Metal

Discussion in 'Music and Audio' started by Lyxen, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Selly

Selly Strange Creature

What about Nokturnal Mortum? Someone i used to know described them as a cult band but... Eh

I don't really get all this shit, honestly.

2. Riley (TGS)

Riley (TGS) A Beak With Eyes Who Draws.

I'm a big 'stoner metal' fan and usually look for bands along the same vein as Black Sabbath. Some of my favorites include Sleep, Earth, and Electric Wizard.

Before his passing, one of my closest friends and I were lucky enough to be close enough acquaintances of Dave Brockie, AKA Oderus of GWAR that we were on a first-name basis (Dave actually used a gift piece I drew for him as his Facebook profile photo for a long time and when I first saw it, I must admit that I almost peed myself.) We'd attend every possible show we could and were blessed to attend a bunch of their crazy after-show gatherings. Musically, GWAR were more or less a novelty to my ears but I feel genuinely sad for anyone who wasn't able to attend a show while Dave was still alive. Their stage presence was incredible and just nothing but pure fun. I think most furry fans especially (even if they're not metal or punk fans) could definitely appreciate the amount of time and creativity that Dave and the Slave Pit put into their amazing costumes and characters. Like how some people get 'post-con depression,' my friend and I would get 'post-GWAR depression' hardcore. We were very blessed.

3. Nidsol

Nidsol New Member

IN THE DISTANT FUTURE OF THE YEAR 1992
    WAR HAS RETURNED TO THE GALAXY

4. Mandragoras

Mandragoras Inept Abecedarian

Psssh. Basic. Cobalt and zinc are the only half-decent ones in the Big Five. Transuranic actinides are the future, man. At least you didn't say silicon like a bitch. DEATH TO FALSE METAL.

5. Multoran

Multoran Active Member

Silver is my fave.
    It may have actually saved me from an ear infection recently.

6. modfox

modfox The poltergheist that haunts the forum

amen

7. Karatine

Karatine Call me kittteeeehhhh

Best song :eek:

8. Mandragoras

All pretty dope choices, no pun intended. How do you feel about Om and Earthless?

Riley (TGS) likes this.
  9. Wolveon

Wolveon I swear I will not kill anyone

10. Riley (TGS)

Both most excellent. You're speaking my language <3

11. Mandragoras

Good. :3

I'm more of a funeral doom person nowadays but stoner doom was really my entrée into the genre and I really enjoy that hypnotic minimalist aspect—sort of a continuation of what I found compelling in slow, heavy non-metal bands like Swans and Skullflower, but with significantly more chill.

Riley (TGS) likes this.
  12. Winter

Winter Not really here

Plutonium is the choice for death metal fans.

13. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Mein Gott

Sounds too much death, too little music to me.

Do they have a song/album named "Nuclear Reactor"?

14. Mandragoras

Caesium is the only trve death metal. Trve chemists understand.

Riley (TGS) likes this.
  15. Winter

Winter Not really here

I thought Caesium was killed by Brutium.

16. Galzar

Galzar New Member

Has anyone here listened to the singles released by Mastodon recently? I like 'em so far, but I feel like Show Yourself is a bit too close to qotsa. It's not really a problem, but if I want that kind of sound I listen to qotsa instead.

17. Wolveon

I thought they were pretty good, don't remember being too fond of the second one though. Looking forward to the album's release.

18. Riley (TGS)

I got that vibe a bit, as well. When it comes to Mastodon, I personally think Blood Mountain is their best work.

Wolveon likes this.
  19. Wolveon

20. Dick Arden

Dick Arden New Member