Request: Seeking a writer!

Discussion in 'Art Exchange and Trades' started by featherw0lf, Oct 4, 2017.

1. featherw0lf

featherw0lf Lovable Dorky Werewolf

I'm looking for someone willing to write a Halloween themed story for me. Last year I asked someone on another forum to do it and they agreed, only to end up falling off the face of the earth (like 90% of all people who agree to do stuff for me) and I never heard from them again. Now that a year has gone by I think it's appropriate to try to get this written again.

The story would involve my werewolf character and his human best friend. The two hang out on Halloween night and end up getting into trouble. The story would be mostly artistic freedom as I only have a few key parts set in stone so you're free to do whatever you like with it. Further details will be discussed in PM.

Thanks for reading!

2. sunburst_odell

sunburst_odell The biggest Nintendo Fan in the world

Hi there! I might be able to write something for you. Though around how many words would you like? My short stories are normally 800-2000 words.

3. featherw0lf

I'm not sure. To be honest I never really understand just how long a story is when put into a word count. 2000 sounds like a lot when in reality it's actually pretty short. The story I'd like would be of average length at the very least as it would involve multiple scenes where they start off talking, then later get ready to go out, hang out, eventually run into some sort of trouble, then they have to get out of trouble... there are a lot of parts to this story, so the longer the better.

4. sunburst_odell

If by average length you mean around 100 pages, I'm afraid I can't do that as a book of that length is very tough to write and I don't feel comfortable doing that for free. However, if I have enough details, I can probably write something around 10,000 words(Around 30 pages) Would that be OK?

5. featherw0lf

Oh no nothing that long! I was thinking like a chapter length story would be appropriate. I just want it to have certain things and not go around skipping stuff because you have to keep it under a certain limit. I like dialogue and different things and shorter stories tend to skip these things. But yes if you're comfortable writing that length then I'd be more than willing to take you up on that offer!

6. sunburst_odell

OK, I'll see what I can do. c:

Want to PM me the details now?

7. Eleven-lyc

Eleven-lyc Elder Werewolf

Will ya be posting the story anywhere when it's done? I wanna read, too ^^

8. featherw0lf

I'll be posting it to my FA!

9. ThefriendlyFurry

ThefriendlyFurry Commission Work: Short Story and One-Off Writer!

Is this a Comission? Cause I’d be willing to do it and my prices are fair.

10. featherw0lf

No. It is a request because as much as I'd like to commission, I have no money.

11. ThefriendlyFurry

ThefriendlyFurry Commission Work: Short Story and One-Off Writer!

I mean I can do a request just know that it will take me a few cause i have a few commisions

12. featherw0lf

I don't mind waiting if you're willing to write something! Just send me a note and we can discuss it. :)