New Layout Issue

Discussion in 'Main Site & Forum Support' started by FlameSoulis, Nov 28, 2016.

1. FlameSoulis

FlameSoulis New Member

To be frank, this new layout for submissions is just sloppy as heck and looks like a jigsaw puzzle gone wrong. Not to mention the fact I cannot see artist names or titles unless I go through each image and manually highlight over it. So if an artist is having an auction or commission opportunity, which a good majority do, this basically makes it worthless unless you post by journal.

However, as much as I dislike the layout, there is a very simple solution: just make an invert option. By this, I mean you show the information that would normally show if you hovered your mouse over the thumbnail, but when the mouse is over the thumbnail, it hides the information so the user can see the thumbnail unobstructed.

2. Rainbowdragon

Rainbowdragon Hungry dragon

There's a 'toggle description' button. Click that to get your titles back. (for some reason descriptions are off by default you need to turn them back on again...)

FlameSoulis likes this.
  3. FlameSoulis

FlameSoulis New Member

...I just read this in the update. Seriously, that should have been made as a bigger notification. At least it carries over once you enable it.

4. Shireton

Shireton Member

Trying to browse through new images makes my eyes feel like they're going crossed because of the different thumbnail sizes. It's really quite uncomfortable.

5. Negatiiv

Negatiiv New Member

So, is there any way to get back the grid of equal size thumbnails?

6. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

You can download this Fixes Control Panel i made a while back, it add's a panel to the user settings page on the site, allowing you to toggle some fixes on/off (it fixes the thumbnails to the same size at 150 x 150) It may not work on profiles as the staff keep changing the html of the page, but I try to keep it as up to date as possible.

It does require a userscript manager (tampermonkey/greasemonkey) which you can download at the link below.

Code is public if you want to look through it.

greasyfork.org: FA Fixes Control Panel

(original thread I posted about it, so you can see what it looks like: forums.furaffinity.net: Fixing FA's Bugs

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  7. Negatiiv

Negatiiv New Member

Thanks, but it's not compatible with my browser (Opera 12.14). I could try some user CSS because it works without any scripting, but it's too complicated for me.

8. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

You sure?
    Tampermonkey works on opera, and my script should work on there.

But this is also and option

Grab Stylish for Opera >> Stylish for Opera

Download the stylesheet for FA >> here

That should sort it out for you.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017