that's out of date already. Now I have to go through extra steps to do the same thing. It's a real turn off. This search field would be useful if you could default it to what you want.

7. Xetshi

Xetshi New Member

I think what he means is that the new search doesn't let you sort by date until after you start your search, adding one or more steps. If the new search allowed us to sort before searching, it wouldn't be so irritating imo.

8. Xetshi

Xetshi New Member

So, is it literally just 2 or 3 people who have noticed this and/or care about the inefficiency of it? Kinda odd to see so little on something alot of people use...

9. Amiir

Amiir Deez nutz. Hah. Got 'eem

Yeah I don't like it either, wish we could revert to the old version since this one only adds an extra step in the searching process

10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Noticed that too, but it's literally one less click to access it so I fail to see how it's less convenient.

11. Nubfox

Nubfox New Member

I also tend to search by date. Most other sites search by date by default (sofurry, inkbunny) Not saying that doing it differently is wrong outright, but it is a slight inconvenience for me to have to change it every time. The new change has made that worse, not better.

Amiir likes this.