Login/Password Problems: Problems Logging Into FA

Discussion in 'Main Site & Forum Support' started by Dragoneer, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DemonNyuu

DemonNyuu New Member

try the accounts@furaffinity.net email address
    I have they exact same problem your having :<

2. Cocobanana

Cocobanana Active Member

I recently changed my email for many sites but forgot to do so for my FA account which means I'm unable to do a password reset... should I just make a new account or can someone help me change the email? I apparently forgot my password too even though it was the same as my FAF which seems to be working fine.

Also, on an unrelated note, I just saw Summer Wars again and the FA attack reminded me of all the accounts being taken over in the movie :0

3. Mista Ree

Mista Ree New Member

4. FoxBrethren

FoxBrethren New Member

So I had a similar issue as several others here and tried to email admin@furaffinity.net

And I got it sent back with a message saying that the address doesn't exist

5. That_Dude79

That_Dude79 New Member

Any way of changing the email on my account? I work a field service job, and yahoo just locked my account for having a new location(staying in a hotel). The only option yahoo is giving me, is to verify my email with the email I'm trying to log into. And they're customer service is nonexistent. I changed my account email on the forums, but because of the password resets, I cant do anything on the main page.

Thank you for any assistance,
    -Mike

6. Mista Ree

Mista Ree New Member

Yeah same here

7. Nocran

Nocran New Member

I made an account on the forums cause of the same issues as everyone else here. I cannot reset my password on my account Nocran . I tried all the emails I have and two of them are lost in the times of sand, but they are not working either. I sent a mail to accounts[at]furaffinity.net in hopes to get things sorted out. I know hope is bleak and it might be some time as I suspect that they are getting flooded with people having trouble with this.

8. LadyLuckLindaina

LadyLuckLindaina Lusty Lemons

I cannot remember what email was used since it was quite a few years back...and chances are the email used might be deactivated due to inactivity anyway. Please help, my account is http://www.furaffinity.net/user/lemonapoptarts

9. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

If you are having issues resetting your password using the password recovery tool you can email us at accounts[at]furaffinity.net for assistance. When emailing PLEASE be sure to include your Fur Affinity username. Staff reply time may vary - please keep in mind that we've got a very large number of users requesting assistance right now.

10. Quilmeleon

Quilmeleon Member

Tried this email, gets returned immediately.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

admins@furaffinity.net

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain furaffinity.net byaspmx.l.google.com. [2607:f8b0:4001:c20::1b].

The error that the other server returned was:
    550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
    550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
    550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at

Trying to get back into my account. As is with everyone else, its not accepting my email address

11. quoting_mungo

Please use the accounts address as mentioned in the post above yours and on the most recent mainsite newspost.

I've corrected OP for future reference.

12. Quilmeleon

Quilmeleon Member

I have used it. Sent 12 hours ago. Some mentioned getting replies in 8 hours or less

13. quoting_mungo

Responses are sent out in the order the emails are received. I can't give you a prediction as to how long you can expect to wait; we've received literally thousands of requests and each one has to be manually verified as coming from the account holder.

14. DannSkunk

DannSkunk Nightblade

Hey, I'm having trouble resetting my password and I can't get a hold of anyone through the email you provided (admin@furaffinity.net) because it says that that address doesn't exist.

My problem is that I can't access my old email address because I haven't logged into it in so long, and AOL has pretty awful security features. Can someone help me out?

15. DemonNyuu

DemonNyuu New Member

You need to use the accounts@furaffinity.net email address the admin one doesn't work anymore

16. Mircea

Mircea Member

I managed to access the email address I registered my FA account with. But apparently, Hotmail refuses to receive email from Furaffinity, for reasons which are unexplainable! I whitelisted the address and added it to my contacts, and still nothing! I sent an email to accounts@furaffinity.net from Gmail, but there's been no reply for over 12 hours. I'm hoping at least staff on this forum can take a look at what is happening.

forums.furaffinity.net: Login/Password Problems: - Password reset email not working

17. TungstenTheWolf

TungstenTheWolf New Member

I'm having problems with my email, I did recently update my email from o_immanuel@yahoo.com to tungsten101@live.com but when I tried to reset my password it told me that I had the wrong email. I entered the old one and it sent a code to @YAHOO which is a long dead account. I'm wondering if there's anything anyone can do to help me.

18. Gem-Wolf

Gem-Wolf da golden wuff

You can revive old email accounts, have you tried clicking "forgot password" and seeing what email address it will send the reset to?

19. Indagare

Indagare New Member

I did and got the same issue. It won't send it out randomly.

20. DemonNyuu

DemonNyuu New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.