Talk about a movie you've seen recently!

Discussion in 'TV, Video, and Film' started by BlueWorrior, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Okami_No_Heishi

Okami_No_Heishi Very Happily Married For 16 And A Half Years

That's funny as hell!!! I finally got to see The Arrival. Very good sci-fi movie. I kinda liked the message. And being a parent, it moved me to tears.

2. Sarachaga

Sarachaga You gain Brouzouf

I totally agree. Plus I don't see how batman is able to rotate his head in this film :p

Oh, I really want to see that movie, but I don't know if I missed it or if it's yet to come out here!

Simo and Okami_No_Heishi like this.
  3. Okami_No_Heishi

Aliens land and they find a linguist to try and learn their language. Its good. I think it just came out on bluray. It wasnt in the theatres long I think.

Sarachaga likes this.
  4. Okami_No_Heishi

Didn't Tim Burton direct that Batman?

Sarachaga likes this.
  5. Okami_No_Heishi

It was Tim.​

Sarachaga likes this.
  6. Sarachaga

You're having an internal monologue about the movie? xp

7. Okami_No_Heishi

Lol. Yep. I have to go to bed. 430 is only 4 hours away. Goodnight All!

Sarachaga likes this.
  8. Simo

Simo Skunk

Huh, now I'm trying to recall if he did rotate his head!

And yep, Tim Burton. Who, to me, is hit and miss: the films often look better than the plot...But I have enjoyed many of his films, to be sure.

Sarachaga likes this.
  9. Sarachaga

Yeah Tim Burton can be really great and really really bad. I've not really liked his most recent movies.

DuranWolf, Fallowfox and Simo like this.
  10. Simo

Simo Skunk

Same here: looking over the list, the ones earlier on tend to stand out more. He's almost become a kind of 'brand', like they're just being cranked out of a factory. He's certainly honed a very distinct style, but at the same time, it also has come to feel kinda predictable.

And now you have me wondering if Batman ever does turn his head in that movie...but I'll make somebody else watch it again! : )

Also, I now have to watch Beetlejuice again...it's been ages. I even used to watch the cartoon!

DuranWolf and Sarachaga like this.
  11. Fallowfox

Fallowfox T-Tauri

Tim Burton is like George Lucas. He needs a supervisor to make sure that the work he's making will actually appeal to humans.
    ...otherwise they end up making stuff like the starwars holiday special: Star Wars Holiday Special - Wikipedia

DuranWolf likes this.
  12. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

Alien. First ever horror movie I saw at the age of, what? Fuckin' 10? Scared the everliving crap outta me. Had nightmares for a week.

Watched it several times since then. Good classic. Can't beat good horror movies such as these.

DuranWolf and Sarachaga like this.
  13. Simo

Simo Skunk

OMG, I have to see this, it features a musical number by Bea Arthur, of Golden Girls fame!

That still scares me! *hides under the covers*

Fallowfox and DuranWolf like this.
  14. Khazius

Khazius The Fruit Bat

Recently re-watched Marley and Me :3

Aaaannndddd Sweeny Todd.

Sarachaga and DuranWolf like this.
  15. pallid-panda

pallid-panda Member

I just recently bought edward sissorhands. I still haven't watched it again, I saw it a while ago and remember it made me pretty sad. From what I remember the chick was a jerk, like she just sent him to the house alone and never visited him! I mean they lived in the same town, he didn't even live that far, they didn't have to have a romantic relationship or anything but they could of just been buddies. But nope, she just let him sit up there alone forever and tells the story to her kids. She's a jerk.

DuranWolf likes this.
  16. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

Just saw The Great Wall.

Shit movie. The costumes were cool though.

Sarachaga likes this.
  17. Sarachaga

I have to agree with you on this. Also the monsters were really a dumb idea(aliens,seriously?!)

Lcs likes this.
  18. DuranWolf

DuranWolf Youngish greymuzzle

I'm currently watching Highlander from 1986. Still a pretty enjoyable film despite its age.

Sarachaga likes this.
  19. Shane McNair

Shane McNair Adrenaline addicted Arwing pilot

I recently saw The Plague Dogs for the first time. Very depressing movie...

It did kinda make me want to read the novel, though.

20. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

Saw Sing today.

Not quite Zootopia tier, but it was cute enough. The pigs and the iguana were my favourite characters.

21. Twylyght

Twylyght Member

I just saw Logan today. I knew how it was going to end, but it was still bittersweet. I had a hard time telling which timeline the movie was placed in. I guess it was being vague on purpose.

22. DuranWolf

DuranWolf Youngish greymuzzle

Hey, where have you and Okami been lately? Are you guys OK? Please let me know.

23. moclan

moclan New Member

Kong 2017 very great ^^

24. MrPhox

MrPhox Member

Rogue one: A Star Wars movie. I watch it again half of it in French and the rest in English. I just don't like most of the movies in French, they seem to lake of emotions, and the sound (voices) are a bit low.

Its not the only movies that the voices are lower, that's a reason I don't like movies in French. But like Sing was good in French ^^

Also watch Rock Dog, was a cool movie. I like the vixen Darma, she's cute :p

25. DrExodium

DrExodium Guest

Kong the new one: Me love Samuel Jackson movie scare me a lot by loud sounds in theater and Samuel Jackson looked like a turtle in one scene it was good movie really really good.