Talk of anime.

Discussion in 'TV, Video, and Film' started by Duality Jack, Nov 3, 2012.

1. benignBiotic

benignBiotic Banned

Just started watching Shirokuma Cafe (Polar Bear Cafe). Pretty entertaining! Especially for one with a propensity toward anthropomorphic animals. The animation's so pretty, it's a nice relaxing show.

[​IMG]

2. I liked a lot of Manga licensed anime from the late 80's/early 90's. My favorite would definitely have to be Violence Jack.
    Violence Jack was basically a run of the mill ultra violent post apocalyptic anime, centering around a 17 foot man that delivers vigilante justice with a giant jackknife.
    The best part of this series, in particular, is the quality English dub.

[video=youtube;gG4OkR4KULo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG4OkR4KULo[/video]

3. Twylyght

Twylyght Member

I did enjoy Persona 4: The Animation. They tried to stay true to the source material and there were some really funny parts in there.

4. CynicalCirno

CynicalCirno Hello

Have you watched the fan movie made of it?
    Cromartie has a perfect sense of humor. Honey Boy will never be ashamed.

I recommend you to keep watching Tiger and Bunny.

At first I thought it would be too strange for me, but it isn't bad at all. Very relaxing.

As for my own taste - my absolute favorite shows, or more correctly, the visual novels the shows are based on, are all Nitro+ related novels. That includes the two famous Chaos;Head(Terrible anime, amazing novel) and the Steins;Gate(Sub groups kind of destroyed the good 2chan jokes) novels, as well as the soon to come Robotics ; Note novel which isn't so related to Nitro+ anymore.
    Below that, I put shows that I've had a liking for them in the past and in the present(Some of them are actually pretty bad): Bonen no Xamdou, Initial D, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Baccano, Kaiji... and more.
    At the end are the comedy and parody shows like Cromartie, Joshiraku, Kore Wa, etc...(With more 2chan or nicovideo oriented jokes)

5. Captain Howdy

Captain Howdy Active Member

Tried out Panty & Stocking w/ Garterbelt, felt so nauseous by the end of the 2nd episode I had to stop. It seems relatively interesting, but the animation is way too much for my eyes/head to handle.

Finished Ao No Exorcist, and loved it. Wish there was more of it.

Finished Makai Sensi Disgaea and liked it, a little sad at the ending and would like to see a spin-off mini-series or something.

Working on Baka & Test next, then going to try Guilty Crown, Durarara, Ouran High School, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shtai! (?) whatever the fuck that is, haha. I got a bunch of random ones.

6. benignBiotic

benignBiotic Banned

Yeah same here. Couldn't stick it out.

7. Ninaiso

Ninaiso A Mix of Many

Ah well my top favourite would have to be Hetalia. Very excited for season five! A lot of my favourite strips are going to be animated and the new style looks good. I hope the animation is improved and more fluent and alive.

I've watched a lot of mainstream like Naruto and Bleach but haven't been keeping up with them much, so many fillers just give me the manga man.

I watched the first series of FMA and I'm watching FMA: Brotherhood. A tad rushed but still good. Oh Kekkaishi is a nice one too, I also really loved the Death Note anime. It's very interesting! I watch many more but those are the ones off the top of my head.

8. benignBiotic

benignBiotic Banned

It's official I'm a full blown Shirokuma Cafe fan (clearly). It's so sweet, it has some really great and funny characters, the artwork is pretty. Love it.

9. AdelynBlair

AdelynBlair Adelyn the Dutch Angel Dragon

Kyo Kara Maoh! is one of my favorite series.