Social Intelligence Test

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lcs, May 15, 2017.

1. Jackqua

Jackqua New Member

I just took the test. 28/36

I kinda wanted to be extra special and have a high score.
    Besides the scores, I think those pictures of the eyes make good reference on capturing certain emotions.

2. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

24/36. It's ok, I guess .ะท.

3. Erinpuppy

Erinpuppy Commission Me

hehe.. i don't know how old you are but I just turned 26 so not so young T.T
    I hate being one to self diagnose myself.. i swear I'm not a hypochondriac
    it's simply the conclusion to the evidence i have, and i'm not an expert either :(
    knowing that i might actually be autistic this whole time did make me feel better about all my questions like why was i so different, why would i not speak in school, why was i so quiet as a baby, why did i not have a concept of friends until i was 11 years old, why could i not relate to other girls, and why is life so hard, why do i say the wrong things and cry because i can't understand when people are sarcastic and feel confused and lied to..
    but it doesn't bother me that i have these problems because I have a good bf who takes care of me now, stress went down a lot easier when he started taking care of me

Yvvki, Zenoth and Lcs like this.
  4. Yvvki

Yvvki Sassy lesser panda.

Is it bad that anime taught me more on how to talk to other people then real people? lol.

5. Wolveon

Wolveon I swear I will not kill anyone

I can't get past the eyes, those pictures are so creepy lol.

6. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

32. Probably would have been higher if I had known one of the adjectives they used.

I have observed a lot despite not being much of a talker. I'm a one way street unless what we socialize about is interesting for both. Otherwise I do a lot of listening and looking and that's how I've learned to understand people without saying a word.

7. jan69

jan69 New Member

So what's the average score for this test?

8. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

Supposedly the average is between 26 and 28.

9. Puffinca

Puffinca New Member

[​IMG]

But I'm generally a pretty social person (even if I do use this site lmao) so I'd be surprised if I didn't score fairly high.

But also, you have to think about the kind of people that would come across an online social intelligence test. The sample probably isn't accurate at all for the ACTUAL population.

10. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. The averages I listed were based off of studies, so unless the methodology was flawed, they're probably still relatively accurate.

That said, one thing I did notice is that the sample size used to determine the autism average was very small. Also, there were some papers criticising the test as being inconsistent.

Puffinca likes this.
  11. Puffinca

Puffinca New Member

Could be, who knows.

12. Tezzy Fur

Tezzy Fur Active Member

23, erm, OK..... Mind you, my there have been signs of high fuctioningautism in Some of my family members. You know, I'll try it again...Right, 21 this time. Funny, I always thought I was good at judging emotions. Frowny face :)

13. Activoid

Activoid Ace Artist

I got 26/36, neat. Also pretty good considering I have some disabilities that make facial recognition very difficult. Kinda proud of myself, actually.

14. Arcturus Maple

Arcturus Maple Tiny Miniskirt Enthusiast

15. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

In a study with about 700 people, no one got a score below 17.

That said, there are many factors that affect your results. For example, younger people, females and those without mental disabilities tend to perform better. Also, those who have better quality screens, who are not fatigued and understand the words used in the test often gain better results. Of course, this test can be inconsistent at times, so I wouldn't worry too much.

16. AsheSkyler

AsheSkyler Feathered Jester

I've always scored 30+ on eye expression tests. Which is kind of funny considering my facial recognition can be a bit iffy, like not recognizing one of my aunts that visits frequently. :p

I have no official neurological or psychological diagnosis by any kind of paid professional, even though I was diagnosed by a person with a degree in psychology studying various neurological fields such as autism and schizophrenia with an intent to make a career of it, so I don't matter to the diagnosis elitists. I may get a few of the more pressing components evaluated as soon as I can afford them, like the dang sensory issues, but for the most part I don't care if I ever get properly evaluated to see what spectrum I'm supposed to be on and how bad.

17. ebbingRose

ebbingRose Guest

17/36. Looking at the other scores.. Erm, yikes.

18. Saiko

Saiko GTWT Survivor

I got a 24 and landed smack in the middle of the gray area lol. I often don't pay much attention to people's eyes, so this doesn't surprise me all that much.

19. MsRavage

MsRavage Hello!

oh man...i got 23 out of 36...i always thought i was a great reader of emotion....but i scored less than 86% of people who took that....

20. AustinB

AustinB Active Member

I don't need to take a social intelligence test to realize I'm a complete social wreck