Open Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MEDS, Jul 4, 2016.

1. WolfyJake

WolfyJake Professional Cuddlefluff

I must have called a thousand times

LupusFamilia and katalistik like this.
  2. Martin2W

Martin2W Tombstone The Huggable Sergal

shark-headed friend says hi. Indeed sergals love pizza and yiff.
    Joking :D

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  3. katalistik

katalistik People used tap, it's not very effective.

Yiff?but...why?

4. Sogreth

Sogreth Local Cuddle Bear and Wannabe Writer

I didn't notice this little gem until now.

I don't see the problem, really. From what I've heard, if you post too much in a short time your account gets a temporary lock placed on it, that stops you from posting for a short time. I don't think he has hit that wall yet, so everything seems fine. Also, it seems the mods don't mind, or they would have stepped in by now.

And what's worse, the poor sergal is backtracking his own posts to reply to people that post AFTER his posts. IMO that makes things even more difficult to read.

And not to be rude, but if you plan on shoving the rule book down people's throats, perhaps you should read it first? Under the section labelled as Spam (because that was your issue, right?), it reads:

"Do not post unsolicited advertisements outside of your own threads or encourage activities which would promote spamming"

He hasn't broken any rules. And considering this whole thread is Open Chat, where basically anything goes, I hardly considering making two posts in a row is "spam".

If the notifications bother you that much, you can easily turn them off for this thread. Or you could put him on ignore (not sure why anyone would ignore the sergal though, he seems pretty cool).

Simo likes this.
  5. Martin2W

Well yes according to him this is what I supposed to do lmao. God damn, I hate my life. #makesergalsgreatagain

6. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

It is not hard to gather the ones you're going to reply to in one comment.

I am not shoving any rule book down anyone's throat. Just giving him a suggestion on what to do, as he seems to have made a secondary account because he have been hit at least one reply restriction already.

This shit have been happening several times already before you joined the forum.

It's up to him if he wants to continue getting reply restrictions.

Basic netiquette don't have to be followed, it's up to him. But don't complain to me if or when people will report his posts.

7. Sogreth

Please -_-

The Terms and Rules had nothing to do with how he was posting, why even bring it up in the first place?

Speaking of which, all of this could have been avoided if you had just sent him a PM, you would have gotten the same results and you wouldn't need to call him out in the middle of a public forum.

Edit: I would also like to think that the report option would be used for something a little more useful, rather than clogging everything up with reports about double posts, when this whole thread was supposed to be a substitute for a chat box, like some other forums have.

Martin2W likes this.
  8. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Read: Basic netiquette. It's not hard to multi quote to avoid clutter, even if this thread is meant for conversation. You don't have to make a new comment for each and every reply. I am giving open warnings so everyone can read them. They are not directed towards anyone in particular.

I've given warnings before. People didn't listen. Reply restrictions were applied. They continued without listening, then whined about reply restriction and ended up with people reporting them for it. On at least two seperate occasions I have given friendly warnings about how the forum work in terms of commenting. Don't blame me for how the forum and its code operates.

Not interested in seeing this cycle yet again. But going by how things are looking you're not going to listen anyway.

Have a good day.

9. Rystren

Rystren Call me FLUuFFFFEH

Man, this week just dragged on.

10. Martin2W

But why, sweetie? It didnt for me.

11. Sogreth

Tell me about it! Had a really busy week too. And I still have to work on Monday too D: no long weekend for me. But it was enjoyable. Least I wasn't bored to death all week.

12. WolfyJake

So how is everyone doing? Besides being busy and bored all week...

13. Rystren

Rystren Call me FLUuFFFFEH

I don't really know. Just felt long.

14. Martin2W

Pretty good. U?

15. WolfyJake

Meh.

16. Sogreth

Aww. Does Jakey need a hug? :3