Official Fursuit Help Thread (For those looking to make or looking to buy)

Discussion in 'Fursuiting and Costuming' started by Clockwise, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Eon_Vanmer

Eon_Vanmer New Member

Hey,

can someone point me in the right direction for making articulated hands (That move as mine do) preferably more of a human style (looking for more of a slenderman style outfit than a fursuit -- just figured here would be the best place to ask!)

2. RiverDragon

RiverDragon New Member

Im not sure about articulated, but i can tell you how to make regular paws? The way i did mine was by getting a sheet of light cardboard, place your hand and arm on it and draw around it giving at least an inch of space between your actual arm/hand, make sure to spread out your fingers as much as possible! Cut out the shape from the cardboard and place it on your fur. Draw with chalk around the cut-out, then flip the cut out over and draw around it again next to the first side. This is so that you will have a top and bottom half of your paw. Do this again, left and right. Cut the fur along the lines you drew and figure out which hand is which. When you've done that, you can move onto sewing the fur together. Remember!! Keep the side you want facing out when you're done, inside while you sew. Doing this hides the stitches when you are done, all you have to do is pull the finished work inside out and you wont have to worry about stitches showing. Helpful hint: When at the fingers, add more stitches, you dont realize how much you move your fingers until the stitches start to give.

I only know the basics of making paws, so if anyone else knows more, please add!

In the meantime, can someone answer my question??? I've just made my wings and have no idea how to attach them, and what to attach them to? They are stuffed and made of fur, and i have a partial suit, i'd rather not have to resort to straps...

3. Kael

Kael New Member

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has tried a material called "Model Magic" on a fursuit? It can be found at most Hobby Lobby's and dries to a light foam texture (though im not sure that is what it is made of). I've looked everywhere I can think of and haven't read any pro's or con's about using it. It's nontoxic and can be sanded and painted easily. I want to know if anyone who has used or heard of it would recomend using or not using it for some of the more detailed parts of a fursuit since it can be molded like clay.

4. luseylottay

luseylottay New Member

Hello! I'm just going to drop in and leave a question.
    I'm looking for a tutorial for wings, not articulated, but just hanging wings like on a moth or something. Does anybody know what sort of material I should use for moth wings or if I should or shouldn't use wires or a foam base?
    Thanks in advance <3

5. Fox_720B

Fox_720B Has left FAF, at least for now

6. Baron Kriege

Baron Kriege New Member

How would one install a detachable monocle onto there fursuit head? I thought it best to place magnets above the brow and below the eye of the fursuit head. I want it to be detachable of course.

7. Keeroh

Keeroh Shinies Snatcher

I beleive you have already figured out the best way. I'd put strong magnets under the fur of the eyebrow(s), and make sure the monocle you plan to use is made of a magnetic metal. Then, voila. <: If it's a head that has already been furred, then hot glue some magnets inside the head along the rim of your eye.

8. CrystalOokamiWolf

CrystalOokamiWolf Just call me Pup~

I was gonna make a new Forum Post. But saw this post instead. Idk if I can ask here or not. But figured I give it a shot anyways before making a forum post.

Do you or anyone know of anybody that is open and taking commissions for hand paws? I need a new pair. 5 Fingered. Just white Paws with purple pads. No Claws. $30 is my range. Though I can go up $5 more if need to be.

The pair I have now or so badly off white to my armsleeves and the fur is alot longer XP Not only that abit singed when my sister handed me a sparkler not giving me a chance to take off my gloves. :/ I've been searching for a few months now with no luck.

Any help is much appreciated!

9. Drago2009

Drago2009 Flash Hound

I'm looking to have a fur suit made for my Fursona Flash Hound (shown on avatar), but I don't want to spend more than $2,000. Anyone have an idea on who'll be the right fur suit maker to commission? I want the fur suit to be digitigrade so it would make a good impression on my friends. I might get a partial if the arm sleeves can cover my arms. As for a DTD, that's considerable but I'll provide measurements first.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  10. dragowolfie

dragowolfie New Member

Fenrirschild's link seems to be broken, possible that the domain expired. Just a heads up!

11. Drago2009

Drago2009 Flash Hound

Many links noted are either broken or expired.

12. Kovi_Wolf

Kovi_Wolf New Member

Im looking for a cheap head and tail maker. PM me on FA if you are interested.

13. Dreamworkfur

Dreamworkfur New Member

this is kind of an awkward question, but does anyone know of makers or just anyone in general who will JUST fur for me? i have a head but for some reason i am no good at the furring process. :/ please help!

14. Drago2009

Drago2009 Flash Hound

There's a whole list of fur suit makers on the top of the thread.

15. _Jasper_Fennec

_Jasper_Fennec New Member

I got a partial fursuit for sale or trade if anyone interested

16. Mixfur

Mixfur Member

Hey guys, I'm trying to dye some white faux fur ( the long pile from distinctive fabrics I believe) a neon green. I tried using some paint on acrylic paint from ye ole walmart with a red colour, but it became very stiff. Any ideas?

17. FluffyTurtle

FluffyTurtle New Member

Helloo!

I have a question.

So, I have a bunny fursona and we're planning to make a suit. But we can't start until we have dimensions and measurements for her head. We're going to make a balaclava and such. So like.. what shape should the jaw, cheeks, etc be? Inch measurements? Stuff like that.