READ BEFORE YOU POST: Guidelines to Introduction Threads

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions' started by dinosaurdammit, Jun 7, 2011.

1. dinosaurdammit

dinosaurdammit White Devil

Sup?

So many of you new people do not know what goes into an intro thread. Here is a list of things that are not necessary but can save a lot of headache and confusion.

What is not necessary but recommended:

A thread title. It is in your best interest to not post a title like "*meow meow scratch face* HI". Oh God have mercy on your soul. A simple hello or hi is fine. Be creative but don't put a target on yourself.

A bit about yourself. This is the intro threads after all, tell us a bit about yourself. Remember this is the internet so please don't list any personal information. Advertising yourself. Don't do it.

Some of your likes and dislikes.

What you chose as a fursona if you chose one at all- fursonas have nothing to do with the forums. We are people sitting at computers- not animals. To avoid flaming please refrain from saying you are a "lynx", "deer", "wolf", ect. This is not true- you are human.

Spell check- use it and often.
    Grammar is also a given- the better your post are written the better users can read and respond back. This also gets people from raging on you for bad posting.

Why you decided to join the forums. Did you happen upon it on the internet or did you just see it on the main site and decide to hop over.

Please refrain from:

Posting pictures of yourself. Pictures of yourself can be posted here http://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/100398-Mugshots-the-I-don-t-know-edition

Posting pictures of your fursona can be placed here
    http://forums.furaffinity.net/forums/61-Fursona-Personas

We do NOT RP here. You will be looked down upon for this so best to not bring it up.

Don't rage at the other posters. They've been here longer (most cases) and they're seen more than you ever will. Most of them know already what will get you flamed and what will get you respected. So don't b'aww if someone says something "mean" and start calling everyone a troll.

Using the term "troll" toward anyone that does not agree with you will get you targeted.

An introduction is not the place to tell everyone your damn fetishes >:[

Remember- intros are for fun, don't let fellow users get you down. This is not a hug box though and some can be very critical. Take their advice with a grain of salt as they have been here longer than you. If someone is being overly rude press the triangle button with the exclamation mark in it and file a report. Or message me directly.Please do not try to get into a pissing war or stir up drama. If something is wrong in your thread I or a fellow mod will handle it for you.

ANNNNND finally please read the following:
    http://forums.furaffinity.net/threa...YOU-DON-T-HAVE-TO-quot-COME-OUT-quot-AS-FURRY!
    http://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/93819-HK-s-noob-guide-to-Den-posting.
    Points of interest:
    http://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/59652-Some-sort-of-AIM-MSN-YIM-ICQ-Skype-thread
    http://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/46-Furnet.org-IRC-Chat

I made it easy for you newbies. :3

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
    BoxOrphan and BooftheFox like this.
  2. Monster.

Monster. The future Mrs. Schmuck

Re: Guidelines to Introduction Threads

Can we offer more advice? I got two:

Don't rage at the other posters. They've been here longer (most cases) and they're seen more than you ever will. Most of them know already what will get you flamed and what will get you respected. So don't b'aww if someone says something "mean" and start calling everyone a troll.

Using the term "troll" toward anyone that does not agree with you will get you targeted.

BooftheFox likes this.
  3. dinosaurdammit

Added. Thanks.

4. Ozriel

Ozriel Inglorious Bastard

For the current members: May I suggest adding "No Hazing" to the list of things. Let them get out of the intro area first.

5. dinosaurdammit

6. Deo

Deo The hatred of FAF personified

Since "Deo" is Latin for God...

You sadden the cockles of my cold cruel heart.
    Are you sure no hazing? I find I'm proficient at it.

7. dinosaurdammit

May Deo have mercy on your furry soul.

8. CynicalCirno

CynicalCirno Hello

Perfect, we need something like that.
    Although, how can we assure that people actually read this?

I wonder if there's any way that you'd see this post before you submit a thread.

Although, it should be known that puns, jokes or circlejerk is not very much appreciated at an introduction thread. If at all, I'd rather see a productive and informative thread and not some humor that I don't understand. Those threads shouldn't be confusing, but straight and sharp - "I am XYZ, I am from NM, I like OPL, and my interests are TRE, pleasure to be with you".

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  9. Xegras

Xegras Peerat

This is a great idea!

To bad noone will read it.

10. Fay V

Fay V Lost to this world

Deus animae tuae misereatur

11. The_Lightning_Fox

The_Lightning_Fox Your days are numbered!

Some might, I read some of the unofficial writings here.

If newbies are reading this, lurk first.

12. Volkodav

Volkodav Dad****er

What if they mention their fursona species? I know you meant "hehe im a wolfy ^_^" posts.. but what if they say "hey I'm Dave and I have a wolf character"

Should include that

13. dinosaurdammit

Mentioned.

What you chose as a fursona if you chose one at all- fursonas have nothing to do with the forums. We are people sitting at computers- not animals. To avoid flaming please refrain from saying you are a "lynx", "deer", "wolf", ect. This is not true- you are human.

14. Ozriel

Ozriel Inglorious Bastard

Wait until they get out of Introductions and make their first thread before grabbing the paddle and dog poop to toss at them.

15. Volkodav

Volkodav Dad****er

Ohhhh well i guess they really dont have anything to do with the forums.. but idk

16. CerbrusNL

CerbrusNL I am legion, for we are many.

Unless I'm missing something, it's actually "Deus", not "Deo".

17. LizardKing

LizardKing Guest

Just one other thing...

An introduction is not the place to tell everyone your damn fetishes >:[

18. Monster.

I'm no expert, but I think it's a gender pronoun of the word Deus.

19. CerbrusNL

CerbrusNL I am legion, for we are many.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/deus

I'm sorry, Deo. None of the sites about latin I found, returned any results when searching for "deo".

20. Monster.