Removal of strikes

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by shm1994, Apr 17, 2017.

1. shm1994

shm1994 New Member

I'm new to this forum however I have been using FA for years and I was just wondering why the admins are so strict in cases of certain mistakes and they do not forgive them even when the error is fixed.

2. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Vulpine Photographer

I'm a new user, too. But, I think it serves as a deterrent to future mistakes. The admins don't want "trouble users" on FA, so eventually expunging bad behavior could lead to more incidents. I'm sorry if it's a case of genuine mistakes, though. But, if I were you, I'd make sure that you're familiar with the site's rules, so that you don't make any more mistakes in the future.

Ravofox likes this.
  3. shm1994

shm1994 New Member

It was not me at all it was someone i was watching a rule got slightly changed and he was not aware of it until after he had posted it and even though he hadn't broken any rules for years they said one more mistake and they would ban him not even attempting to give a warning other then a 7 day suspension

4. FluffyShutterbug

In that case, I'd recommend that he appeal that strike.

5. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

Being familiar with the site rules won't really do you much. Depending on how much certain administrators dislike you they'll still put strikes against you for the simplest of things. Like I'm talking a simple "wut" is enough

6. FluffyShutterbug

What would you have to even do to get on the admins' bad sides?

7. Sergei Sóhomo

Existing
    Disagreeing
    Shitposting

8. FluffyShutterbug

Wow... I'm glad that I don't know any of them personally.

9. Sergei Sóhomo

They come out of the woodwork every once in a while

10. FluffyShutterbug

Like... In random places?

11. shm1994

shm1994 New Member

Idk but my friend claims they dislike him so much hes not going to even try to appeal because they had just ignored him the previous times he had tried

12. Sergei Sóhomo

Typically
    Sounds right

13. FluffyShutterbug

He must've done something to ROYALLY piss them off, then. I can't think of any other reason why they'd be so hostile. As for me, I'd try to stay under the radar when it comes to admins, since they can ruin your life. As the old saying goes, "Choose you battles." Not all fights are worth the price that is paid.

14. shm1994

shm1994 New Member

well it doesn't help that most of the admins don't listen and are not that active at all and if they are it is with themselves and not other peoples matters

15. Sergei Sóhomo

It all depends on who handles the case. There's one I know in particular who will slam you for just about anything

16. shm1994

shm1994 New Member

My friend probably got that admin then x.x it would be just his luck

17. FluffyShutterbug

I guess that he should try all of them, then. One of them is bound to be a good person (hopefully).
    That's scary...

18. shm1994

shm1994 New Member

more then likely not most admins are people who join up because of the paycheck and don't really care if there was a decent admin i would be surprised genuinely while i understand FA is a large site the last time my friend messed up was four years ago i mean there has to be some form of a forgiveness policy or something

19. FluffyShutterbug

I don't think there is. Being the anxious person that I am, I usually familiarize myself with the rules and stuff. I don't think that strikes are ever expunged.

20. Sergei Sóhomo

Pretty sure they don't get paid, but I could be wrong

If it makes you feel any better, so long as it's not blatant racism, discrimination or whatnot then you can probably go for 8 or 9 strikes since I'm on my 7th or so