Sketchbook: Nose-Bird's WIP Sketchbook

Discussion in 'Art & Illustration' started by Riley (TGS), Mar 19, 2017.

1. Belatucadros

Belatucadros Totally customized title

Your sketches are so well done! Expect commissions from me in the future... ;)

2. Riley (TGS)

Riley (TGS) A Beak With Eyes Who Draws.

You flatter me, I swear! I'd love to work for you. On another note, I hope to get to your request eventually ;;;;;;

3. Riley (TGS)

Something a little different from what I've been posting; this is a WIP of a gift-badge for my very good friend Amy (another amazing artist, she's badkittyamy on FA if you want to check her out; you won't regret it!)

My main background is in traditional tattooing; I apprenticed under a wonderful artist who got his traning from a student of Permanent Mark; I decided that I wanted to do a series of badges for friends featuring their characters recreating a lot of popular designs; heads on daggers, simplified faces surrounded by roses, Sailor Jerry-esque pinups, etc. Amy's character Nova is the first. I love rottweilers and fu-dogs so it seemed only natural to choose her as a guinea pig.

As usual, I'm nowhere near close to done. I've started so many things lately that I don't even know what to finish at the moment...or whether I just want to do something new. 9__6

NOVA.jpg

4. Riley (TGS)

Making headway on the mini-portrait for my friend Billy.

BillyWIP.jpg

5. Riley (TGS)

Been on an art-kick today, but still haven't been able to finish a single thing since I got my Wacom.

A doodle I started for Falcon McCooper, because his character is a total babe...and I usually don't say that about anthros.

Falcon_WIP.jpg

6. Riley (TGS)

A doodle brought on by boredom; this is Douggy Dupre, my Cajun rooster (golden laced wynadotte to be exact.) He's a former streetfighter turned cook who lives on a houseboat.

douggy.jpg

7. Riley (TGS)

Just dumping some progress on the Blondie/Tupper McGill thing I'm working on. Almost done with inks, need a bit more small detail and then I have to add the speech bubbles. I have a lot of fun with small scenes like this.

LoveMeLawyer_WIP.jpg

8. Riley (TGS)

A mockup of the chibi fox I need to tweak and flat colors on the gift for Billy.

littlefox.jpg billy_flatcolor.jpg