Talk about a movie you've seen recently!

Discussion in 'TV, Video & Film' started by BlueWorrior, Oct 27, 2016.

1. BlueWorrior

BlueWorrior Subwoofer Extraordinaire

(Spoiler Alert: We talk about movies and spoil their endings!)
    I saw Edward Scissorhands yesterday.
    A gentle man, with scissors for hands, is brought into a new community after living in isolation.
    It was alright: I did really warm up to Edward as a character, though I didn't get emotional as I thought I would. His character design is pretty excellent and did a good job at communicating visually that he didn't fit in.
    The film is full of odd beats and dialogue. I usually like weird movies but this just left me saying "...okay?" and didn't really win me over. Heck, Terminator 2 make me jerk more tears than this film did!
    I also found it weird how he kills a dude and pretty much nobody cares that he's dead! The suburban folk just see the bloodied corpse and are kinda shocked, but they completely forget about him almost right afterwards and just leave! So it can feel pretty contrived at times, witch nagged me, But hey: I'm still glad I saw it. If not only to say that i've seen it.

2. bhutrflai

bhutrflai Okami convinced me to drink the kool-aid. Cheers!

Edward Scissorhands is an oddity to begin with. But it's meant to be that way. (And to think that he grew up to become Captain Jack Sparrow is kinda amazing!)

We tend to rewatch movies many times. One of our fave directors is M Night Shamalan. 'Signs', 'The Village', & 'Lady In The Water' are his top 3, to us anyways.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    BlueWorrior likes this.
  3. Guilleum2

Guilleum2 Works too hard

I think the last movie I saw in theaters was Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. It was alright I guess? I never read the book, but the movie was... average. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. I liked the actress playing Miss Peregrine, she was great. The monsters immediately reminded me of Slenderman. I think my favorite character was the asshole kid who's peculiarity was using hearts to bring life to these mangled creatures he made dual for fun. A puppeteer of sorts. He was definitely the most interesting.

katalistik and BlueWorrior like this.
  4. DuranWolf

DuranWolf Youngish greymuzzle

Have you seen The Visit yet? That's an M. night movie.

5. DuranWolf

Recently saw The Hateful Eight for the second time. It thought it was quite good. Quentin Tarantino directed it. Although the running time was a bit long (2 hours, 45 minutes), and the pacing was a bit slow, it led to a pretty entertaining 3rd act. I love pretty much all of Quentin's movies (Jackie Brown being my least favorite of his).

I'm glad it won an award for Best Music Score.

BlueWorrior likes this.
  6. bhutrflai

AK-47. When you absolutely, positively have to kill every mother fucker in the room...accept no substitute!!

(Only line I remember.)

Now pulp fiction is quoted in our house on a daily basis!! I think it's QT's best!!

-AlphaLupi, DuranWolf and BlueWorrior like this.
  7. bhutrflai

Nope, haven't seen it yet. But it's on our list!

DuranWolf likes this.
  8. DuranWolf

Watching Cool Hand Luke right now for the first time.

Okami_No_Heishi likes this.
  9. Okami_No_Heishi

Okami_No_Heishi Very Happily Married For 16 And A Half Years

Helluva movie!! One of Paul Newmans best. My dad's favorite.

10. Okami_No_Heishi

Just saw John Wick last week. Pretty good action kickass movie.

bhutrflai and BlueWorrior like this.
  11. EdgyMemeLord0

EdgyMemeLord0 Master of succ

Dude, that movie was somehow good but also just..... strange

12. DuranWolf

I'm at this moment watching the scene where the sexy woman is washing her car in front of the chain gang. So hot!

13. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Saw Sword of the Stranger. Again. Fucking love that movie.

And Studio Ghibli. The movies they make are just pure gold.

Okami_No_Heishi and BlueWorrior like this.
  14. BlueWorrior

BlueWorrior Subwoofer Extraordinaire

Yes! Studio Ghibli has made some of the most beautiful animations ever!
    Howl's Moving Castle is my personal fave :3

15. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Nice. NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind and Princess Mononoke are mine. Howl's a close third.

BlueWorrior likes this.
  16. Okami_No_Heishi

One of the most badass animated movies was Heavy Metal! Hell of a great soundtrack!!

DuranWolf and Very Hairy Larry like this.
  17. DuranWolf

Oh, hell yeah! I love that movie. Got it on BluRay. I own around 500 dvd's and blurays by the way.

18. Guilleum2

Guilleum2 Works too hard

Heavy Metal was interesting. I liked the different art styles, but trying to create a real coherent story out of it all was...a bit lacking for me. It was good I saw it though. The rotoscoping was amazing.

19. Okami_No_Heishi

We own quite a few too.

DuranWolf likes this.
  20. Rant

Rant Haters Gonna Hate

Empire of Corpses, amazing movie about what happens when you go to far 7/10

Letter to Momo, super funny yet tear inducing story of a girl sent 3 spirits to look after her when her father dies. 8.5/10

Patema Inverted, a global disaster leaves the worlds gravity reversed and caused much of the human race to 'fall' into the sky. 10/10

King of Thorns, HUGE FUCKING DISAPPOINTMENT 0/10
    READ THE MANGA.

BlueWorrior likes this.