Reporting a plagiarist.

Discussion in 'Writing & Prose' started by Lazy-Fatboy, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Lazy-Fatboy

Lazy-Fatboy New Member

Well, mission partly accomplished. I got him to own up at least.

He's spinning the "I didn't know any better" angle.

When I noted him about the matter, he refused to confess to it even being derivative.

"I wrote all of my stories. You don't have any proof, so you're just some random troll who decided to harass me of all people for some mysterious reason, so I'm gonna block you know."
    was the jist of his response.

Like I said- he wasn't counting on there being any proof.

2. Prometheus_Fox

Prometheus_Fox Fire Thief

To be honest, I can understand the 'not knowing better' part at the beginning.
    Sure, someone could do something wrong and then get caught doing it.
    But how someone acts AFTER is what makes eyebrows raise.
    After proving that what they did is wrong and they don't apologize (or at minimum quietly take it down), it tends to indicate guilt.

I am a firm believer of 'innocent until proven guilty' and I do commend you on bringing proof to the cause.

Now we just have to wait until the doomsday clock ticks down, so to speak.

Lazy-Fatboy likes this.
  3. Suki262

Suki262 Active Member

Even worse xD

Lazy-Fatboy likes this.
  4. Lazy-Fatboy

Lazy-Fatboy New Member

Right? If that was his initial response, I might believe it.

As is, he's just trying to save a little face.

He has zero integrity.

I removed my older journals targeting him. His own journal- and the screenshots I took of it, in case he decides to remove it- is damning enough.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  5. Lazy-Fatboy

Lazy-Fatboy New Member

It really is. Like I said, I tried to give one of them notice that they had been conned- and he blocked me. So...

Meh.

6. Suki262

Suki262 Active Member

What could you do :/

Lazy-Fatboy likes this.
  7. Lazy-Fatboy

Lazy-Fatboy New Member

I posted an update about this, linking to the plagiarist's account.

I got my first warning. I think it's kinda uncool how selective FA is about enforcing it's rules, but whatever.

Anywho, they basically said they wouldn't take action because I wasn't the original IP owner, and closed the ticket.

I was working WITH the original IP owners. I could've given them their contact info.

Even if I didn't, I proved it was plagiarism, and plagiarism is plagiarism.

So FA is clearly pro-plagiarism, but anti-calling out plagiarists.

8. ilexdusk

ilexdusk Stinky but Kawaii ;3

Some people are just so scummy. Why steal someone's hard work? :|

Lazy-Fatboy likes this.
  9. Lazy-Fatboy

Lazy-Fatboy New Member

- and more to the point, why is FA refusing to take action against him, actually defending him?

I logged into FA today, on the art side of things, and noticed I had gotten a first warning there as well, for "harassment".

An old journal from way back when this was going down got flagged, and now I'm basically getting called a bully.

Like, shoot- this guy's getting paid for stolen material, and I can't say jack squat about it without having action taken against my account?

As I said before, FA is oddly selective about which rules they enforce.

10. Lazy-Fatboy

Lazy-Fatboy New Member

I actually contacted Dragoneer, the site directer, about this. It turns out Dragoneer actually follows this scumbag on Twitter.

Wonder if this is because of bias among the site's admins?

I know for a fact this person has not only plagiarized stories, but tried to take credit for other people's commissions.