Pancakes Vs. Waffles

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Simo, May 23, 2017.

?

Pancakes, or Waffles?

1. Pancakes!

28.2%
  2. Waffles

26.9%
  3. Both

41.0%
  4. Both are horrid

3.8%
  1. redhusky

redhusky Active Member

COLORS!

2. WolfoxeCrevan

WolfoxeCrevan HELLO INTERNET

YES WAFFLEZ

3. noemma

noemma New Member

The pancake attracts me more than waffles. Adding some cream above is enough.

4. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

i never liked waffles they're not that popular here so the only thing we can get are the ones you put in the toaster and they come out all rubbery

5. Scorpen

Scorpen Literal S.O.B

I like both. Though crepes beat them both in my opinion.

annethecatdetective likes this.
  6. annethecatdetective

annethecatdetective Detecting cats...

I don't see why we can't all get along under the banner of BREAKFAST ANYTIME.

Sometimes I like pancakes, sometimes I like waffles... I'll let you guys in on a dark secret, if I had to pick a favorite, I might have to go with... *hushed whisper* french toast.

(I am counting crepes and dutch baby/German pancakes as pancakes and they are all good. AND I love potato pancakes! Depends on what you're in the mood for in my case. In fluffy American pancakes, I prefer sweet cream to buttermilk thanks to Black Bear Diner... I like the addition of chocolate chips, or berries. I prefer a fruity syrup to a maple syrup on pretty much everything. But with a crepe I like savory filling almost as much as sweet, I have had some amazing filled crepes. With waffles I like berries and whipped cream, but will make do with whatever syrup isn't like... that fake maple stuff. It's weird, I LOVE savory crepes but I can't IMAGINE savory American pancakes or savory waffles being good. Though I do think savory french toast could be really good. I just really love breakfast foods, you guys.)

7. depends on what were talking about, i love pancakes but my american friends are like HUUR THEYRE CREPES. and then they show me their pancakes inwhich id be like ew no I prefer waffles.
    But I prefer pancakes. Or crepes. The things that are all doughy and floppy and go well with chocolate and sugar and lemon sauce, yum <3

Im faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

8. Akartoshi

Akartoshi you have been booped by the web potater foxxo

Waffles can have so many flavours and uses though. Have yet to see a caramel/chocolate/banana pancake, pancake ice cream cones and crispy pancakes that you can tear off and crunch :3

9. Water Draco

Water Draco I shal breath my fire on SPAM

Make pancakes, butter and sprinkle brown sugar on them. Fold them in to quarters. Heat the pan an add a good dollop of butter and more brown sugar. Place the pancakes that have been folded in to quarters in the pan and saute in the butter sugar caramel then add some quantro and flambay. Surve hot.

10. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed by the lack of an option to choose crepes in the poll.

11. Simo

Simo Skunk

And I'm dissapointed by crepes! :v

Oddly they are wildly popular here but they make me feel like something went wrong...nice fluffy pancakes are best!

Lcs likes this.
  12. Saiko

Saiko GTWT Survivor

Some of us are loyal to waffles, and some of us have fallen to the horrors of pancakes. Most in ignorance simply think they're equal.

But despite our disagreements, we can all unite over the true evil of @Lcs and his breakfast-hating ways.

Simo and Lcs like this.
  13. SveltColt

SveltColt Well-Known Member

I'm sorry pancakes but

Waffles > Pancakes.

Would not mind eating both.

Akartoshi likes this.
  14. Dongding

Dongding The sheep

I like crisp waffles with just a touch of syrup. They don't betray you and turn into a soggy inedible mess when you turn your back on them for a minute like pancakes do.

Akartoshi likes this.
  15. Rimna

Rimna Far from the madding crowd

I voted pancakes cos I've never had a good waffle.

Akartoshi likes this.
  16. Akartoshi

When I was young, around three, my parents were making blin and I was watching. On the table they had a bottle of syrup. I picked it up, and had a taste. Liked it. So I had another taste, and another.

Next thing I knew I threw up everywhere.

Stayed away from pancakes since lmao

17. JamesOtters

JamesOtters A small, cute, but helpless otter.

About that...

Fluffy pancakes are the devil!
    I like my crunchy pancakes!
    You can roll them up with toppings in the inside!
    My families secret recipe!

18. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Pelmenis

19. Akartoshi

Чебурек

20. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Чебурек ест человек. Фурри и звери кушают пельмени

Yantiskra likes this.
  21. Simo

Simo Skunk

This sounds like a skin disease!

See a dermatologist at once.

22. JamesOtters

23. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

They're like mini-dumplings, usually served with mayo (welp, everything in Russia is served with mayo, lol). They're delicious, believe me .u.
    [​IMG]

24. JamesOtters

That does look delicious, not a big fan of mayo though.

25. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Ketchup will do too, and so is smetana