Saddest songs you know

Discussion in 'Music & Sound' started by Glider, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Mr.Foox

Mr.Foox Daddy Fooxy

Haha x3 those where some...interesting times. owo

BlueWorrior likes this.
  2. DuranWolf

DuranWolf Youngish greymuzzle

Gone Away -The Offspring

Mr.Foox likes this.
  3. Guilleum2

Guilleum2 Works too hard

What Sarah Said by Deathcab for Cutie. Makes me want to die every time.

4. Karatine

Karatine I can climb trees

I remember listening to this song while I was still grief-stricken about losing my dog ;(

5. Yakamaru

Yakamaru This is not a rabbit Avatar

Karatine likes this.
  6. Inpw

Inpw Roller Coaster Imagineer.

Lightning crashes - Live

7. Xaroin

Xaroin the Contradictory

I don't know if anybody posted this one yet

Sarachaga likes this.
  8. Sarachaga

Sarachaga Well-Known Member

Wait! I didn't see the sounds of silence here, that's a first :p

9. nerdbat

nerdbat Green butt of reason

Majority of Modest Mouse output (at least the top-tier albums), "Moon & Antarctica" in particular. There are many sappy/sad/angsty bands out here, but it's one of the few that perfectly captures the feeling of loneliness and isolation. Not in the sense of "Imma so sad I need a girlfriend", but existential/cosmic loneliness - philosophical lyrics about humankind being a mere blip on Universe's radar and how individual people are doomed to be alone with their actual feelings, depressing and minimalistic instrumentals to boot. In other words, they don't sing about stuff that makes them feel empty inside as much as about unpleasant and complex concerns that will make you feel empty inside after letting it sink in. If you want to cry yourself to sleep for some reason or the other, then you might want to check the guys out.

Vanilla Zero likes this.
  10. nerdbat

nerdbat Green butt of reason

Ah, how could I forget this one c: From Russian cult art-rock band - sounds very cheesy on surface (if a bit haunting), but in actuality it's about already depressed person who got stuck in a "groundhog day loop" at New Year's Eve, living through the same day for half a year (and being the only person who's aware of it), and getting ready to kill himself, because he doesn't want to see same happy faces every day for the rest of his life. Because, you know, happy holidays and stuff!

11. Vanilla Zero

Vanilla Zero a dead sinking story

Neo-classical and ambient, but absolutely immense.. makes my eyes watery almost every time I listen to it.

12. TheRealKingKoopa

TheRealKingKoopa New Member

Kendrick is pretty good at this stuff, but this song definitely got the strongest reaction out of me.

13. Okami_No_Heishi

Okami_No_Heishi Very Happily Married For 16 And A Half Years

14. Nekomura

Nekomura Blue Flame Bakeneko

15. ScarClaw

ScarClaw Scar

16. Beatle9

Beatle9 AKA BeatleNumber9. Amateur writer.

On a Real Good Day, by Robbie Fulks

I'm not usually a fan of country, but this song is so sincere. It's the kind of song I'd probably use at the end of an episode of a TV show where a popular character is written out (not necessarily killed off though).
    "Though I'm not happy I can pretend, on a real good day." That lyric just really gets to me.