Oldest Computers You Own

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by GigaBit, Oct 18, 2017.

1. GigaBit

GigaBit A hyperactive computer lovin' nerd.

This thread is pretty self-explanatory.
    Just post a picture and description(If you want) of the oldest computer(s) you own.

I'm up first.

My oldest:
    IBM Aptiva 350 from 1994

Specs:
    I don't know much about this computer. When I got it it was striped down bare. Leaving only the Floppy/Disk Drives, motherboard, and the PSU.
    Supposedly it came with a 66MHz 486DX 2 and 4mb of RAM, back in the day. Neither of those were in the system when I got it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My fully functional Oldest:
    Some custom built that I found in a basement of an old building that my friend owns.
    From sometime during 1997/1998/1999

Specs:
    I added the 3.5in. USB 2.0 drive bay as well as changed out the motherboard and the graphics card when I got it.
    Pentium II Deschutes
    128mb RAM
    ATI Rage 128 Pro
    Sound Blaster CT4810
    20gb HDD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These last 2 PCs were in a spot where It would be a pain to get them out from so I only have one picture for each.

Gateway Essential 433c from 1998/1999
    [​IMG]

Emachines ETower 466id from 1998/1999
    [​IMG]

I know my stuff ins't that old compared to other collections, but hey, they're cool to have.

Can't wait to see what you guys have!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  2. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

It's in Ohio, but somewhere I have a tower that runs Geoworks as the original OS and had (maybe) a couple hundred KB hard drive. It had some Tetris knock off game built into the system, and it had a couple DOS games installed on it.

Terribly pathetic system lol. I'm not even sure it works anymore.

GigaBit likes this.
  3. stimpy

stimpy you're not using Windows XP?

My oldest is an IBM PC XT, sadly it has no HDD but I do have all the software for it including IBM-PC dos 2.1 (I think) and some database software
    [​IMG]

My second oldest is some un-named thing which I have dubbed "The Unamed Biege". It has an AMD sempron, 256mb of ram a, 70gb HDD and is running Windows NT 4.0 Workstation

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Telnac

Telnac Fundamentalist Heretic

I still have the computer I learned how to code on - Apple IIe. My father got it for us on Christmas, 1983. Best Christmas gift ever!

Yes, I'm old. Sue me! :D

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    GigaBit likes this.
  5. Scorpen

Scorpen Literal S.O.B

Oldest computer I own. An original Macintosh 128k. I even have the second external disk drive and the matching Image Writer printer for it and it all still works. I even have the box but as the pic shows it's definitely seen better days. Haven't use it in forever. If I can find a place to set it up I'll get pics of everything all hooked up and running.
    1018170207.jpg

The oldest computer I own and still use is my old workhorse PowerBook G3. Saved my paper route money and bought this baby used when I was in 8th grade (2005) and I though it was the greatest thing out there. I had the dual batteries, the DVD drive, Zip drive, and Floppy drive modules for it also. It survived me carrying it to and from high school pretty much every day and was in regular daily use until 2013 when I finally semi retired it when I bought my current HP. It's the 400Mhz model that's been upgraded to 1GB RAM, had a larger HD installed (60GB) and an Airport card added also. In my opinion it was the greatest laptop Apple has ever produced and nothing they make now offers the expandability and longevity of this beast.
    1018170209b.jpg

GigaBit likes this.
  6. real time strategist

real time strategist "What's an airport, again?"

Although I don't own any old computers, my grandpa still legitimately uses his old commodore 64.

GigaBit likes this.
  7. certified_pleb

certified_pleb Network Associate

I've thrown out most of my old computers in an effort to save space. The oldest one I own is an old Sony VAIO running Windows Vista that I was given permission to take from my previous IT job. I thought it was worth fixing up. It was not.

The oldest one that I actually use is just over a year old. I built it myself, cost me about $800.

GigaBit likes this.
  8. Telnac

Telnac Fundamentalist Heretic

I liked building my own PC. It's something everyone should do at least once.

GigaBit likes this.
  9. Mabus

Mabus Well-Known Woofer

IBM 92

It could only load one CD computer game and it was a Red October-like submarine simulator made by Tom Clancy.

XD

Sarachaga and GigaBit like this.
  10. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

i win
    [​IMG]

the SX-64 is actually considered one of the first laptops

Telnac and GigaBit like this.
  11. Huh, I have a regular commodore 64 somewhere. In a box in the basement. Also an apple IIc. If I wasn't so lazy I might play with turtle graphics or something. The oldest computer I actually regularly USE however is a windows 98 version 1 one.

GigaBit likes this.