Recent Reads

Discussion in 'Books, Comics, and Graphic Novels' started by Courtney the smith, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Hello all you book furs xD

What was the last book, your current book, and the next one you have planned if you have one?

My last read was The Black Road by Mel Odom, a Diablo novel
    Currently reading The Goblin Corps by Ari Marmell
    Next book is planned to be Willful Child by Steven Erikson

I'm a pretty big fantasy girl and not huge on the Sci-fi but Erikson is one of my favorites so I am excited to read his sci-fi comedy

Scales42 likes this.
  2. Scales42

Scales42 MLG Snake

[​IMG]

Great read for both fantasy and history buffs.
    The Temeraire series is about a dragon air force during the napoleonic wars.
    Iam currently reading the third book in the series and already ordered the
    4th one :D I hope that one day, they will make a movie about the series, or perhaps
    a tv show ;)

3. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

My last read book is possibly controversial, so I'll skip that one.

Right now I'm reading The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson

Don't know what I'm reading next. Maybe Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie, since the film is coming out soon (or has it already come out?).

Sarachaga likes this.
  4. That's one interesting title Lcs. It sounds like it is a mystery book.

I've never heard of the Murder on the Orient Express, but the movie it is indeed out in theaters says local theater website.

Lcs likes this.
  5. Sarachaga

Sarachaga Fromage!

Past book I read( reread in this case) was the Lord of the Rings.
    I'm currently reading a translation of the I Ching.
    I don't know yet what I'll read next.

Lcs likes this.
  6. Ki3thrz

Ki3thrz Member

My last novel was A Game of Thrones A Song of Fire and Ice by George R.R. Martin. I stopped reading ~half way as I was just not getting into it.
    Currently I'm reading Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. Quite the wordy piece, but I love it.
    Next I'm planning on reading The Woman Who Would Be King by Kara Cooney.

7. ChromaticRabbit

ChromaticRabbit lagomorphic

[​IMG]
    Cory Doctorow - Walkaway (2017) - a near-future quasi-dystopian post-scarcity tale.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  8. Just finished with The Ship that Searched by Anne McCaffrey and Mercedes Lackey. I need to dig though the the family library and see if I can’t find our one copy of War Day by Whitley Strieber and James Kunetka.