Resources for writers; New writers, start here

Discussion in 'Writing & Prose' started by panzergulo, Jul 28, 2009.

1. TrinityWolfess

TrinityWolfess League Of Legends

What about poetry? I am writing a story... slowly but surely. Also It's not furry related so I wasn't going to post it up here. Anyway any websites for possible poetry?

2. Shoiyo

Shoiyo Friendly Neighborhood Skox

To writers with busy schedules (like myself) I'd like to suggest a little more Instant gratification as far as guides and such go in the form of my favorite media outlet - Podcasts.
    I've listened to all of these and would recommend them:

http://www.stormwolf.com/thesecrets/podcasts/ - The Secrets Podcast with Michael A. Stackpole. This podcast gives some amazing pointers to writing better plot lines, characters, and more wholesome stories.

http://www.writingexcuses.com/ - Writing Excuses! Fifteen minutes long, because you're in a hurry, and the hosts aren't that smart! Or so goes their tagline. These four Award winning authors give great tips on anything you can imagine. From world-building, to character flaws, to Jack Black on an island full of tiny people. It's funny, entertaining, and you'll learn a ton about writing.

Also, if you can find any episodes from a podcast called "I Should be Writing" by Mur Lafferty, it also was an amazing podcast. I, however can no longer access the episodes, because for whatever reason, it's no longer available in Canada.

I prefer using the podcast method because I work a lot, and can simply plug my Mp3 Player into my radio and listen to the tips on long drives around my district. Hopefully this helps out some of you guys too.

3. WhenCatsFoxesandWolvesFly

WhenCatsFoxesandWolvesFly RIDEing Free Tonight!

I don't know if it should go on the list, but some of the op-eds people have posted at Shifti's Writer's School have good advice in them.

4. Raysse

Raysse shy anarchist

Unfortunately, most links to forum threads seem to be down, friend.

5. DragonJuno

DragonJuno New Member

this i saw most of the link titles from my phone and exited to see them on my pc to discover that most of them are down :c

EDIT: found a way around it, copy paste the link of the resource you want to see on google and the forum post should appear in the list

6. furrycoolkid

furrycoolkid New Member

hi i'm a new writer on the site

7. MrPhox

MrPhox Member

Welcome.

Sadly this place seem dead. I was looking for help, collaboration, critics and or comment for a story I write.

Another dead end :(

8. furrycoolkid

furrycoolkid New Member

hey I can help you out

9. MrPhox

MrPhox Member

Well here my story: www.furaffinity.net: A new life by MrPhox

I was thinking of changing the end of the story a third time. I do need to fix stuff in the story.

For the other stories I would like collaboration, I did not write much to it since I was trying to finish the main one.

10. Ketren

Ketren Member

Just want to add the Young Writers Society to the mix- Young Writers Society Not a lot of furry members, but that could change...