Need help for a friend!

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Crimson_Mutant, Nov 14, 2017 at 2:24 PM.

1. Crimson_Mutant

Crimson_Mutant New Member

My friend was ripped of almost a grand worth of art by a user on FA who has a high following and has ripped off many others and never deos thier art. I want to post an artist beware and get some advice on how to handle this situation civilly with out a bunch of drama. And help my friend get back his money. I won't be giving out names publically just yet till all the info is gathered.

2. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

Your friend should file a trouble ticket on the main site describing everything that took place.

Yakamaru likes this.
  3. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

I am going to be the moron, and ask: "How did they manage to get one GRAND ripped off by the same artist?"

Pipistrele and Crimcyan like this.
  4. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

PayPal dispute.

Too easy.

Yakamaru likes this.
  5. Dragoneer

Dragoneer Administrator Staff Member

In situations like this, I always, ALWAYS suggest people give the artist two weeks. Contact them, and state "This will be my final attempt to contact you. It's been X number of days/months/years/decades since I first commissioned you and I still have not received my product. I'd like a refund, or I'm escalating this issue further."

This gives them an ultimatum. It says I want to work with you, but I'm tired of waiting. Here's the deadline. Once the deadline is up, file a ticket, get all your evidence, notes, communications, Paypal receipts and let us know. File a Paypal dispute. And, if you need to post elsewhere (e.g. Artist's Beware) do that. But I tend to find that a deadline + a request for a refund goes a long way. Don't give them an out of "I promise I'll have the art done..." No, just ask for a refund, then take that money and give it to an artist who's going to work with you.

Open_Mind, Simo, Crimcyan and 2 others like this.
  6. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

We're furries, dude, it would be weird to spend less than a grand on some kind of scam.

7. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

"I am a Nigerian Prince. I need help to transfer $10,000,000 US Dollars, but I need your credit card details".

8. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

I think my question is: Why isn't the victim looking for answers?

But still, just drop the PayPal dispute and get it over with if it's been a concerning amount of time, and it's getting close to Paypal's time limit to dispute. Don't give them time to wiggle around.

9. Dragoneer

Dragoneer Administrator Staff Member

If the artist is really popular/well known they may feel intimidated or like they don't have a solution. So they're frustrated, venting, but may not be sure the best way to go about it. Sometimes artists flake out, too. It's not intentional, but they derp like the rest of us.

Hence why I always suggest the two weeks rule. It gives them plenty of time to respond, to get a gameplan, and to work with people rather than dropping it in their lap. It gives people a chance to make it right.

Yakamaru and -..Legacy..- like this.