Regulated Species Rules

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by SteppedOnAPurple, Dec 2, 2017.

1. SteppedOnAPurple

SteppedOnAPurple New Member

This has probably been asked before, but can my account be closed/suspended for refusing to comply with someone else's species rules?

Like, I'm not tagging the creator to intentionally piss them off, I'm not selling designs or adoptables or profiting off this, I'm not setting out to harass anybody -- I'm just drawing Manokit nads. Apart from making me unpopular in the community, is this Not Allowed?

2. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Well-Known Member

It's possible it could fall under AUP 2.11, depending on what exactly you're drawing and how you're presenting it, but beyond copyright/plagiarism issues or outright illegal activity Fur Affinity does not enforce third party TOSes.

3. Sariia

Sariia Member

In theory, the creator could file a possible copyright DMCA if it's their characters/their creation of a species and you're using it outside of their guidelines. If it's something they've created and have given specific guidelines on how their content can be used, it's a violation of their copyright as a content creator.

4. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

It doesn't really work like that. There are specific rules provided by the patent itself that protect your work from being commercially used, plagiarized for commercial use, and all the similar stuff. But at the same time, the law doesn't really cover creator-invented guidelines - after all, patents protect intellectual property first and foremost, they don't adhere to specific whims of the creator.

5. Diretooth

Diretooth Dire Wolf and Dragon Therianthrope

Logically speaking, your FA won't be closed or suspended for drawing another person's species with genitalia or nipples, but it can be if you do not adhere to the site's rules and guidelines. Looking at the group centered around this species, the only thing that would happen is being kicked out of any usergroup that does not tolerate such.
    On a personal note, the ban of genitalia or nipples period based on the idea of them being sexualized in nature is kind of silly. but that is an entirely different ball of wax. As for whether or not you'll face any legal backdraft, that depends on the person who created the species.

6. SteppedOnAPurple

SteppedOnAPurple New Member

Yeah, I'm specifically talking about FA, and in a completely non-profit sense. I'm not trying to get into the Dutch Angel Dragon Facebook group, nor am I making fursuits with gigantic, floppy genitals and selling them and calling them Dutch Angel Dragons. This is strictly a "Here's my Manokit character, she has nipples and I like to do drawings of her" kind of thing.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017