Religious Extremism is no joke, guys!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WolfNightV4X1, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

Posted to another site, reposting here for the lulz

But yeah,

Welp, I think my dad went full-religious batshit insane, unfortunately.

We were having a conversation about how they found out my dog had a microchip. Cool, normal. Then he said they've been calling him "devil dog". I was extremely confused as to why. He then went on to say that in the bible revelations in the end times the mark of the beast 666 would be marked on humanity, and there was speculation that in some dystopic future humans would be marked via microchips on a worldwide basis. He warned me to never get a microchip on myself nor on children.

Uhhhh....I was pretty baffled. Microchipping is an incredibly intuitive procedure which helps pets and animals always be able to be identified in the event that they get lost and returned home to avoid unwanted death. It's a great procedure. I can't believe he could go about demonizing the fact that my dog had a microchip. He referenced the fact that in some countries children were microchipped as well in the event they could get lost. While I see the dystopic concern in microchipping humans, there's still very practical application and would greatly help in the safety and tracking of children; just think in the event of abduction no criminal could easily get away with it (well...not without some disturbing ways to evade capture, but if they didnt know...) Perhaps with ethical conduct and regulation the future of microchipping could be safe and not a cause for govermental control.

But hey, I'm not concerned about the practicality of human-microchipping at this time nor the potential means for disturbing governmental influence...I dont intend to ever be microchipped nor will I ever as an adult find any practical application in it when I have other means to live, and I wouldnt go out of my way to microchip a child, either.

Just.. yes it's a dicey topic, but once again I'm getting severely dissapointed at my father's uncanny beliefs in demonizong everything. I swear he didnt used to be this bad. Must be some of his go-tos for news and resources.

I think once again he brought up the topic as an aside to dissuade me from some of my unsavory life decisions and traits, a reminder that the end is nigh and I should turn to the right path, perhaps.

Thread warning: Keep the bitter atheism stuff to a minimum, really I have various relgious beliefs myself, but I find extremism on all fronts to be counterproductive [​IMG] I dont care who or what you believe, but I dont bash general Christianity to this day despite my own family's constant ignorance and nonsense, at times.

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

George Carlin disagrees.

Yakamaru likes this.
  3. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

To be honest, "Devil Dog" is one hell of a name (no pun intended), I'd use that for my pet.

4. lupi900

lupi900 Active Member

Hey at least your parent's didn't put you up for adoption for being bi and freaking out people at a bible camp with death metal.

5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Lol that actually happened? Are you adopted?

6. Simo

Simo Skunk

I think more than just religious folks would object to being micro-chipped by the government. Dogs sure, but I wouldn't want Trump or Putin or anyone else stickin' a microchip up my ass (or wherever else), or my kids, if I ever had any.

Kids have done just fine for years without needing to be chipped; there seems to be such mounting paranoia in this country, that people are willing to hand over their freedoms for whatever imagined threats.

But more than likely Apple or Google will have people willingly microchip themselves, and paying to do so, so they can have 'the latest' built in 'smart phone' like device, which will also measure their pulse, moods, and monitor every time they have an orgasm, bowl movement or cigarette. Ads could be streamed directly to the subconscious, based on data, both personal, and literally, internal...but count me out.

Shane McNair and Scales42 like this.
  7. Scales42

Scales42 MLG Snake

Let me say that iam not a huge fan of religion, and It will probably stay that way. I can understand that you are dissapointed at your father's beliefs but you have mentioned that he didnt used to be that much involved in it. Perhaps, if that's the case you should have a long discussion with him about the topic. Sometimes people realize that they have gone way over the top this way. However there is always a small chance that he will throw holy water at you or something. :D
    [​IMG]

8. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

It seems to me that a ton of people miss the point of religion. I believe that religion should be all about striving to be the best person you can be. But, instead, there's a ton of people, in several different religions, who use religion as a way to control people, or worse, oppress them. That, and how do many of the extremists seem to miss the teachings that their own holy books teach? Whether it's the Bible or the Koran, the basic message they passed was to be a good person and to treat others with respect. Religion is supposed to be about YOU and YOUR ACTIONS.

9. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Logically chaotic and twice as charming

Extremism or even fanaticism in any way, shape or form is cancer. 'nough said.

Filter likes this.
  10. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yakamaru likes this.
  11. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

Mods please lock this thread, and/or lhide it

Apparently I stepped over a boundary on this one so I dont need it anymore. I just wanted to vent but I cant do that, apparently.

12. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

Locking at the OP's request

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.