Account Problem: Old username

Discussion in 'Main Site & Forum Support' started by Tamaskas, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Tamaskas

Tamaskas New Member

Hi there i posted up a ticket on my main FA account on the 25th february about an old account username what not been used for 8 years and i would like it could someone get back to me to talk about it thanks :)

2. VolcharaVlad

VolcharaVlad New Member

[Цитата="Tamaskas, должность: 5672820, член: 87755"]Здравствуйте, я разместила авиабилет на моей основной ФА счета 25-го февраля из-за старой учетной записи имя пользователя, что не использовалось в течение 8 лет и я хотел бы его мог кто-нибудь вернуться ко мне, чтобы поговорить об этом спасибо :)[/Цитата]
    Я, к сожалению, не могу ничем помочь, поскольку я сам тут недавно и сам вообще ничего не знаю )))

3. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

Tickets can take some time to be responded to, though you've only been waiting 48 hours which in fairness isn't too long. if you haven't heard anything in a month then you could chase it up.

4. jayhusky

Hmm, well it seems fair that they cannot release the account because it still contains a submission, although I do agree that users who registers accounts, upload content and then abandon them for the sake of squatting the account are annoying

5. Tamaskas

Tamaskas New Member

but the iusse is even the upload is 8 years old and his not used the account that long is there no rule on how long they have an account for before it becomes removed

6. jayhusky

True the submission may be over 8 years old, but the user may attempt to regain the account to access the submission, you never know.

There used to be a post with information regarding the official line on abandoned accounts,but i cannot find it at the moment, so it might be wise for a staff member to come in here and give the official stance on this so there is a record for the future.

EDIT
    Found a post from Yak over 8 years ago, on this subject.

I should point out the term "deletion" is erroneous as FA doesn't currently have the system in place for account deletions, other content such as submissions, journals etc can be deleted however.

7. Tamaskas

Tamaskas New Member

yeah like to know the rule on accounts before they removed ect ;) tbh i seens lots of website ect use the rule if after so long ect they send a email or note to the account if they don't get back to them within the amount of days your accoutn will be Removed

8. jayhusky

I edited my above post to reflect some information I found.

9. Tamaskas

Tamaskas New Member

oh dam lol you would think they would make that update by now seen so meny fake accounts pop up :S

10. jayhusky

Without rolling the conversation off-topic, FA lacks the ability to delete accounts (similar to that of renaming accounts too) due to the way the site was originally coded, the database relies on matching usernames for things instead of it matching a userID. However recently a mention for username changes was made, meaning they may be possible in the near future.

11. Tamaskas

Tamaskas New Member

heh yeah thanks jay here's hopeing an update with the codeing for this in the near future then :D closed my ticket becasue of all this talk got what i needed hehe ;)

12. jayhusky

The way I understood it, you could possibly expect it later this year. But I would not say for certain.