Talk about a movie you've seen recently!

Discussion in 'TV, Video & Film' started by BlueWorrior, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

Just saw The Great Wall.

Shit movie. The costumes were cool though.

Sarachaga likes this.
  2. Sarachaga

Sarachaga Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you on this. Also the monsters were really a dumb idea(aliens,seriously?!)

Lcs likes this.
  3. DuranWolf

DuranWolf Youngish greymuzzle

I'm currently watching Highlander from 1986. Still a pretty enjoyable film despite its age.

Sarachaga likes this.
  4. Shane McNair

Shane McNair Adrenaline addicted pursuit pilot

I recently saw The Plague Dogs for the first time. Very depressing movie...

It did kinda make me want to read the novel, though.

5. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

Saw Sing today.

Not quite Zootopia tier, but it was cute enough. The pigs and the iguana were my favourite characters.

6. Twylyght

Twylyght Member

I just saw Logan today. I knew how it was going to end, but it was still bittersweet. I had a hard time telling which timeline the movie was placed in. I guess it was being vague on purpose.

7. DuranWolf

DuranWolf Youngish greymuzzle

Hey, where have you and Okami been lately? Are you guys OK? Please let me know.

8. moclan

moclan New Member

Kong 2017 very great ^^

9. MrPhox

MrPhox Member

Rogue one: A Star Wars movie. I watch it again half of it in French and the rest in English. I just don't like most of the movies in French, they seem to lake of emotions, and the sound (voices) are a bit low.

Its not the only movies that the voices are lower, that's a reason I don't like movies in French. But like Sing was good in French ^^

Also watch Rock Dog, was a cool movie. I like the vixen Darma, she's cute :p

10. DrExodium

DrExodium A fluffy cloud bunny furry thing

Kong the new one: Me love Samuel Jackson movie scare me a lot by loud sounds in theater and Samuel Jackson looked like a turtle in one scene it was good movie really really good.

11. Meowly555

Meowly555 New Member

i just rewatched the first harry potter movie. wow, they are young!

DuranWolf likes this.
  12. Rykhoteth

Rykhoteth I AM A HUGE JIAN PLEASE BREAK MY LEGS

Re-watched both The Force Awakens and Rogue One.

I was originally so mad at TFA I nearly walked out of the theater before it was over. Second watch was more fun because prejudice gave lower expectations. Either way, RO is the better movie simply because the script is actually salvageable compared to TFA, and there were some good nods towards EU. My opinion on JJ Abrams being overrated as fuck has been entrenched since LOST and TFA only made it worse. I hope to god he finally falls out of the Director-of-the-year flavor reboots before making any more. Kudos to Harrison Ford since the "money" aspect had me laughing my ass off on the second viewing. Also made me appreciate the fuck out of the prequels and realize I love the setting of the prequels more than I love the setting of the original trilogy.

Still not sure if I'm looking forward to Episode 8. I feel that TFA was a waste of a movie since it gave no potential for anything outside the movie. I guess it depends on how it's handled, but I don't trust Disney to do anything but play it "safe".

13. MrPhox

MrPhox Member

I re watch Invasion USA with Chuck Norris. A stupid movie.

I did see Logan and it was cool and sad.

Robot Planet: I don't know if its Earth or not since at the beginning it seem to be in German, but the have lunch a "relay station" like and us it to received the ship at the planet but there was a problem and he was force to eject and land on the planet. I wont tell what's happening but just say that the discovery is missing info and its rescue seem to got the same problem has him.

So its a weird movie with only one actor only. Yes he's alone from start to beginning. Well beside robots, there is no life form anymore, no animals or that you don't see any. No birds or any wild one.

Its not boring, but there kinda nothing going on or little going on in the movie.

14. Renan Azure

Renan Azure New Member

Logan really got me. I saw it in theaters and, like someone else said, it was a bittersweet end to those movies. (As much as I didn't like some of them...)

Oh, when...
    X-23/Laura flips the cross on Logan's grave to form an X... dayum. The feels.

15. ACaracalFromWork

ACaracalFromWork Forgive, forget and live!

I saw guardians of the galaxy 2 I loved it so much fun, highly recommend if you saw the first film.

It'sBlitz likes this.
  16. chirchri

chirchri Member

Demonic ( I can't forget this movie?)

Every House Has Its Secrets.

A police officer and a psychologist investigate the deaths of five people who were killed while trying to summon ghosts.

This movie is having an awesome plot twist too, don't forget to watch this movie.

17. Twist_su

Twist_su Film,Game

I saw Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV yesterday. The special effect is so cool.

18. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

most recent movie i saw was Alien Covenant and as a hard core Alien nerd it angered me greatly

19. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

I myself liked it quite a bit.

Spoiler below, and my main reason for being fascinated with the direction the series went.

1) It continues the theme of the creations and creators being in conflict with one another, and hints at how the creations of one take the ideas of their creators to craft their own new creations.

Humans were confirmed as being spawned from the DNA of the Engineers, hence our surface similarity to them.

David is shown in the opening scene as realizing within a few minutes of opening his eyes for the first time that he has been designed to be superior to humans in any number of ways. From physical capability, mental capacity, immortality, he is far superior to a human, and is frustrated that he is programmed to obey the commands of humans as a servant. Weyland does consider him a successful creation though, and one of his highest works.

On through Prometheus, David takes a keen interest in his task to experiment with the Engineer's mutagenic compound on humans, seeing what he can do to alter the species that created him, and also is curious to meet the creators of humans themselves, the Engineers.

The Engineers themselves see humans as a failed creation, and planned to wipe us out. When Weyland and David meet the Engineer in the ship, he rips David's head off, and uses the head of Weyland's finest work to bash his head in.

David survives (or 'remains active', you could say), and is eventually repaired by Shaw on the way to the Engineer homeworld.

He thanks Shaw for repairing him by going full pycho, meaning even his refined programming has human weaknesses within it, and uses her for experimenting on to create his own version of a perfect organism, and when their ship arrives on the Engineer homeworld, he annihilates the beings that first created humans to create more experimental material to craft his own vision of perfection.

And when he does, when we see the first neomorph burst from the captain (and when the protomorph faces him earlier), we see they are not hostile to David at all. David has done the same thing with his creation that his human creators had done with him, and which the Engineers had done with humans. He genetically programmed his creations to respect him. That's at least how I expect they'll justify the xenos in the rest of the Alien movies not being hostile to synthetics, unless they're threatened first.

Which means I'm hoping he gets his final comeuppance in the final prequel movie, and a xeno finally turns on him, and rips him to pieces.

That aside, I saw Wonder Woman a few days ago.

I don't think it really deserves the impressive 93% on Rotten Tomatoes, specifically because the editing felt really, really weird at times. Nowhere near as polished and seemless as some of the Marvel flics, and that did end up hurting some of the otherwise really good scenes. But it was still a fun and very enjoyable movie.

20. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

its not so much THAT its more scrapping the original lore and kind of ham fisting this new thing thing

the original lore was that the Xenos were the first race they're perfection and despite seeming animalistic are extremely intelligent and because they're so elitist they feel all other life "offends them" so that's why they have a need to destroy everything but as a friend pointed out "the new ones make sense then because they're not perfect if they were they wouldn't need hosts"