Stopping in to say Hi

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions' started by Brit, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Brit

Brit New Member

Hi everyone !!
    I just wanted to say hello to everyone, I am new to the forum and to the fandon, I might be called a Grey Bear.
    I live in Northern VA and will hopefully be attending local mets and going to cons. I am really looking forward to hopefully building a community to join me in charity work specifically geared towards kids and animals.
    I am currently working on a fursona but have decided to go with Brit as my name, kinda fitting since I am from the UK.
    Hope to chat with you all soon and meet at cons etc.

-Praydeth-, katalistik and Simo like this.
  2. Simo

Simo Skunk

Hey there, and welcome from a friednly skunk & Baltimore fur, who works near DC.

Have you heard of the Fur The 'More con? It's coming up soon, and was a lotta fun, the past two years; I'd check that out, it's in Tysons Corners and easily reached via the Silver Line Metro. I've not found too many smaller fur meets near me, but there do seem to be some more active ones in NoVA (northern Virginia).

Hope you have fun here. I'd also like to get involved with charity work involving animals...they seem to bite less, and make less noise than kids! :V Teasing, but feel free to give a shout if ya like, and hope you meet some more friendly furs here. And have fun with your fursona. I have seen a few bears, hiking in the mountains of VA...curious critters, they are.

3. SveltColt

SveltColt A Normal Wolf

Welcome to the fandom and the forums.

4. Brit

Brit New Member

Hi Simo, Hopefully going to a meetup in Fairfax this Monday, Thank you Meet Up. I was hoping to go to the Con this weekend in MD/DC but work kinda got in the way. Do you have a link to the Fur The'More con, sounds like fun. Right now I am trying to find a decent and not too $$$ fursuit maker, kinda liking the Dutch Angel Dragons ( yes I adore Telephone), really want it to be very kid friendly since I want to go to the Kids units at hospitals ( yes i have had a background check, just saying).
    I would love to get 3-4 fursuiters willing to join me and making a group that visits hospitals and works with NOVA charities.

Simo likes this.
  5. Sarachaga

Sarachaga You gain Brouzouf

Hello, welcome to the forum! I hope you will enjoy your stay here!

Simo likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Hi
    Bye

7. Simo

Simo Skunk

Hey there, have fun at the meet! And that's cool ya wanna cheer kids up...you're more brave than me! Here's a link to the con:

Furthe'More 2017 - FurtheMore 2017

Last year, attendance was about 1,000, so small enough to cozy, but big enough to have some variety. Not sure I can make it this year, but am gonna try. But I highly recommend it; very well run; interesting panels on fursuit making, tons of huggy fursuiters everywhere, and it's all in one hotel, that makes it seem like a crazy 3 day slumber party.

8. katalistik

katalistik People used tap, it's not very effective.

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

9. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Mein Gott

Welcome to the forums, mate.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

10. pardonmewhileisquee

pardonmewhileisquee Thedragonmommy aka Bunz

Hi there Bunny here. I make lots of fuzzy things like foxes, dragons, octopi, turtles etc. I was at Furthemore last year. I will be attending this year and have reserved a room at the con hotel anyone who needs to room share send me a message. I do Artist alley so I do need sleep as I get up early to set up there. Takes a while to set up cubes in AA after raffle. Oh yeah and here is my Etsy page in case anyone was curious as to what I will be bringing to the con. www.etsy.com: Plushies,carrying bags and more. by TheDragonMommy

11. -Praydeth-

-Praydeth- The Trickster coyote.

I actually live in northern va as well F.A.U. (This forums official con) Is likely to be fairly close to you btw.

I do have conditions that have in the past few months caused frequent visits to hospitals & lord I have seen kids that would need something like that to brighten their day because of what they are going through.