Suggestions For Drawing Tablets?

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by creamlapine, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Crimcyan

Crimcyan Im fox now, BAMBOOZLED

Canada does have Craigslist, its one of the main selling sites here. Also check kijiji as well.
    And what @Yvvki said the wacom intuos are very good. You just need to get past the learning curve with it

2. creamlapine

creamlapine Member

Look I have already said it, STOP. I have already told you that I cant use those type of tablets, I stated that at the very start when I made this thread. I specifically asked if people knew of good ones that displayed the image. I am NOT looking for one that forces me to stare at my monitor while drawing on a blank pad, I CANNOT use that, no matter how many times you claim that I can "get used to it".

Now please, if you cannot offer any suggestions for what I actually asked for then please don't bother posting. I do not want to have to report you for harassment.

I know of Kijiji but sadly its not very useful for me for this, I live in a small town and there is very little being sold on kijiji around here.

3. Yvvki

Yvvki Sassy lesser panda.

I have offered suggestions. All I'm saying is don't confuse the tablet with a drawing tablet. I never told you to buy it, I have been on Amazon for like the past 20 mins trying to find something you wanted. HOLLY CRAP. Are you even reading my posts. I never, NEVER. Told you to 'get use to it'. Not once. I'm talking art and what works with beginners. And clarifying things that you don't understand when it comes to drawing tablets. I'm not attacking you, I'm trying to teach you. But I digress.

Here are some tablets that are kind of cheap for what you want.

www.lifewire.com: The 9 Best Drawing Tablets to Buy in 2017

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  4. creamlapine

creamlapine Member

I am not confusing tablets and drawing tablets. www.wacom.com: OpenGraph Data That is an example of what I don't want, it is just a pad that works with the pen, you have to stare at the monitor to draw, which I cannot do.

Wacom Global That is an example of what I am looking for, you can see the image on the drawing tablet itself.

But yes I did also ask about normal tablets, I wanted to know if you could just use a graphics program on a normal tablet using a stylus because many normal tablets are cheaper than drawing tablets and if you can run a drawing program on a normal tablet then it would work for what I want because I could definitely see the image on it.

5. Butt_Ghost

Butt_Ghost Caffeine-based lifeform.

Cintiq Companion Hybrids bombed really hard so you might be able to find one second hand, anyone still holding onto one right now is probably desperate to sell it. Other things you might be able to keep an eye out for are old Microsoft Surface PCs, Samsung Slate PC and old Lenovo thinkpads with digitizers, like the Thinkpad Yoga. They're old enough that people are going to want to sell them cheap but they'll serve fine as long as you don't need high processing power. Pen displays under $250 are a really tough thing to find though.

In regards to Android/iOS tablet PCs, iPad really is the only good one for drawing. There's some android art software but it blows and ipad has the better painting software along with an actual digitizer pen.

6. creamlapine

creamlapine Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll avoid the iPad though, don't like Apple. I know its probably hard to find good ones for that price, but I just don't want to spend a large amount on something that would be used for the equivalent of a notebook. I'll keep an eye out for some of those options.