Tell me an Interesting Fact About Yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shane McNair, May 1, 2017.

1. Shane McNair

Shane McNair Adrenaline addicted pursuit pilot

Here's a thread which I thought would be a good way to break the ice and get to know some of you a bit better.

An interesting fact about me: I was flying airplanes before I was old enough to have a drivers' license or even shave. True story. I first started logging hours with an instructor in a Cessna 172 back in 2005, before I even turned 15. I did this over the course of a few years but I never got my private pilot certification, and I never soloed. The costs of flying are just too high, unfortunately, so I had to put the whole thing on hold possibly indefinitely. I hope that I'll be able to continue someday, but I still haven't quite figured out how to make that happen. I would love to be able to do it professionally, and that seems to be the only way to do it.

Update: here are a couple of pictures of my old logbook.

pilot logbook 1.jpg pilot logbook 2.jpg

I think I would describe myself as someone who has lofty aspirations in life, but who really has no idea how to pursue and effect them. It's one of my most irritating and damning personal flaws, and it almost drives me to insanity. As much as I hate to admit it, I really haven't accomplished very much in my life so far, but this is probably the most unusual and noteworthy thing about me.

So what about you? What are some interesting and unique things that make you stand out as an individual?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  2. WolfNightV4X1

WolfNightV4X1 King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy

One time I caught a tennis ball between my middle finger and pointer finger by accident

3. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

An interesting fact about yourself, huh.

Although I consider myself in control of my emotions, I've been completely torn apart on the inside emotionally two times in my life. And although the scars are still there, I don't show them to people generally.

Bam_Bams likes this.
  4. Jarren

Jarren You can't just quote yourself! -Me

I've got a few! :p
    I held the season record for the high jump in my state one year.
    I'm an Eagle Scout.
    I've never been west of the Florida panhandle.

5. Old Fashioned

Old Fashioned Active Member

Hm, I don't find myself very interesting, but I've been to four countries and I've collected sixteen sewing machines of which I've serviced seven so that they are in working condition.

Raven-Foxx likes this.
  6. Royn

Royn Otterest Sergal evah!

Im Xelellan. You all refer to our system as "Trappist". Lol you Humans are so quaint...

7. OakenheelTheWolf

OakenheelTheWolf Active Member

I have a rlly big scar on mai face... i look like scar from the lion king with a bigger scar... sketch-1493695101599.png

WolfNightV4X1 likes this.
  8. WolfNightV4X1

To put in less of a joke post,

I've met people I met on the internet in person, one of them offered me a place to live and I went with them, moved out of my state and everything. (Protip: they are legit crazy in person though, not gonna lie :v)

It was a good decision for me because it helped me get a job, get on my feet, and plan for my life.

This isn't something I can openly admit because the stigma with meeting internet people is they are rapists, serial killers, etc. Thing is I've been internet savvy for a long time so you can tell who is genuine or not if you look hard enough or pay attention to behavior. Most the people I interacted with have an unfakeable online history that dates back years which displays their character, and you can usually get who they are from trusted friends as well.

I've also used my moderately technology-savvy ways when working in the walgreen's photo lab. It's fun to impress old people when I teach them how to work their digital camera to view their photo gallery instead of a single photo, or how to upload photos on our computer and edit them for printing. Just call me the magic millenial

Raven-Foxx and Trashsona like this.
  9. Frostbyte The Shark

Frostbyte The Shark Your Personal Shark Maid

I bet you didn't know, but I'm a furry!
    But seriously.. uhh.. the best thing about me is probably that I'm a programmer, and game maker. I work on a game making application called Axis Game Factory. For the heck of it, I'll tell you that you can download it on Steam..
    I like programming, but I feel way underpaid, so I'm going back to school to learn more and possibly get a better job.

That sounds like it would have hurt.

Trashsona likes this.
  10. WolfNightV4X1

Suprisingly, it did not. (I was playing throwing it up on the roof and catching it when it fell, so it vertical fell in place?)

And congrats on the programming thing, even underpaid sounds like a rad thing to get bragging rights on :p Not everyone made something that can be found on steam

Frostbyte The Shark likes this.
  11. Shane McNair

You should come out west some time. It's wide open, less populated, and we have some of the most beautiful, unspoiled landscapes you'll ever see.

12. Old Fashioned

Old Fashioned Active Member

Yep, I live on a old farm here in Colorado and I wouldn't trade for the city any day.

Shane McNair likes this.
  13. Royn

Seriously now. Ive one brother three years younger than I. We share a birthday, and born at nearly the same time of day. One not knowing us looking upon us would never guess we were even related, much less brothers. No, there were no adoptions and no milkmen.

14. Shane McNair

Now that's an interesting coincidence...

15. Shane McNair

For the most part, anywhere in Colorado that's far away from the front range seems like a pretty nice place to live. I've driven through Denver many times before, and for me it's a nightmare.

Old Fashioned likes this.
  16. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

I'm gay, and I'm a fox.

17. Royn

Denver is a nightmare. In fact, its pretty much nightmarish until one gets north of Longmont. or west of Nederlands. And for the sake of your sanity, stay the hell out of Boulder. That place has become a washed out stepford version of itself.

Raven-Foxx likes this.
  18. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

Despite being a super girly-girl, I'm actually a die-hard petrolhead (car enthusiast).

19. Shane McNair

North of Fort Collins is actually more like it. It's on the stretch of I-25 between there and Wellington where traffic actually eases up enough to where you can relax and you no longer feel the urge to go Grand Theft Auto on someone's ass.

As for Boulder, I have absolutely no desire at all to go there...ever. Nothing but filthy hippies and stoners...

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  20. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

I am and avid fan of weather and I've went on many personal adventures to photograph storms, attended lectures, gained spotter status two times (it's not that exciting of a title btw), and went on a 5000 - 6000 mile total storm chasing tour last year. Still didn't see a tornado (THOUGH IT IS DEBATABLE FOR I SWEAR I SAW A LANDSPOUT, some thought otherwise, but I was in the exact place and time other chasers called "it" in and I saw the dust column rising into the clouds).

FluffyShutterbug likes this.