Question: is anthrocon kid-friendly?

Discussion in 'Furry Conventions' started by Snowfurry360, Sep 4, 2016.

1. KingTiger856

KingTiger856 óÓÒò Furry Pride óÓÒò

Some parts of the convention is for 18+ but I'm pretty sure you can attend

2. Snowfurry360

Snowfurry360 The out-of-this-world kinda gal

This is a pretty old thread..
    ANYHOW I looked it up and they give special badges to minors to signify that well, they are minors. It's so that the staff can not let them enter "adult" areas ( however thanks to the internet I know that side. I just happen to be one of the few smart people and keep it to myself or not at all)

Pipistrele likes this.
  3. Swizzle Valcar

Swizzle Valcar Just some fox coyote hybrid

I'd say that anthrocon is for children, as furries love to be around kids! Sure, you wouldn't take them to the after hours 18+ stuff, but would you take your kids to a stripper club on normal circumstances? I didn't think so. So yeah, I'd say anthrocon is kid friendly.

4. Raven-Foxx

Raven-Foxx Animal Artist

They should swap names with FurtherConfusion.

Troj likes this.
  5. Troj

Troj Well-Known Member

I've seen tons of families at AC. You just have to exercise the same level of judgment you would at not only any other con, but really, any other gathering of human beings.

But, aside from that, I would agree that AC is pure sensory bombardment at all times that you have to be ready for unless you're the most extroverted extrovert who ever extroverted.

6. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Stupid batto

Not explicitly adult (at least in general areas), but not exactly kid-friendly either - some nasty artists, risky fursuit designs, and a real and upleasant (if rare) chance to meet some child-molesting weirdo. Honestly, it's the last kind of convention I would let my kid walk to if I had one.

7. Ashwolves5

Ashwolves5 Miss Fluffy Bottom

8. GhasterRedPanda

GhasterRedPanda New Member

Yes, they are kid friendly
    Went to my first con when I was 15