Talk about a movie you've seen recently!

Discussion in 'TV, Video & Film' started by BlueWorrior, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Okami_No_Heishi

Okami_No_Heishi Very Happily Married For 16 And A Half Years

Me and bhutrflai just took our daughter and her girlfriend to see Split. Good movie. Love M. Night!

bhutrflai and Sarachaga like this.
  2. Sarachaga

Sarachaga Well-Known Member

And meanwhile I saw fifty shades of grey :c

Okami_No_Heishi likes this.
  3. Okami_No_Heishi

How was it?

Sarachaga likes this.
  4. Sarachaga

I puked a little bit in my mouth when I saw the movie.
    Seriously, it was not sexy, not interesting, and the bunch of girls giggling all around made it really hard to watch :p

5. Simo

Simo Skunk

OK, so this came out in 1989, and isn't new, but I just saw it: Batman, with Jack Nicholson as the Joker.

I'll have to say that the guy who played Batman lent the roll all the charisma of a cinder-block. What a dull, lifeless hero. His girlfriend was only mildly better. The saving grace was Jack Nicholson, but even here, I felt they could have given him a much better script. But at points, he did shine. The film itself felt plodding, garbled and choppy; it was really hard to care very much. And those gadgets, gadgets, gadgets. I get it: Batman has lots of flashy gadgets. Too many, in fact.

I did like the overall 'look' of the film, the kind of gritty almost Steampunk feel Gotham City had was consistent and lent some atmosphere. The problem seemed to lay in a dull script and a duller Batman. You really had to root for the joker in this one.

I wanted to like this film, but my overall reaction was 'meh'.

Okami_No_Heishi and Sarachaga like this.
  6. Okami_No_Heishi

That's funny as hell!!! I finally got to see The Arrival. Very good sci-fi movie. I kinda liked the message. And being a parent, it moved me to tears.

7. Sarachaga

I totally agree. Plus I don't see how batman is able to rotate his head in this film :p

Oh, I really want to see that movie, but I don't know if I missed it or if it's yet to come out here!

Simo and Okami_No_Heishi like this.
  8. Okami_No_Heishi

Aliens land and they find a linguist to try and learn their language. Its good. I think it just came out on bluray. It wasnt in the theatres long I think.

Sarachaga likes this.
  9. Okami_No_Heishi

Didn't Tim Burton direct that Batman?

Sarachaga likes this.
  10. Okami_No_Heishi

It was Tim.​

Sarachaga likes this.
  11. Sarachaga

You're having an internal monologue about the movie? xp

12. Okami_No_Heishi

Lol. Yep. I have to go to bed. 430 is only 4 hours away. Goodnight All!

Sarachaga likes this.
  13. Simo

Simo Skunk

Huh, now I'm trying to recall if he did rotate his head!

And yep, Tim Burton. Who, to me, is hit and miss: the films often look better than the plot...But I have enjoyed many of his films, to be sure.

Sarachaga likes this.
  14. Sarachaga

Yeah Tim Burton can be really great and really really bad. I've not really liked his most recent movies.

DuranWolf, Fallowfox and Simo like this.
  15. Simo

Simo Skunk

Same here: looking over the list, the ones earlier on tend to stand out more. He's almost become a kind of 'brand', like they're just being cranked out of a factory. He's certainly honed a very distinct style, but at the same time, it also has come to feel kinda predictable.

And now you have me wondering if Batman ever does turn his head in that movie...but I'll make somebody else watch it again! : )

Also, I now have to watch Beetlejuice again...it's been ages. I even used to watch the cartoon!

DuranWolf and Sarachaga like this.
  16. Fallowfox

Fallowfox T-Tauri

Tim Burton is like George Lucas. He needs a supervisor to make sure that the work he's making will actually appeal to humans.
    ...otherwise they end up making stuff like the starwars holiday special: Star Wars Holiday Special - Wikipedia

DuranWolf likes this.
  17. Yakamaru

Yakamaru No "Awooo'ing" allowed

Alien. First ever horror movie I saw at the age of, what? Fuckin' 10? Scared the everliving crap outta me. Had nightmares for a week.

Watched it several times since then. Good classic. Can't beat good horror movies such as these.

DuranWolf and Sarachaga like this.
  18. Simo

Simo Skunk

OMG, I have to see this, it features a musical number by Bea Arthur, of Golden Girls fame!

That still scares me! *hides under the covers*

Fallowfox and DuranWolf like this.
  19. Khazius

Khazius The Fruit Bat

Recently re-watched Marley and Me :3

Aaaannndddd Sweeny Todd.

Sarachaga and DuranWolf like this.
  20. pallid-panda

pallid-panda Member

I just recently bought edward sissorhands. I still haven't watched it again, I saw it a while ago and remember it made me pretty sad. From what I remember the chick was a jerk, like she just sent him to the house alone and never visited him! I mean they lived in the same town, he didn't even live that far, they didn't have to have a romantic relationship or anything but they could of just been buddies. But nope, she just let him sit up there alone forever and tells the story to her kids. She's a jerk.

DuranWolf likes this.