PSA: About "coming out" as a furry

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mentova, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Zaddict16

Zaddict16 Fur-tastic! :P

I agree that you think that being a furry isn't a sin, but the real answer is, why wouldn't He forbid this. We won't know what He has in store for us until, He deems it nessecery for us to know.

2. Zaddict16

As well as that. I'm pretty sure coz play isn't a sin. Lol

3. Zaddict16

@ScarClaw Thanks for following me by the way! :)

4. ScarClaw

ScarClaw Scar

THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY POINT. My video is gonna be similar, but a little different. A description of what it basically is I already posted above

Zaddict16 likes this.
  5. Kirkzer

Kirkzer Active Member

you can watch my video for tips because I told a lot of people about it so I done it the wrong way as well the right way but overall I think it's good to talk about something you're interested in so yes I did a different take on it

6. ScarClaw

ScarClaw Scar

Lol Ive been more over the top so not really XD,
    Your welcome! I became a furry on April 2nd, 2016 and have been one since. I was REALLY into Furrydom since the start, and I even got to go to my first con on May 28th, GLFC 2016 (I'm going again this year!). But to go to a con, I had to tell my parents. This is an example of what I mean when you can have a reason to tell them.

7. ScarClaw

ScarClaw Scar

Ill probably watch it and see if I can revise the script for my video with anything, thanks.

8. ScarClaw

ScarClaw Scar

Yw :D

9. Zaddict16

If you don't mind me asking, what was your parents reaction?

10. ScarClaw

ScarClaw Scar

My father (who I told, he told my mother) He was really chill about it, and understanding of the negative image surrounding it and why I would have been nervous to tell him. Actually I think I was so nervous I overdid it lol.

11. Zaddict16

Lol, yeah that must of been pretty stressful.
    I don't even think my parents know what a furry is. If so, good. I would like to keep it that way, at least for now.

12. Kirkzer

Kirkzer Active Member

Yes I heard others say the same thing, you expect a big deal but is not so that's why it's important not to make it out it is because if you act nervous you give them reason to suspect is something bad but if you say it happy if it comes up in conversation there reaction is not going to be bad. Must people never heard of the term "furry" you don't even need to mention furry.

Zaddict16 likes this.
  13. Zaddict16

By the way, I wanted to ask if any of you had fursuits? I don't, I mean the closest thing I have is my really soft bathrobe. Lol

14. Zaddict16

And yes, I know that doesn't count. Lol

15. Kirkzer

Kirkzer Active Member

Yes I do not see why it matters? you can watch my video if you want to here more of my opinion about the subject.

Zaddict16 likes this.
  16. ScarClaw

ScarClaw Scar

I plan on making a partial very soon! Well at least a head, I bought a tail last year at GLFC and my father is on board with starting a head before the con this year. Also I already have done cosplay before every time I larp (twice a week)

Zaddict16 likes this.
  17. Zaddict16

Ahhhh! Yes I see now. By the way, I think your fursuit looks awesome.

Kirkzer likes this.
  18. Zaddict16

I love the suits that people make, they are amazingly well crafted and just look incredible.
    I'm just not completely certain that I want to make a suit or at least partial of one. Especially since my parents don't know that I'm even into it, or probably what it even is. Lol
    And my friend is trying to get me out of it, or don't become one he said.
    Don't get me wrong, he's a really good friend, but he doesn't want me to do this. I'm still doing it anyway.
    And not to be offensive but he said that most furries are gay and lesbian, which both of which I am certainly not.
    I just want to be apart of something I enjoy, and at least it's not a gang or something like that.

19. ScarClaw

ScarClaw Scar

You can always wait til your an adult, hell if your making a full make sure your done growing so you don't out-grow it.

20. Kirkzer

Kirkzer Active Member

Hes probably looking out for you, outside of the fandom it has a bad reputation but if they see it in real life you can see it as it is just costuming/ interest in the same art style. I am heterosexual but in this fandom it does not matter because that's kind of what it about you can be your own unique character. not just the way you look but how your character acts. If you a good person this fandom will except you as who you are.

Hetnensilverfox likes this.