Max's Guide on how NOT to be a Conformist Loser

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maximor_Bloodpanda, May 6, 2017.

?

Do you like Pingas?

1. YES!

2. Pingas is no good.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Maximor_Bloodpanda

Maximor_Bloodpanda The True Anti-Conformist

So you're telling me that trying to not be an asshole is anti-social behavior? I don't care about flash games, you want to talk about it then go make your own thread.

In this thread I'm speaking my mind, not listening to opinions. For someone who calls me narrow-minded, you sure are quite biased against individualists, maybe if you dropped that you could understand concepts like "Do what you want, not what others want!".
    Not reading that (Post a direct link if you want me to). I think I'll go read some terribly written gay fanfics instead.
    What? It's true!
    Hey dumb bat, at least I have a home.

2. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

You mean your parents have one, and you're just living in it, am I right?

3. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

I should mention that I'm feeling a bit guilty about bashing you since the thread has a nice enough topic of being confident and independent, it's just that I think some of the advice you wrote isn't that great.

-

I was more so suggesting that to say offensive things whenever you want without reading the situation is pretty anti-social. Moreover, blindly saying anything without thought isn't a good idea since it can surely have repercussions and be self-destructive in some circumstances.

As for that last paragraph, I'm not biased against individualism at all. If anything, it's actually in my favour for people to be expressive in order to make some of my things become more socially acceptable so that I may be more open about myself. Anyways, I'm getting confused as to what definition of individualism you are using here. If this is just about being expressive, confident and achieving happiness, then my only point of contention is some of your advice given. On the other hand, if you're using this word to suggest that everyone other than you is just some silly idiot following the establishments - a buzzword - rules in order to be robotic and unhappy, as suggested by your first post, then I'm going to call you pretentious. I don't know, maybe I'm just being too skeptical, but I'm going to assume the latter rather than the former. Perhaps it's a mixture of the two though.

4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

But I'm not Dutch, doe.

5. CHZ

CHZ Guest

Good shit! ^_^

6. Puffinca

Puffinca New Member

God forbid I enjoy something that others happen to enjoy as well. I can't be conformist!

7. If I would of known there was an ocean of salt on the forums I would of brought my beach towel and sunscreen... In all seriousness though, you need to chill out.

8. Maximor_Bloodpanda

At least my parents care about me enough to let me stay until I finish college. Won't be long before that happens, so I'm happily and thankfully making the most of it.

9. Maximor_Bloodpanda

Oh wow, you're being apologetic now? You don't have to feel sorry for anything, you don't owe me anything. I understood what you were saying.

Well, silly me! Saying things without thinking on the internet (Despite putting my mind and soul into this), I should've remembered that teh internet is serious business! Maybe I should just go and prance around with unwarranted self importance or be a holier than thou white knight just like everyone else! After all, like reality, you can't have fun on the internet, so sue me!

This is about how not to be a conformist, not how to be me! And if I wanted to be pretentious, I would've made a forum about "How Great I am," complete with selfies, my life's problems, politics, dick pics, and other egotistic shit!
    Or so you say, that sounds like something a dutchman would say....
    Ohhhhhhh please! Get over yourself! Just cause people like something that you do, doesn't mean you have to stop liking it. Although if you participate in something that everyone is doing that you are not really enjoying, then pull out and stop being a conformist loser!
    Hey, gotta have some salt to achieve balance alongside that sweet bullshit of a circlejerk that makes me sick!

And I can't chill, I don't want to! Even if I did, it's really hot out here right now and summer is on its way.

10. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

But you know, that is the thing - a student living on parents' income and screaming about being all non-conformist and independent is like an alcoholic rallying against unresponsible drinking. It's easy to be like, "SCREW EVRYBODY, SYSTEM SUCKS, IMMA INDEPENDENEMENT!" when you actually have no real responsibilities and obligations, and your actions don't bare many consequences in grand scheme of things, but when you actually have to do a lot of things to stay afloat and think about your actions to not screw yourself up, this way of thinking falls apart rather quickly. What you're doing here even has a term in Russian psychology school, "youthful maximalism" - when you're mature enough to create agendas, but still young enough to understand the way world actually works, which results in thinking of everything as either "good" or "bad" without any in-between and building life around that. I think you'll pass that phase eventually, when you actually get to live on your own.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  11. Rykhoteth

Rykhoteth I AM A HUGE JIAN PLEASE BREAK MY LEGS

Stay on their goodside as long as possible, prioritize local jobs for your degree if possible, and milk the shit out of that before you move out. Having no loan payments and some savings before you move to wherever is a god damn lifesaver judging by some disasters I followed on facebook.

12. Maximor_Bloodpanda

This thread isn't about being able to financially support yourself, I never mentioned anything about that in the thread. Since you have such a problem with my choice, it's safe to assume that you either didn't get the chance for a head start on life or you passed it up and left, only to fail and regret your decision.

I don't like the system anyway, and I'll take whatever advantage I can to avoid getting nailed by it.
    That's the plan ;)

13. Amiir

Amiir Deez nutz. Hah. Got 'eem

Pingas is obviously the best thing ever, right next to a$$

14. Tezzy Fur

Tezzy Fur Active Member

I think somebody needs a cuddle *pounces and gives maximor a bit husky hug*. We need a picture of an adorable puppy, stat!!!

IMG_1109.GIF

15. Amiir

Ok now that's fucking adorable

Tezzy Fur likes this.
  16. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

This thread took an interesting turn.

17. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

I wasn't talking about financial support in particular - more about an ability to stand on your own feet and feed yourself. You can become a hermit and live somewhere in the woods, hunting for your own food and sewing your own clothes, that's fine by me too. I have such "problem" with your choice because you're trying to teach other people how not to be "those conformist losers" while living off support and expences of your parents, which is exact thing any conformist loser would do in your situation. Not like there's anything wrong with that at your age (everybody has to start somewhere), but as long as you're not staying on your own feet, you're really not in position to complain about conformism. Speaking shortly, you can't be an "independent non-conformist" and "parasite" at the same time. Make any choice you want, just don't pretend to be anything more than you are, you really make yourself look like a person who doesn't know what he's talking about.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  18. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

But I don't have any Klompens, everyone knows you need Klompens to be Dutch.

19. Amiir

Don't forget having your house full of tulips and eating only and exclusively gouda kaas

20. Mandragoras

Mandragoras Inept Abecedarian

21. Maximor_Bloodpanda

Glad to see another cool person who appreciates it!
    I'm not quite the cuddly type, I'm usually ready to reach for my knife when people get too close.....

Buuuuuuuuuuuut how could I say no to a puppy like that? That thing is so cute, I could just cry.

Simo likes this.
  22. Maximor_Bloodpanda

....Are you saying that it wasn't interesting to begin with? :(
    Well excuuuuuuuuuuussssee me! Since you're such an expert on the matter, why don't you share your own experiences on this topic? Share your "wisdom" with us younglings who are trying to learn how to live independently.

This thread isn't even about surviving on your own, it's about breaking away from the stuck up culture and developing your own personality, something you don't have.

And what do you think you are, trying to pass your own "advice"? You sure don't live up to what you said about pretending to be anything more than you are. Go back to playing with your sock-puppet accounts.
    Oh god, that abomination that they consider to be shoes....

23. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

This thread took an interesting turn. I didn't say it wasn't interesting already. :D

Double the interesting = ???

Simo and Maximor_Bloodpanda like this.
  24. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

But that's, again, the thing - your advices have nothing to do with developing personality either. People develop personality by educating themselves, experiencing things and reacting to them, exploring the world around them, learning and analyzing their actions, as well as actions of other human beings, and in the end result, making conclusions about the world and experiencing changes according to said conclusions. Your advices aren't about any of those things - they're more or less about "How to be a rude, uncooperative cunt". They're the "Hollywood" version of non-conformism - the way a spoiled teenager thinks individuality works. They're about "not being somebody for the sake of not being somebody", but definitely not about "being yourself". That's also why I put a huge emphasis on "standing on your own" - before making bold conclusions about personality and individuality, at least get out of your comfort zone.

Your sock-puppeting accusations are also a bit weird - I'm completely open about switching accounts, and I didn't use my original account since I created this one (because I didn't like username too much). In general, I'm very careful about my Internet privacy, so your accusations about me "pretending to be somebody" are rather weird too - if anything, I prefer to not show my life-related info on the Internet at all, so you can say I'm pretending to be nobody .з.

Lcs likes this.
  25. stimpy

stimpy you're not using Windows XP?

Maximor_Bloodpanda likes this.