(Rant) Furry cringe compilations

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AustinB, Apr 13, 2017.

1. AustinB

AustinB Active Member

I never understood cringe compilations. For the most part, it's just people doing weird things that are completely harmless along with some other "cringy" stuff. Most cringe compilations aren't even that bad. Most people involved in cringe compilations aren't hurting anyone or doing anything illegal. Sure, it's weird and awkward, but who gives a shit? The comments on the cringe compilations are even worse than the videos, though. They're usually filled with a bunch of edgy 12 year old memelords who say things like "ewww le cringe xD imma drink sum blech" or whatever. That shit is cringier than the videos themselves honestly. But I never understood furry cringe compilations. Most of the videos aren't even that bad. Yet people in the comments insult and harass them for doing something they consider weird. It's stupid and even more pathetic than the people in said cringe compilations. I don't get the appeal to shit like that. If you're going to mindlessly hate on somebody because "omg the cringe!!! XDDD" you're probably 10 times worse than the people you're hating on. It's just stupid and pointless. You wanna know how to get rid of "cringe"? Stop talking about it. Bashing and making fun of somebody isn't going to do anything but make the situation worse. I bet most of the people that saw themselves in a cringe compilation hate themselves even more and they're probably struggling with some sort of mental disorder like depression just to begin with. I wouldn't doubt it if some of the people in the cringe compilations actually killed themselves because of what people said in the comments. It's honestly just sad. Instead of giving someone shit for doing something "cringy", help them and be their friends. Help them become less awkward and weird and they'll most likely get some self respect. Cringe compilations are just garbage.

2. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

Cringe compilations are often subjected to moderation due to actual claims from the actual people featured in the videos, if that says anything about how NOT funny they are.

3. AustinB

AustinB Active Member

True, but it's just stupid since most people insult the person in the cringe compilation instead of five actual criticism

4. SveltColt

SveltColt Well-Known Member

Meh

To me cringe compilations or any other compilation are stolen content.

I don't think any of this is fair use

Unless someone can explain to me that is fair use

5. lupi900

lupi900 Active Member

Youtube is a joke for stuff like this, a furry youtuber was attacked when her vids were on the front page. Also used to watch a channel that went on a 4+ video rant on how bronies are freaks for the dumbest reasons ever.

The community is just a toxic immature shithole.

AustinB likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Cringe is our thing. We cringe over each other and laugh at those that cringe over us. Harmless fun, really.

AustinB and Kipekee Reddington like this.
  7. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

i love all kinda of "cringe", especially on topics i relate with. Anyone who's already a part of the fandom already knows that the weirdos aren't indicative of the whole fandom and worrying about what others outside the fandom think is irrelevant. "Cringe" is a pretty relative term too. One persons' cringe is another persons' pleasure. Besides, if you can't laugh at yourself (by proxy), you've got no ground to laugh at others, i always say. Self-awareness is a beautiful thing.

AustinB, Hammy6917 and lupi900 like this.
  8. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

I find the sheer amount of cringe compilations, of any kind, much more cringeworthy than any of the content I've seen in them. Even the word 'cringe' is cringy in itself because of how overused it is.

AustinB and Simo like this.
  9. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

I don't mind them. It's nice to have a reminder not to do certain things in the public eye

AustinB and Nova Scarlett like this.
  10. Simo

Simo Skunk

I agree that most of them aren't even that cringey. It reminds me to do certain things in the public eye, to keep the reputation of furries weird and perverse.

AustinB, Kipekee Reddington and Lcs like this.
  11. Sergei Sóhomo

[​IMG]

AustinB, Randon and Lcs like this.
  12. Yakamaru

Yakamaru 100% faith-based dancing!

People are cringy.

Furries even more so. Don't need compilations to prove that shit.

AustinB and Nova Scarlett like this.
  13. Nova Scarlett

Nova Scarlett "If Music Be the food of love, Play on"!

To me, Cringe compilations of any fandom are toxic. (especially the ones that involve real people and or intellectual property, because then you involve legalities, but that's another discussion for another thread.) Just my $0.o2.

AustinB likes this.
  14. Sergei Sóhomo

Now what tender are we talking here?

15. Nova Scarlett

Nova Scarlett "If Music Be the food of love, Play on"!

Just when people use familiar brand names or famous celebrities w\o permission.

16. JumboWumbo

JumboWumbo Banned in two states.

Welcome to the internet my friend. Your feelings are irrelevant here. With the anonymity, people will do what they want to do and say what they want to say. If you do something stupid, expect to be ridiculed.

That is why you always think before uploading anything online. It will never truly go away.

17. Mr. Fox

I like the way you think, let's yiff.

18. Yakamaru

Yakamaru 100% faith-based dancing!

[​IMG]

Wait, so you're telling me YOU'RE the reason Furries have such a bad rep? Bad Simo, bad!

19. nerdbat

nerdbat Green butt of reason

I tend to enjoy cringe compilations quite a lot - it's genuinely fun to see various extremes of the fandom, especially your own, and in a way, it makes me appreciate its good parts even more.

AustinB and Kipekee Reddington like this.
  20. Zaedrin

Zaedrin Active Member

I avoid cringe compilations like the plague. They always attract the worst people, they burn themselves into my brain and just leave me feeling awful and toxic.

AustinB and Troj like this.
  21. Andromedahl

Andromedahl Unlicensed UFO Pilot

I like cringe compilations. Dunno why.

Simo likes this.
  22. Simo

Simo Skunk

Yep, it was me all along, I confess. And my evil work has only just begun! Ha!

Yakamaru likes this.
  23. Mr. Fox

You know, I've watched that "All The Single Furries" cringe multiple times and I haven't gotten bored of it yet.

The most beautiful trainwrecks are the hardest to look away from.

AustinB, Randon and Simo like this.
  24. Andromedahl

Andromedahl Unlicensed UFO Pilot

YES yes they are

The Cringe to stand the test of time.

25. Mr. Fox

It brings a tear to your eye.

[​IMG]

Yakamaru and Andromedahl like this.