Qyestion about people watching you

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Mimi-Eevee, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Mimi-Eevee

Mimi-Eevee New Member

Hi there ^^
    I was curious if there's any possible way to make it so certian accounts aren't counted as watching you? I specifically mean account that have been banned or deactivated or moved. Was just curious because I have a feeling alot of my watchers are probably non active accounts and I'd just personal really like to know a more accurate number if possible. Not a huge deal but I was just curious ^^

2. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

I can see an argument for considering adjusting watcher count to subtract deceased/banned/permanently suspended accounts. That still wouldn't include inactive accounts, because there's not really a good way for the site (it's just a dumb computer, after all!) to determine what accounts are abandoned, versus what accounts, say, belong to a military member who has spent the last six months deployed without access to the site.

Yakamaru and jayhusky like this.
  3. Mimi-Eevee

Mimi-Eevee New Member

Well I know some people do leave for a long time and return and I don't really mean them but more people who publicly say they're swapping accounts or are leaving for good or something. I mean it'd be neat if we could just have a way to omit them ourselves or something cuz I know personally I wouldn't mind going through them (even if it's just one by one) but that's just me I guess ^^;
    But definatly think there should be a way to atleast omit the banned and suspended accounts. Would definatly be nifty~

4. Dragoneer

Dragoneer Administrator Staff Member

While we don't modify watches (as there is potential for banned people to appeal their bans) we do make it so permanently banned accounts don't receive notifications. As for people who are leaving permanently we have no way to verify if they are leaving or if they eventually decide to come back.