Most favorite Lets Players?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Impulse-8, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Impulse-8

Impulse-8 That one guy.

I'd say my favorites on YouTube include:

1. My first LPer, ScottishDuck17
    (On "Resident Evil Code: Veronica")
    2. Slowbeef
    (On just about anything, particularly "Dead to Rights")
    3. Blattymeow
    (On his excellent "Hitman: Codename 47" LP)

With the honorable mentions being:
    ~AuzzieGamer (All of his "Hitman" LPs)
    ~Veriax ("Deus Ex")
    ~Kikoskia ("Daikatana")
    ~DerangedBand ("Resident Evil")
    ~Wolf Bonne ("Tail Concerto")
    ~Batman9502 ("Megaman Legends 2")
    ~Supergreatfriend ("Shadows of the Damned")

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  2. Reyna Malone

Reyna Malone Like "Molly Malone"

I'm a pretty big fan of Markiplier and Jacksepticeye.

3. Impulse-8

Impulse-8 That one guy.

From Markiplier, I've only ever seen his LP on the first Five Nights at Freddie's, back when it was the only one and when I only knew about it from scant rumors in random comment sections.

I thought he was kinda entertaining, even tolerated his yelling moments as the game did have a large number of sudden jumpscares.

Never saw anything from Jacksepticeye, though.

4. Karatine

Karatine Call me kittteeeehhhh

Jesse Cox, he can make anything funny. Plus, the TB and Jesse Cox play Terraria series was one of the rare times I'd watch a long dragged out LP series, just because they were such a good duo.

5. -Praydeth-

-Praydeth- The Trickster coyote.

Tear of grace MMMMMMMMMMMMM! he's great!

Karatine likes this.
  6. AustinB

AustinB Active Member

Achievement Hunter
    Old Game Grumps
    Vinesauce Vinny
    CowChop

And a few others. That's mainly it. I don't like Let's Players that much, since most of their content is the same old boring commentary and let's play over and over again.

7. Impulse-8

Impulse-8 That one guy.

I can't say I suffer from the same repetition as the games I see per LP and the Let's Players I listen to are usually fairly different from each other.
    I don't always see LPs from the same LPer unless by random chance or if I find them genuinely entertaining every time. Helps decrease the monotony, helps expose me to new players, new folks, new games, new franchises, new information, etc.

The one I'm seeing right now is on a game called "Vanquish" by Scribe, and throughout a good chunk of the game, the guy's so enthralled by the gameplay, mechanics, style, and visuals of the game that he makes it no secret that he considers it the "undisputed king of third-person shooters".
    In the earlier episodes, he sounded like he wanted to squeal in joy each time he tried explaining the game.

I simply never got this type of attitude from the other LPs I've seen.

AustinB likes this.
  8. Bidoyinn

Bidoyinn Member

I love watching GameGrumps bc of Dan and Arin's compatibility, haha. Markiplier is alright too, and sometimes I watch TBFP.

I also like TheRadBrad (though he's not a fav) because he's not the best at any game he plays. He's actually really frustrating when he plays but it's a nice change of pace from all the people that are somehow incredibly good at what they do.

9. nerdbat

nerdbat Green butt of reason

I expected some kind of cringeworthy stuff, but it's actually a quite admirable little list, especially notion of Slowbeef here. I would also want to mention his long-time partner Diabetus, as well as their co-op "Retsupurae" letsplays (the now-"legendary" Darkseed one for example). His puns on Mario Galaxy 2 still crack me up to this day :D

10. Impulse-8

Impulse-8 That one guy.

I first learned about Retsupurae (And, consequently, DSP) from one of their older videos that they put on private, but someone else thankfully had a backup of.

Around 2011, maybe?
    Since then (Or up to 2016), I've been watching a number of their videos. Usually great stuff.