Ohio fur stuff

Discussion in 'Conventions and Meets' started by Mixfur, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Mixfur

Mixfur Member

Right so are there any furmeets/groups/cons in the Cleveland area? Everything I could find is in Cincinnati and Dayton which is too far to go on a regular basis. Also are there any young furs (like age 14?) in the northeast ohio region? I can't seem to find any around here and I wanna go to cons in a group. Thanks

2. RatCoffee

RatCoffee Full-bodied dark roast rodent

3. Mixfur

Mixfur Member

They both seem pretty inactive D: oh well thanks though!

4. Phoenix-Kat

Phoenix-Kat Guest

I'm in Ohio too, but most people here either don't know what a "furry" is or think it's some sort of sexual thing.

5. Mixfur

Mixfur Member

Yeah it's hard to say hey I'm a furry without a ton of stupid looks xD

6. henry_flowers

henry_flowers New Member

AC seems like it's the closest big con (Pittsburgh) but I'm probably going to MWFF in chi later this year too :>

7. KrimzenFougar

KrimzenFougar Purple Eyed Vixen

We have Morphicon in Columbus! And although they aren't furry cons, I've met some furs at ColossalCon (Sandusky), and I've heard that they show up at Ohayocon (Columbus) as well!

I'm personally in Cuyahoga Falls with my mate, but I don't know any younger folks, most of us are in our 20's and up.

8. Vahni

Vahni New Member

I think there's a Fur con called Furlaxation here in Columbus...

9. KyraCat

KyraCat Kyra

Yeah. I reside in the Kent, Ohio area. I know a bunch of other furries here, but not on the younger side.

10. Anarcho-Loser

Anarcho-Loser YIFF BLOC

I believe Furlaxation ended in 2014, due in no small part to the revelation in 2012 and again in 2013 that the chairman of the con, Lightpaws was a convicted sex offender with offences against minors.

Morphicon is another furry con that happens in CBus. Sadly, I havent been there. Might try though, sometime.

Most Furries in Ohio seem to be in the CBus area. Personally, I'm in Cleveland.

11. LazerMaster5

LazerMaster5 Lost in the Static

Something tells me there are few furries in the Cleveland area. If anything, Cleveland has a larger heavy metal community. Anthrocon in Pittsburgh is the closest as conventions get, and that is a two hour drive.

Cerberus326 likes this.
  12. obletop

obletop New Member

Furry here in the Youngstown area.

13. Strangeguy32000

Strangeguy32000 Dack Remus Applewold

Shoutout from C-bus (well, Westerville)

14. ALilShark

ALilShark Member

15. Kurrundo the light fox

Kurrundo the light fox Ascended Kitsune

Cincinnati furry standing at the ready. Kind of wish there was a meetup here or even a con.

16. Cyco-Dude

Cyco-Dude Active Member

lol what are you talking about, there's a convention coming to cincy this october! fur reality

17. Kurrundo the light fox

Kurrundo the light fox Ascended Kitsune

That's awesome! I'm sorry I'm very new to the community so I'm just trying to learn things as I go. But thank you for telling me.

18. Cyco-Dude

Cyco-Dude Active Member

you can still pre-register. also, there are monthly meet-ups in cincy; details here: ohio furs