Realistic weight gain

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Ketren, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Ketren

Ketren Member

I'm at work on a story that features weight gain and loss. Emphasis on "story"- hopefully this will end up being a complete tale. So I want the rates of gain and loss to be realistic.

The plot is straightforward- two friends falling in love. Liberty, a male tiger, is fascinated by his female friend's gut and decides to put on some pounds. Along the way they discover that love is more than meets the eye.

Another thing I'd like help with is the dates Lib and Julie go on. I've little to no dating experience. Just assume the setting is a small town or suburb in the US.

Thanks in advance.

2. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

If you want realistic you best take into account nutrition, metabolic rate, exercise, etc.

3. Ketren

Ketren Member

They take walks together and the latest scene takes place at their local pool.

Now I wish I'd taken more notes in health class...

4. Sergei Sóhomo

Swimming is good exercise, but weight loss/gain is heavily dependent on your diet. Having a bad diet is one of the biggest ways to destroy your plans

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  5. Ketren

Ketren Member

So it's time I started thinking about what they're eating. Perhaps have them go out for dinner.

6. Sergei Sóhomo

Protein and carbs for bulking
    Empty calories for fast and very unhealthy weight gain
    Small meals for weight loss without the bulk

7. Ketren

Ketren Member

You're a wellspring of good information, Sergei. :)

8. Sergei Sóhomo

I took a course in it so I know a small bit of the basics

9. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

If he really loves her he could put on 5 pounds a week by basically eating double. He could gain more by eating even more food, but so much food will likely to make him feel uncomfortable at first. 10-20lb a week would be max what's possible by eating 24/7. I'm talking about fat here. Muscles, no where close. 0.5-1lb a week with heavy use of steroids. Naturally 0.5-1lb a month.

Loosing weight is slower, 2-3lb a week.

10. Ketren

Ketren Member

Thanks. How much weight, approximately, would it take to make a visible difference- i.e. you could see the bulge through his shirt?

11. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

30lb should be enough to give a nice round belly. He won't be obese though. Also fat will collect on other parts of the body too.

12. real time strategist

real time strategist Active Member

How did this not get shit posted yet.

13. Ketren

Ketren Member

I don't know, but I'm glad it hasn't.

14. Sergei Sóhomo

I'm on spring break. Check back next Monday

15. Rykhoteth

Rykhoteth I AM A HUGE JIAN PLEASE BREAK MY LEGS

Alright, I got this.

Realistic? Realistic.

Whatsherface is a university student and binge drinks on friday nights due to the stress. Unfortunately a Malt Liquor is about 800 calories.
    She has no time to prep meals and often just grabs whatever at the bookstore which is all junkfood.
    She resorts to bargaining w/ treats to motivate herself.
    She drinks way too much coffee but can't stand it black, and holy crap you do not want to know how many calories are in the typical white-girl drink you see at Starbucks.
    Most of her friends are more overweight than her, so she doesn't think it's a problem. Since she hangs out with them, they're her only comparative reference for meal sizes and so she thinks she's undereating.

Truest story ever told.

16. Ketren

Ketren Member

I meant realistic as in "it takes time" rather than "I gained 5000 pounds instantly".

17. Ashwolves5

Ashwolves5 Miss Fluffy Bottom

probably like 5-10lbs a week if your actually try to gain and do everything bad for you