Login/Password Problems: Problems Logging Into FA

Discussion in 'Main Site and Forum Support' started by Dragoneer, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Well-Known Member

Please use the accounts address as mentioned in the post above yours and on the most recent mainsite newspost.

I've corrected OP for future reference.

2. Quilmeleon

Quilmeleon Member

I have used it. Sent 12 hours ago. Some mentioned getting replies in 8 hours or less

3. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Well-Known Member

Responses are sent out in the order the emails are received. I can't give you a prediction as to how long you can expect to wait; we've received literally thousands of requests and each one has to be manually verified as coming from the account holder.

4. DannSkunk

DannSkunk Nightblade

Hey, I'm having trouble resetting my password and I can't get a hold of anyone through the email you provided (admin@furaffinity.net) because it says that that address doesn't exist.

My problem is that I can't access my old email address because I haven't logged into it in so long, and AOL has pretty awful security features. Can someone help me out?

5. DemonNyuu

DemonNyuu New Member

You need to use the accounts@furaffinity.net email address the admin one doesn't work anymore

6. Mircea

Mircea Member

I managed to access the email address I registered my FA account with. But apparently, Hotmail refuses to receive email from Furaffinity, for reasons which are unexplainable! I whitelisted the address and added it to my contacts, and still nothing! I sent an email to accounts@furaffinity.net from Gmail, but there's been no reply for over 12 hours. I'm hoping at least staff on this forum can take a look at what is happening.

forums.furaffinity.net: Login/Password Problems: - Password reset email not working

7. TungstenTheWolf

TungstenTheWolf New Member

I'm having problems with my email, I did recently update my email from o_immanuel@yahoo.com to tungsten101@live.com but when I tried to reset my password it told me that I had the wrong email. I entered the old one and it sent a code to @YAHOO which is a long dead account. I'm wondering if there's anything anyone can do to help me.

8. Gem-Wolf

Gem-Wolf da golden wuff

You can revive old email accounts, have you tried clicking "forgot password" and seeing what email address it will send the reset to?

9. Indagare

Indagare New Member

I did and got the same issue. It won't send it out randomly.

10. DemonNyuu

DemonNyuu New Member

11. Gem-Wolf

Gem-Wolf da golden wuff

Usually though, when you first create a yahoo account you need to have the verification sent to a main email account. Eg when I made my yahoo, I had to provide my Hotmail account for verification. Now whenever I forget my password, it sends me a reset password link to my Hotmail account

12. TungstenTheWolf

TungstenTheWolf New Member

I've tried that but I still cant get that email back.

13. Indagare

Indagare New Member

I tried both my hotmail and yahoo accounts as well. It doesn't recognize any of them and the page I go to for "forgot password" still asks for an email.

14. Gem-Wolf

Gem-Wolf da golden wuff

So you're telling me that when you made your yahoo account, you didn't provide an alt account for password resets?

15. Indagare

Indagare New Member

Oh I did, but that hardly matters if it won't recognize the yahoo account to start with.

16. Indagare

Indagare New Member

17. Mircea

Mircea Member

Thank you, that is helpful to know! I already sent them an email, but it's been over 16 hours with no response. I understand the staff is most likely busy and will get to me eventually, but at the same time I can't help worrying that Gmail or Yahoo! Mail might decide to do the same bull that Hotmail is doing (refusing to receive email from FA for no thinkable reason).

18. DemonNyuu

DemonNyuu New Member

I totally understand. I believe a staff member posted saying that they've gotten thousands of emails they have to go through. All we can do is be patience and hope for a reply.
    I think a way to fix the bug with Hotmail is to clean your cookies and cashe.

19. Mircea

Mircea Member

I will continue to wait for now. I also accessed Hotmail from a new web browser with fresh settings, as well as Thunderbird via IMAP... the email is never there, so it clearly never reaches.

20. sylentwulfie

sylentwulfie New Member

Same like everyone else, I cannot log in, I'm not receiving the new code, I've waited more than 24 hours, and I've emailed the admins.
    In addition, I tried clearing my browser's cookies and even went so far as to using a different browser. Nothing.

Please help!

FA account name is sylentwulfie.

21. Granite

Granite New Member

I made a mistake a while back. I changed emails, and I accidentally change my email to my name, I was going to change it but couldn't, due to FA being in read-only the past few days. Now I can't get a password reset done. Any help would be great thanks.

22. NiGHTS4life

NiGHTS4life New Member

The site still won't recognize my email address. I haven't gotten any response from the staff.

23. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

I am going to temporarily lock this sticky, to ensure reports are directed towards a correct solution, rather than be left languishing.

The announcement journal on the main site ( [UPDATED] Passwords Have Been Reset -- Fender's Journal -- Fur Affinity [dot] net ) gives you the direction needed to correct this issue. Please follow its instructions.

Staff are working very hard on getting accounts restored, and we're sorry this unintended side effect resulted from the reset. But we had to be sure that account integrity was preserved, and staff have been ready and waiting to begin responding to any account requests that occurred as a result. When you send in your request for service for the account(s) you need access to it will be logged, and it will be placed in a queue for staff to act on. Response time may vary, but it will be addressed as quickly as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.