Talk of anime.

Discussion in 'TV, Video, and Film' started by Duality Jack, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Duality Jack

Duality Jack Feeling Loki with it.

Ahhhhhhhh alright I figured some of you may like "teh animu" so I figured opening a thread about it would be cool and stuff.

So does anyone have any favored series?

Personally I am currently re-watching Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, an old favorite.

2. Batty Krueger

Batty Krueger DJ Nailbunny

Im currently watching Kekkaishi. So I'm digging this series right now :3

3. Duality Jack

Its not bad in my mind, a little light hearted but fun nontheless. :p

4. Batty Krueger

Yeah. The kinds of anime I usually watch is generic, especially if it has furry critters in it. It's the furfag in me.

5. Duality Jack

Generic is not always bad. my preference lies with cynical or darker series personally though.

6. Batty Krueger

I hear you.
    I also used to watch initial D when I got into drifting. The cgi makes me laugh every time.

7. Duality Jack

Oh god So bad its good!

But not that bad. I dunno its alright. Should post it to my pal who adores drifting and animu

8. TuhtleSoup

TuhtleSoup I liek tuhtles

Continuing to watch Sword Art Online.

xaliceonfire likes this.
  9. Duality Jack

Whats that one about?

10. TuhtleSoup

TuhtleSoup I liek tuhtles

It's a two arc story, both depicted inside of a virtual reality game. The first arc takes place inside Sword Art Online which happens to be a 'game' for the creator who sets up deaths as deaths in the real world through electric shock through the VR helmet. It follows Kirito and his journeys with a generic anime action-drama love story.

The second arc, well, you'll have to watch it or research it to get the second arc. Basically it's all virtual reality.

11. Batty Krueger

I've been meaning to watch Claymore but I think it got removed from Netflix.

12. Lyxen

Lyxen Revivalst

Claymore is the shit, Witchblade was cool, Gundam Seed was cool to watch in my stoner years, I liked Gun X Sword, that one with the girl with glasses and the turtle went mew mew ryu and that blue guy with swords for limbs was also dope....

Right now Casshern Sins is the only one I have been following, it's very very boring but for some reason I watch it when "new" episodes are on.

13. Bipolar Bear

Bipolar Bear Phallus Fellater

Hmmm... I've been watching a lot of Baccano and Monster as of late, and a bit of FMA: Brotherhood. But seriously, Baccano is by far one of the most underrated animes I've ever had the joy of watching. The characters are vibrant and are barrels of fun to watch, the story is pretty okay but can get pretty cluttered at times, the dubs are about as spot-on as you can get for an Supernatural American Gangster anime set in the 1930's, and for the record? Ladd Russo is my favorite! X3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNoITwTJiEM

Oh, and I just finished watching Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage. All I can say? Rock and Revy are one of my favorite anime duos! Right below Vash the Stampede & Nicholas D Wolfwood from Trigun. :3

14. Duality Jack

That sounds fucking awesome.

15. Mittens

Mittens Member

I've been keeping up with Smile PreCure since April, it's pretty shit, but I still feel the need to watch the new episode every week. Before that, I was watching Mirai Nikki and Deadman Wonderland - they were pretty awesome, totally recommended.

16. ElectricBlue1989

ElectricBlue1989 Living a Boy's Adventure Tale

Blast you, d.batty. I was gonna mention that one.

No problem. I have an ace up my sleeve.

Wangan Midnight:
    [​IMG]

The guy that had 'em all with English subs on Youtube bit the dust. You'll just find some of 'em. Funny, one can find the full series subbed in Italian, French, original Japanese, etc.! I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and finish watching the thing with Spanish subs. Oh, well.

[​IMG]

17. I've been watching a lotta Hajime No Ippo recently, after a member of my gym recommended it to me. It's pretty awesome, and it's all on youtube, I recommend checking it out!

Edit: I should probably mention it's an anime about boxing, and it has more fighting spirit than Gurren Lagann. That should about sum it up.

18. Xeras'na Bladewing

Xeras'na Bladewing Guardian of the Twilight Realm

Claymore is awesome. As for other anime I prefer, my absolute favorite anime is FLCL. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is also a great anime. I also enjoy Ergo Proxy.

I'm also a partial fan of some of the more mainstream anime, such as Bleach and Death Note. Death Note I particularly like because of its dark tone.

Been meaning to watch Elfin Lied, but I have been watching Xam'd: Lost Memories recently.

19. FLCL is one of my faves as well. Hell I'll just make a list.

FLCL, Gurren Lagann, Baccano, Cowboy Bebop, Hajime No Ippo, Paranoia Agent, aaaaand Fullmetal Alchemist.

20. GhostWolf

GhostWolf Member

There are so many that are really excellent

Case Closed
    Mythical Detective Loki Ragnorok
    Golgo 13
    You're Under Arrest
    Ghost Stories

It's all a matter of finding out what you like

21. Aleu

Aleu Deuces

I was watching Ao No Exorcist but the series ended before the manga did so I'm going to read the manga. Same with Soul Eater. God that anime is fucking hilarious. I love Death the Kid.

22. Grunnolf

Grunnolf Raver

FML: Brotherhood, Spice and wolf, Gunslinger girls, and Hellsing are my top 4 favorites

23. lupinealchemist

lupinealchemist Hamburger time.

A friend got me into watching Ouran High School Host Club. It's pretty damn funny.

24. Captain Howdy

Captain Howdy Active Member

One Piece is about all I watch now. It's consistently good, and has a shit ton of episodes.

25. XoPachi

XoPachi Active Member

I've been getting into a robust one with character called Baccano. Great Mafia like show with a surreal twist as is all anime.
    Nothing will top Panty and Stocking for me, but Trigun is damn close. Azumanga Daioh is pretty relaxing to watch also. That's about all I care to watch continuously. Others like DBZ, and FML are a one time thing for me.