Pet names

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WolfNightV4X1, May 1, 2017.

?

What pet(s) do you have?

1. Dog(s)

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. Cat(s)

20 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. Reptile(s)

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Birb(s)

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  5. Exotic(s)

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Farm

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. Rodent(s)

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  8. Other

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Human(s)

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  10. None

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

Redoing a thread here cuz its fun!

I'm not talking about what you call your SO like honey boo or sweet titties or whatever,

I mean like what did you name your pets (or what name do they have) and why? If you want to mention previous pets youve had that is also fine.

...and pet pet names, too. I'm almost contantly using nicknames or terms of endearment for my animals.

With my dogs it was "puppy" or "big puppy"...or these days "pupper doggo" (because memes)

I have two cats named Aloe and Agave (I dont ever shut up about them, really). I call my cat lo-lo, lolo kitty, etc. My other cat I just call 'gave sometimes. I call them both baby cat or kitkit sometimes.

Then I just call Rio my lizard RiRi sometimes.

Yeah, Im kinda weird, I guess

2. My cat's names are Rags, Breezy, and Jazzy.
    I had other cats called Puffball, Kinky (due to a kinked tail), Stuart, Francesca, Daisy, Murphy, Smokey, and Emmy.

I've got a chinchilla called Qubert, and a hamster called Ruby.

Most of their names were given by someone else though, so I can't really say anything about where the names came from.

I think when/if I get a lizard it'll be the first pet I name by myself. Maybe something like Chief or something...

Trashsona likes this.
  3. real time strategist

real time strategist "What's an airport, again?"

I have two guinea pigs named Snickers and Twix, we nicknamed Twix "Dora" because when we pet her and put her under a blanket, she runs around on top of you, while Snickers just lays there and gets comfy.

4. TayMalerei

TayMalerei Weeb Trash

I have a cat named Katie. Dad named her after Kate Moss cuz we found her abandoned and starving in the wild.

Other cat's name is Merlin, not sure why mom named him that.

We also have a German Shepherd named Fritz, we adopted him from a family that couldn't take care of him anymore so he came with his (very German) name :)

Frostbyte The Shark likes this.
  5. Trashsona

Trashsona Well-Known Member

I have an Alaskan malamute named Hazel, due to her fur color and a bearded dragon named Princess, because she always sticks her head up in a regal fashion :p. I never would have imagined owning a lizard prior to working at Petsmart, but it turns out they are one of the chillest pets ever. I'll put her on my shoulder while I'm on the computer and she is totally content with just hanging out for an hour or so, then she gets bored and starts crawling around the desk.

Hazel2.jpg Pincess2.JPG

6. WolfNightV4X1

I take my beardie out with me whenever I go outside on short trips like the pet store or to take out the trash :) Beardies are best velcro buddies.

I might share pics if I get the chance, yours are hella cute!

Trashsona likes this.
  7. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

I am one of those terrible people who pretty much consider my animals my children.

I've had a ton of animals that ended up with five bazillion nicknames:
    Albert - horse - (not originally named by me) - Palbert, gubben, lurv, occassionally referred to as "my bear dog" in the winter because he got stupidly shaggy and would follow me like a dog.
    Safir - ragdoll cat - named for her beautiful blue eyes; her pedigree name was Blue Lady after a mixed drink - Saffy, dockan, probably a million more things I no longer remember
    Belladonna - ragdoll cat - named after the flower; her pedigree name was Bubona after the Roman goddess - Bella, Bellan, diva cat, Playboybruden, centerfold cat, hjärtat, gumman, tjejen
    Clementia - ragdoll cat - pedigree name, after the Roman goddess (littermate of Bella's) - Clemmy, skirt cat, skatan, busunge, hjärtat, tjejen, gumman, Piplisa, Gnällfia, fröken
    Tigris - muttcat - literally his name is a mash-up of two nicknames because we hadn't named him and needed to name him when he went in for his kitten shots - tigern, bäbis, killen, gubben, skitunge, brat cat, the tiger

I'll also collectively call for my cats as "kattera"; before Bella passed away I'd call for her and Clemmy as "tjejer(na)". I honestly call Tigris "tigern" more than I actually use his name. Diva cat and skirt cat were nicknames originally coined by my housemate's girlfriend, because Bella was super aloof and Clemmy would scoot under her long skirts to hang out.

All animals get dumb nicknames. It's the law! ;)

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  8. Our Pyrenees' name is Falcor... we also call him Polar Bear or mashed potato face. Our GSD mix, Commander, we also affectionately call boo, booboo, bean, bon bon, beanie baby, fox face, floofer, etc.

We also have seven cats. The three adults are Cheetoh (cheet cheet, big man, ch-ch-ch-chia, cheeeeettooohh jenkiiiiinnnnnsss), Josephine (jojo, juub, joobie, josephinnnaaaa, big mama), and Odette (odeet, soot sprite, eyes in the dark, chubby bubby). The four kittens we rescued we usually just call 'the boys' or 'fancy feet', but their names are actually Akela, Mogwai, Cookie and Moose.

I've got 4 Ball Pythons; Kingpin, Jersey, Voodoo and Strider but I call them everything from the poop squad to wet noodles.
    My Boa Constrictor Imperator's name is Duchess. I call her 'head boobs' and 'bitey mcbiterson'.
    Two white's tree frogs named Swamp and Bog, and I call them boogers.
    Two leopard geckos; Freckles and Inkblot, often dubbed 'hissy fit' and 'big squish'.
    My three tarantulas; BabaYaga, Gloomweaver and Narcissus, are the 'fuzzballs' and 'sharp cats', and my scorpion Alary I like to call 'miss priss' and 'diva'.

WolfNightV4X1 likes this.
  9. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

I named my two cats Sergeant Solan and Applejack.

Sergeant Solan because it's a funass name, and Applejack because totes MLP-geeking at the time.

Both are dead now, unfortunately.

10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Phew! For a second there, I thought you were referring to some kinky furry RP scenario where you're given a pet name. Glad you cleared that up.

As for the name of my actual pet, he is who must not be named!

11. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

When i was younger i had a cat named Kinky. When he was a kitten his tail was slammed in a door so his tail was permanently kinked. His tongue also stuck out all the time because his front teeth fell out so Sylvester became his nickname.

12. AlleycatIrony

AlleycatIrony dubstep macarena

i have a cat named archie and a betta called sammy!

sammy's currently ill though, not sure what's wrong w/ him
    i'm p sure the ammonia levels in the tank might be too high... no way to check tho, ammonia and nitrate kits are damn expensive
    just gotta do a tank clean and hope for the best :c

my family is also getting a chihuahua puppy on the weekend, p sure my mum's decided on the name roger

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lcs, Trashsona and WolfNightV4X1 like this.
  13. WolfNightV4X1

Well I mean, human was a poll option for those weird kinky fur people

...and you're a butt, tell us your animal name play the game :v

14. EdgarKingmaker

EdgarKingmaker Zombie Bat Lord

I named my cat Mist, after the Valkyrie of the Clouds.

Her strength and determination as a kitten, surviving one of the worst blizzards my state has seen in order to be rescued from certain death... showed that she needed a strong name.

Also, she's grey and white, so it won't confuse people I don't feel like explaining the whole reason to.

real time strategist likes this.
  15. ZacAttackk

ZacAttackk professional procrastinator

Cats: Lily, Maddy
    Dog: Amos, Alfie
    Hens: Obi Hen Kenobi, Edna, Wiggy, Bluebell, Rasputia, Tiggy (she laid blue eggs), Shiela, Jack, Mrs Doyle, Wonky, Little Peak

16. AlleycatIrony

AlleycatIrony dubstep macarena

SO WE GOT THE PUPPY

[​IMG]

17. rocketseal

rocketseal Member

I know a family that names their dogs after liquors! So there's Whiskey, Cognac, Gin, etc. It's surprisingly cute!

I'm partial to animals named after foods! I helped name a fatto shiba Mochi, and I think it's hilarious someone named their dog Potato.

My pet peeve is animals named after very popular TV characters...

18. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

Pets that have passed on:
    Boo (a. shorthair cat)
    Shadow (cat)
    Kasey (mainecoon cat)
    Everest (a. shorthair cat)
    Leo (leopard pleco fish)

Pets that I currently have:
    April (Australian cattle dog)
    Emily (mountain kir dog)
    Tattoo (some sort of siamese mix cat)
    Deja (Grey tabby cat)

19. Mr. Fox

Yeah I totally just read the thread title. I'm lazy. :D
    My animal is he who must not be named. Sometimes I like to joke about how his face got slammed into the fridge one to many times, and as a result caused his face to become flat and disfigured.

20. Ginza

Ginza Unironically Ironic

I think I have way too many animals lol

I have three hamsters
    Spider
    Mick
    Cotton

Four gerbils
    Gerard
    Jerome
    Gypsy
    Jack

Three geckos
    Xander
    Milo
    Rythian

A cat
    Jackson

Two dogs
    Butters
    Skipper

Rabbits
    Presto
    Tucker

Yep... way too many

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  21. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

My cat's name is Timosha, but I'm so used to just calling him "cat" (like, "Hey, cat, where are you?" or "Get over here, you cat!") that his name for me is basically just Cat now :D

22. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

The cats I've grown up with:
    - Porsche (Deceased) (female, Holstein pattern; had seen both sides of the Atlantic)
    - Cheetah (Deceased) (female, 20lb tortie that could jump onto loft beds, with a penchant for sleeping on my chest and drooling on my neck)
    - Shadow (Deceased) (female, black, easily the noisiest cat my family has had)
    - Guinness (Deceased) (male, black, earned the nickname "pub cat")
    - Slinky (Deceased) (female, black, Guinness' sister, only liked being held a certain way; otherwise like holding onto a soup sandwich)
    - Gizmo (Deceased) (female, tortie, Guinness' sister, named after the mogwai because of her ears)
    - Murphy (male, black, Guinness' spiritual successor)
    - Makeda (female, black, Murphy's sister)

23. Mr. Fox

What is it with cat owners and a short life? Do ya'll live in the inner city or something?

24. Ramjet556

Ramjet556 Well-Known Member

Here's Tweek the cat..
    South Park inspired the name:D

[​IMG]

WolfNightV4X1 likes this.
  25. Vyyan

Vyyan When thunder rolls, thunder butter- old proverb

Dogs: Todd, Joe, and Patrick
    Cats: Pete, Noni, Allie, Liberty, Jack
    Rabbits: Andy, Josh, Buttercup, Pepper
    And a leopard gecko named Claire.
    As for how they got their names, Claire was named by a previous owner, Noni, Allie, Buttercup, and Jack don't belong to me, and Pete, Patrick, Joe, and Andy were named after members of the band Fall Out Boy. Pete and andy are girls btw. Josh was named after Josh dun from Twenty One Pilots. I named Todd after Tod the fox from the fox and the hound.
    I call all the cats "mow mow" or "mew mew" sometimes. And i call Pete peteypie or peterpan all the time.