Quick Question about Duct Tape Dummies

Discussion in 'Fursuiting & Costuming' started by Belatucadros, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Belatucadros

Belatucadros Incredibly Customized Title

How do you make a DTD if you have absolutely no one to help you?

2. Kellan Meig'h

Kellan Meig'h Kilted Coder

The short answer? You don't. You need at least one if not two or more to do a proper DTD. If you were able to do the tape part even semi-properly (which won't happen), I would question your ability to cut yourself out of the DTD by yourself.

Belatucadros and Sarachaga like this.
  3. racoondevil

racoondevil Minogue be my furname, hello!

Helpful tip, run a hollow tube through where you need to cut, so it's easier and hopefully less dangerous to cut it off. I used straws, but now know to go get some plastic tubes. This is my head, and you can still see where the straws were running down the middle. 20170217_051313.jpg

Belatucadros likes this.
  4. Kellan Meig'h

Kellan Meig'h Kilted Coder

I guess I should elaborate; you can probably do your head by yourself and maybe your feet. That is it! Past that, you're having to bend while trying to tape your torso, legs, arms. All of that bending will distort the cr@p! out of your DTD. Besides, how would you tape your back? Hmm?

Still the short answer is no, you can't do a proper DTD without several helpers. Sorry.

Belatucadros likes this.
  5. Keefur

Keefur aka Cutter Cat

That idea about the straws on the cut lines was pretty good. You also need to draw cut lines on where you are going to take the dummy off. Be SURE to put opposing arrows on these cut lines before you cut it apart to make sure that the lines meet up at the proper points when the builder gets the dummy.

No... you can't do this alone. Get some pizza and soda and invite a friend or two over to help you do this. If you're lucky, they will feed you while you are wrapped up like a mummy. lol

Belatucadros likes this.
  6. Belatucadros

Belatucadros Incredibly Customized Title

That's the problem... I have no friends to ask. And I'm not going to ask family.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  7. Piccolora

Piccolora Like No One Ever Was

You absolutely need another pair of hands to assist in making a DTD. If you aren't willing to ask family or have any friends to help you, you won't have a DTD anytime soon. Maybe there is another furry in your area who would help you?

Belatucadros likes this.
  8. Alex K

Alex K Guest

Just put duck tape on the dummy alone...?

9. Keefur

Keefur aka Cutter Cat

Maybe you could find you way to a meetup or some Furry event. You won't have any trouble getting help there. I don't know your situation, but maybe you could ask a co-worker or fellow student to help. If all else fails, maybe you could find a local fabric shop and ask them to give you a hand. It doesn't take all that long to do. Good luck. :)

Belatucadros likes this.