Should hunting be illegal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AustinB, Jul 14, 2017.

?

1. Yes, it should

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It should, but it should be regulated

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. It should only be legal if it's for survival/population control

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. No, it shouldn't

20 vote(s)
    48.8%
  1. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

no that would be an Agnostic...
    you're very odd... how do you think hunting works? you just go with random people you have met on the street?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    WolfNightV4X1 and Ramjet556 like this.
  2. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

...actually now that I think of it, it is very weird that hunting is considered a "fun" activity, but it depends on why it is considered fun and what the mindset of the people doing it is.

I mean, I get the recreational factor is likely from going outdoors, being in nature, handling a rifle and being a skilled marksmen, and probably a cultural activity and based on hunter roots, but I'm wondering if there are people out there that genuinely feel it's "fun" to kill animals, as if being dominant and killing a living creature is part of a trophy. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some d-bags who feel that way (Such as European nobles killing foxes on horseback with their dogs giving chase)

Those types of hunters are mainly the ones that are dissappointing. Hunters who have a conscious ability to respect the nature they are a part of and taking from have my seal of approval

3. Saiko

Saiko GTWT Survivor

To be honest, the act of taking the shot can be quite an enjoyable adrenaline rush; so if you wanted to be morbidly blunt you really could say it's "genuinely fun to kill animals." The main reason I myself don't hunt is actually because that's the only moment I like at all. The two hours before that are just being bored in the cold, and the next two hours are cleaning the animal.

As for the main question, I have a pretty typical opinion. You should use what you kill/catch, population control is an important issue for some species, and current regulations work pretty damn well as far as I can tell. I do wish spotlighting was less popular than it is, though.

4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Nah, it's one of the things I do to upset all the snowflakes.

Junkerfox likes this.
  5. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

i believe that is outlawed in a lot of countries though

a lot of hunting regulations revolve around "unsporting behavior" so things like spotlighting shooting within a certain distance of a road/building going after young bucks/cows are a no no cultures also change from country to country
    take the states and CAN as an example there its legal to hunt cows and bears where as here in Australia we view that as somewhat stupid and unsporting

6. Yakamaru

Yakamaru 100% faith-based dancing!

Hunting is a good way for population control. It allows us to get some reeeeally tasty wild meat while the animal populations don't fuck themselves over by reproducing way too many.

7. FuzzyMuzz

FuzzyMuzz The Living Shadow

On a rare occasion I sometimes like to go hunting

8. Molly Zepol

Molly Zepol Coral Muncher

It depends. In the south the boars get nasty and they destroy farmland, attack livestock, and attack people so there's I think a $50 - $200 payout for everyone you kill because the population is SO overwhelming. In places where the natural predators have been thinned out/killed out the hunted animals such as rabbits and deer mass produce so it's best to thin out the population now and then or they'll thin out the vegetation.

Junkerfox likes this.
  9. It'sBlitz

It'sBlitz Pilot in training

Thats exactly why I hunt.

10. Tigers-on-Unicycles

Tigers-on-Unicycles National Treasure

Hunting and fishing should absolutely be legal, particular for the purpose of feeding oneself or one's family, or even crafting (leather work and such). It's poaching that's the problem. Killing a critically endangered animal for one part of its body -such as a rhino for its horn, a tiger for its mystical bone juice or a shark for its fins- is wasteful, pointless and atrocious.

As for hunting, I'm pretty sure it is regulated in most places, and should continue to be. You need a license to fish in my state and there are limits on the number of fish you are allowed to pull out of the water. I'm not very informed on hunting practices here, but I do recall a ban placed on hunting wolves because the population was down.

I would prefer if hunting and fishing were more widely practiced as a source of nourishment in the united states. We've certainly fucked up enough environments by introducing non-native species; it's just as much our responsibility to clear them out and restore some balance. There is also the issue of mass factory production of livestock and the multitude of disgusting realities that come with it -the widely accepted abuse of these animals, the use of hormones, their horrendous living conditions, feed containing by-products of their own species, the massive pollution being dumped into local water sources (gulf of mexico, anyone?), and the loss of small farms who cannot match the competition. I really think we should stop depending on these giants so much for our meat.

I think more about becoming a hunter every day. It's a matter of getting licenses, equipment and transportation, though.

11. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Now that everybody seems to agree that hunting is good, let's open "Furries for Shooting Animals in the Butt" club or something

Scales42 likes this.
  12. Kit H. Ruppell

Kit H. Ruppell Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

If you're doing it for your own puerile amusement, you're doing it wrong.

13. snowyfursuitlover

snowyfursuitlover New Member

no some hunting is bad but like deer and elk some forest would be overrun by these animals where it would be very bad for the enviorment. These are monitored by the game and fish department. Whats not good is killing animals that are very low in numbers, may become extinct.

14. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

I'll state the opposite - if something's fun, you're doing it the right way -u-

15. Junkerfox

Junkerfox Devil made me do it once. I did it again for fun

How else will i get my venison?

16. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

My (vegetarian) boyfriend has mentioned a restaurant, I think it's somewhere in Massachusetts, that serves only invasive species. I think that's a pretty clever schtick, and probably pretty good for the local environment, too, on the whole.

There's a difference between enjoying what you're doing, and doing it for the enjoyment of it. If you go out to hunt because you derive pleasure from shooting and killing a creature, I'll probably be a little concerned about where you might be heading.