Removal of strikes

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by shm1994, Apr 17, 2017.

1. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxay Femboi Photographer

I wouldn't be so cavalier about that. I think you're only allowed a maximum of 7 strikes before your account is deleted.

2. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, no, Sergei. Personal opinions about users do not play into administrative action taken. Follow the rules and you're fine. Break them, or deliberately and persistently push the line, and you may not be.

Note that I have no idea who you're talking about, so this is completely general information: when someone tells you they had action taken against them for "no reason" or "because admins hate me", it may be time to consider that you only know what your friend is telling you.

That would actually be likely to end him up in more trouble. Contacting staff directly about site matters or opening multiple tickets for the same issue violates COC, and I can't think of any other way to "try all of them." Honestly in the vast majority of cases you'll get the exact same call regardless of what staff member handles your particular issue; admin discretion primarily comes in when you're dealing with edge cases.

Oh, you got me, I'm totally on staff for the juicy $0 paycheck and the privilege of having people throw random unfounded accusations in my general direction on a regular basis. :V

Seriously, though, we're volunteers doing what we do for love of the community.

We consider account history, including time elapsed since last offense, when issuing penalties. Often this means that very old offenses "expire", but there may sometimes be reasons to escalate an offense despite time having passed, so it's something that's to some extent done on a case by case basis. It is, however, always your responsibility as a user to keep up to date on policy changes (which are announced via site newsposts).

Not really, no. Offense levels are covered at the end of the AUP/COC documents. Offense levels do not, however, stack between different rules violations.

3. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

I dunno, I got infractions for saying things like "wut" and "why" so I'd say that there was some personal level of dislike towards me.

That's not counting being pegged for phishing despite doing nothing of the sort and even being told by the person who did it that I didn't do it
    Useful to know though so thanks

4. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

Whether or not there is, that has no bearing on the infractions in question. If you don't break rules, you won't get in trouble, end of story.
    That matter is closed and over with. Please let it lie. I have no desire to go through the song and dance of having to suspend you for dragging out old grievances.

5. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

I'm just saying that as much as you want to believe it, personal bias did play a role in some of them. Not all, but some

6. Royn

Royn Otterest Sergal evah!

LOL Exempla Brillitan!

7. dickital

dickital New Member

This is very reductive and completely assumes that mods are completely infalliable. I've seen people being warned for "harassement" when responding to literal nazi trolls talking about "gassing faggots" when providing evidence that said people are in fact actual Nazis. Like Foxler and that whole fiasco with that con which had a convicted child molester sending threats to people calling out actual Nazis trying to invade the fandom.

If you advocate for "peace", you're taking the side of the oppressor, it's not peace, it's simply a lack of action against those who are targeting minorities. Lazy modding, in my opinion, that just results in only the worst people staying in the community.