Talk about a movie you've seen recently!

Discussion in 'TV, Video, and Film' started by BlueWorrior, Oct 27, 2016.

1. MrPhox

MrPhox Member

no, but I feel McQueen's that he was thinking that he was too old and it was time to step aside, stop racing and just be a seller of products.

2. MrPhox

MrPhox Member

I have watch the Smurf the lost village and its a good movie. i was surprise how good it was and the they where not annoying like they are in the old 80s cartoon from Anna Barbara. That movie was good, but I find that are stuff that should not be, like the police Smurf. I mean they are living in the middle ages, there are no police. Kinda sheriff, but not in a village.

Beside that, its a good movie.

3. ClinkertheLion

ClinkertheLion Coal dust and noisy things

I recently rewatched a film i love dearly called the Titfield Thunderbolt. After british railways announces the closure of the local branchline, a team of amateurs do there best to save it. However, the local bus company will do anything to prove its safe by road.
    A classic from ealing studios. Doesn't really hold up as its a movie that focuses around a long solved issue on Britains railway, but it guaranteed to give you a lot laughs while watching

Simo likes this.
  4. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

Despicable Me 3:

A very forgettable movie of which almost the entirety of the plot and any humorous scenes were within the trailer. I actually enjoyed the other films from this series, so it's a shame that this was one was so disappointing.

Beatle9 likes this.
  5. Beatle9

Beatle9 Asexual coywolf and amateur writer.

I saw the movie Baby Driver recently. I liked it way better than I thought I would. I'm not really a fan of "car" movies (as I describe them) like Fast and the Furious they're just not really my thing, but I had a lot of fun with this one. They did a great job at working the soundtrack into the movie. If you haven't seen it already, you should really check it out.

6. Blight Hyaenodon

Blight Hyaenodon New Member

The most recent was Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and I saw it for the 3rd time. I still loved it to bits!

7. MrPhox

MrPhox Member

I have watch "My name is Nobody" with Terence Hill on youtube. Its a great movie with a good actor.

I have just watch a manga "Tiger.And.Bunny. The.Rising.2014" its a good movie of super heroes whit publicity on them and they are show live on TV for making points by their actions. They are kinda belonging to a big business man who's making money with them and deciding what to do with them.

Its interesting movie, weird and kinda remind me of Street Fighters.

8. Ramjet556

Ramjet556 Well-Known Member

The Big Short.

Really well done movie about the 08 Credit Crisis..
    Funny and serious at the same time..

9. MrPhox

MrPhox Member

Twenty.Million.Miles.To.Earth.1957

The crew of a space ship went to the planet Venus and bring aboard a alien life in a egg like. That reptile grow fast because of the right oxygen in the atmosphere. It seem that this beast have no lung or earth.

The ship crash in the ocean near Cecily, two fisherman decide to approach it and find a hole in it, they get inside it and rescue two man, one of them die a few hours later.

the cylinder in with the egg was place float to the shore and a stupid kid discover it and hide it in a cave near where he find it. he open it and hide that egg to go sell it to a professor (doctor in animals) so he could by a cowboy hat.

The stop motion is not bad, but a lot of stuff make no sense in it. They kinda hide the beast in a building in a zoo after hit got to like more that 7 feet tall. The use electricity 800 volts to keep it sedated, but the move a machine up and manage to hit a big light and the machine got short circuited (very fragile for the 50s) and that cause the beast to wake up.

Since the beast have no lungs, I don't remember how it breath. It can't bled (not sure it got blood at all) and the beast escape to the Coliseum in Rome where they use thanks to kill it.

Unless the kill one beast on Venus, I don't know how the find out that it got no earth (can't detect heart beat) and that it got no lung.

the nice of the professor and him where with the militarily in the zoo to "study" the beast. Don't know why here since she's "almost" a human doctor. Him, ok since he's more of a professor that a doctor.

10. Beatle9

I recently rewatched the movie Swiss Army Man. It's such a weird movie that I don't think is for everyone, but I love it. It's so weird because most of the jokes in it could be described as so juvenile, but it's oddly thought provoking in a non-pretentious way. It's also something I can say I've never seen before... or at least when I first saw it, can't say that now that I just rewatched it :p

It's honestly hard for me to describe the movie without it sounding like the most stupidest idea in existence. So I guess I'll just show the trailer. I know it's probably not for everyone, but I encourage people to check it out.

11. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

Cloud Atlas

Besides having an awesome title, the movie itself was very good I thought. One may need to read the book or rewatch the movie a couple of times to fully understand it, but even so it's truly very interesting. The plot is pretty complicated, but broadly it's about many different interlinked stories - some of the stories were funny, some of them were action-packed and others were sad.

12. fallout19980

fallout19980 Just some guy writing stories and playing dota

Just recently I saw Spider-Man homecoming. Although it lacked the drama that made the original Sam Raimi Spider-Man so awesome, it still was a decent movie. Was slightly annoyed that it strayed off the source material a bit, but nothing major.

13. Simo

Simo Skunk

I just watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I'd seen this before, but what an amazing film.

Few films have ever had this much emotional impact of me, and seem to flow so seamlessly from humor to sadness. The acting, the atmosphere, the dialog. Certainly Jack Nicholson's best film, and has a curious role featuring a young Danny DeVito, and, of course, the character of Nurse Ratched will haunt me to my dying day!

Solid 10/10 here; wish more films were this good.

14. fallout19980

fallout19980 Just some guy writing stories and playing dota

If you're in the mood for hard hitting drama's like One flew over the cuckoos nest, watch the Green Mile.

15. Simo

Simo Skunk

OK, I will check that out! Plot looks interesting, here.

16. Finian Wren

Finian Wren Starring Dante from Devil May Cry™

I just watched "Get Out" on Tuesday. I don't really think the film was terribly good, but I was fascinated throughout. It's basically the Stepford Wives, but with black people.

First off, I was in love with the performance from Bradley Whitford (Josh from West Wing) - he was a pleasure to watch. Dude always manages to drip with awkwardness and its perfect. Second, once the film begins to conclude and you have a solid grasp of whats going on, you cant help but bask in its absurd premise. I was convinced it was supposed to be a comedy that got shifted slightly more towards the serious side. I was 100% with Rod (the TSA Agent) that it was just an interracial sex cult. The racial commentary fell flat when they explained "Why black people?" with "Who knows, who cares!" (intercom sequence with blind Jim).

For some more absurdity, the deer jumpscare in the start of the film looked like it was shot out of a canon at the car. Plus, when Walter was running towards the camera in the darkness, I couldn't help but think of Forest Gump. Also, who the hell has candles, on super tall unstable stands, in a damn OR?

I thought it was a train wreck of a film, but people do seem to quite like it according to the interbutts. Fun enough to watch once anyway?

17. Wild-Fantasy-Run

Wild-Fantasy-Run Insert Clever Answer Here

Dunkirk..........It was entertaining for historical, and intense moments of human emotion and experience but completely lacked war -____- I don't know I just wanted to get out. The movie is about a battle in ww2 I think where the British are surrounded and pushed onto the beach. They pretty much get attacked lot and retreat the whole movie. Ehh go see it if your bored, good acting and plot, but hardly any action.

18. Starbeak

Starbeak Sent from Space, resides on Earth.

:p

Big Netflix watcher here... I never watch movies on cable t.v.

I recently watched Chicken Run!

It is old but I never saw it believe it or not.

I just saw it under my recommendations, and though I miss the rating system, I decided to watch it anyway.

It
    was pretty good. I like the claymation style as well as the dialog and plot. My favorite scene was when Rocky was pretending to teach the chickens how to fly. Another was when The Farmer kept believing he was going crazy every time he saw the chickens become organized. This movie is one of my favorites, and even though I wasn't that into Shaun the Sheep (Made by the same animators), I can appreciate the effort that was put into that type of animation.
    was a great film.

Next on my list related to Chicken Run, though old, is Wallace And Gromit. (Grommit??) Grom-a-lon-a-ding-dong. =D

:p

19. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

Recently watched a movie called The Red Turtle, I've got to say that it was pretty damn good. I believe it's considered to be an anime movie, though it has some Western influence too - I did some research on the movie after I had finished it and apparently it's a French-Belgian-Japanese film. There were other oddities too, like how throughout the entirety of the movie there wasn't a single line of dialogue - there was some grunting noises and such, but it was a mostly silent film. As for the plot of the movie, it's a little bit like Cast Away towards the beginning, I guess, but it then moves away from that and turns into a story about growing old and adapting to the island rather than trying to escape from it.

Anyways, it's was a good movie and it was much more unique than I was expecting.

20. MrPhox

MrPhox Member

I just watch Shin Godzilla (2016)

Its just in Japaneses with a bit of English and a short part in German I think.

That Godzilla look at the beginning like Snarl from the dinobot on the original transformers. But without front legs and fish eyes.

It kinda acting like a fish on land and seem to spit or drop or I don't know what,s its doing that came out is neck like. Later front paws grow out and start to stand up. The he start to look like Godzilla. He return to the water and later come back to the land and continue his destruction. He start by vomiting some kind off liquid from his mouth, then he spit fire and it concentrate as a purple energy beam that cut everything around it. Later the send the military with thanks and chopper to fire at it and have no effect. Godzilla can fire laser from his back and tail and destroyed a lot of missile shoot at him. He also shoot down bomber with his laser on his back.

The manage to kill him by forcing liquid nitrogen in his mouth by using cement pomp use for building skyscraper. Its a weird movie like most Japaneses movies.

21. Beatle9

I saw Detroit on Monday. Holy shit, that's probably the most intense movie since Green Room.

It was a pretty long, but fantastic movie about a situation that occurred during the 1967 Detroit riots. The whole movie essentially has three parts; Part 1 essentially shows the riots starting and taking place, due to the racial tensions of the time. Part 2 shows the Algiers Motel incident (if you don't know about it Google search it, it's really interesting), which takes up the majority of the movie. This entire scene is hard to watch, so much realistic violence and torture, with the police trying to get the occupants of the hotel to tell them where a suspected firearm is. And Part 3 shows the ensuing trial after the incident taking place.

Despite the grotesque amount of violence in it, non of it feels too much, it feels like they're just trying to show what actually happened and trying not to sugar code it, and from what I've read on the real life incident there's a few uglier stuff they didn't show. Obviously this isn't a movie you're going to feel very good going out of. It shows a lot of ugliness that was present during the 1960s, so don't go in if you aren't in the mindset to see a movie like this. But if you're interested I would highly recommend you see it, especially if you're a fan of docudrama movies like this.

22. MrPhox

MrPhox Member

I decided to watch Sahara, its a good story and I find the blue snake face to be kinda cute, for a snake ^^

The dance where interesting to see, when the two snake did break dance was cool, good movement and fun short story. (available on You Tube)

23. SveltColt

SveltColt Well-Known Member

I saw the darkest tower and there were some parts in that movie that was funny.

24. MarkMeers

MarkMeers New Member

25. Stadt

Stadt Eeriee the Wendigo

Went to see an early screening of IT on Thursday and it exceeded my expectations. I'm going to see it again tonight, and that's saying something, as I don't go to the movies very often and usually wait until it's available to stream at home. There are a handful of things that I wish would have been handled differently, which I won't mention since it's newer and I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but overall it didn't damaged the whole movie for me and was a very good reflection of the books. Very refreshing movie, especially after my hard decision to skip The Dark Tower. What happened to that film adaptation broke my heart.