Open Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MEDS, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Cybrid

Cybrid ...

Would have been even stranger if that song from Final Destination 3 came on xD

2. ShyDragoness

ShyDragoness Member

Toddlers kill a good few thousand people per year, compared to sharks killing 0-10

3. Rystren

Rystren Call me FLUuFFFFEH

*faceplants*

4. MsRavage

MsRavage Hello!

ugh i feel sick X(

5. Martin2W

Martin2W Tombstone The Huggable Sergal

Nooo. Why?

6. Martin2W

Martin2W Tombstone The Huggable Sergal

*face plants*

7. MsRavage

MsRavage Hello!

i get a nasty feeling when i deal with emotional issues...this situation was relationship and sometimes relationships are difficult

8. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

I will probably google that instead of inevitably ask you to provide a source

9. ShyDragoness

ShyDragoness Member

good idea

10. Sooooooo recently I was given a Hp 2014 laptop touchscreen that has a few issues and I wanna ask if its worth repair It has 4gb of ram and a old cpu 1.70 GHz

11. The problems are the battery needs replaced and i need a charger and the screen is having issues when i move the screen

12. WolfNightV4X1

...in other words that was a passive aggressive gripe about how you should provide a source if you make claims :v

Luckily, I'm pretty apathetic to a debate about sharks and masochist toddlers so I'm not gotta be all up in ya bizness about that

13. Royn

Royn Otterest Sergal evah!

Just beware the deadly machoist toddler laser shark. They can actually come out of the water and stumble after you. Their aim is awful though...

14. ShyDragoness

ShyDragoness Member

Yeah mine was also a dig lmao, and Im not even starting the argument again so I'd rather just not, but thanks

15. ShyDragoness

ShyDragoness Member

WolfNightV4X1 likes this.
  16. WolfNightV4X1

So according to that graph, armed toddlers kill 21 people, which as opposed to your original statement which is exaggerated in comparison, is not 1,000s of people

According to the shark article, it does not say how many people sharks kill a year, merely the amount of attacks. Which doesnt give a set or comparable amount, assuming we're talking about the total number of deaths caused by toddlers in the US only

toddshooting-graph.png
    According to this, in 2015 in the US, toddlers kill (when referring to other people) 2 people. Incidents of injury to others are 10

Edit: The previous article was worldwide, oops

www.usatoday.com: Yes, the number of shark attacks is above average

23 attacks with one fatal incident

I'm not trying to be devil's advocate about sharks being evil killers or being nitpicky and wanting to start an argument, just saying, you cant make a claim to defend something if it isn't true. It's still true but the numbers were guessed/exaggerrated

If he IS trying to make a claim about sharks killing more people than toddlers, well no shit, of course using something innocuously harmless to compare to sharks will likely portray them in bad light, and as it turns out the low number of toddler attacks still outweigh shark attacks, albeit barely.

So overall, if you want to defend something, showing people the facts is more effective than stating it.

TL;DR Im reeeeaaally sorry for arguing that subject more since you exhausted the three day one with the other guy x3 No bitchiness intended I hope that came across

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  17. ShyDragoness

ShyDragoness Member

TBH I just grabbed random links LMAO and yea I over exaggerated LOL

WolfNightV4X1 likes this.
  18. WolfNightV4X1

Eh, I dont blame you, sharks are cool as h*ck. I was getting my nerd on with statistics and research facts :p

Anyways, sherk

[​IMG]

That's literally all the proof you need

ShyDragoness likes this.
  19. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

home early cause knee exploded

20. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Yup, ain't nothing like browsing FA then suddenly OMG WANG IN PLUSHY! D:

Damn furries, gotta ruin everything! >:[

21. Rystren

Rystren Call me FLUuFFFFEH

22. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

That's what I thought too when I saw it. I was like what are you doing to that poor thing?!?! DD:

23. -Praydeth-

-Praydeth- The Trickster coyote.

Oh god...

Well does anyone have any means of making sure no one else will create such a plush again?